Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Thabo an elite defender?

gtfo out of here

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    I understand what you're saying, Madden is part of the American culture but we've seen immensely popular things face stiff competition and die off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Madden 2005 was a great game.... but NFL 2k5 was a superior product at less than half of the cost. Keep that formula up for a couple years and they certainly would have eaten into EA's popularity a whole lot.
    Without a doubt I agree. I honestly wasnt into video games at that time so I missed on the cult classic known as 2k5. But just common sense says the competition EA would have faced with 2k would have been a good one. EA popularity could have taken a hit if 2k did what some people expected given 2k5. No gurantee, but again the competition would have put EA on their toes no question.

I think its extreme to think Madden takes the path of a Live/Elite/whatever its called tomorrow. It could be similar to COD and Battlefield. Madden being COD, but Battlefield being 2k. I'm a COD gamer thru and thru but Battlefield has snatch a nice portion of COD regulars from their grasp.

I have to google when EA loses the NFL rights because I welcome 2k to challenge them in creating football games. Right now Madden is getting away with whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I have to google when EA loses the NFL rights because I welcome 2k to challenge them in creating football games. Right now Madden is getting away with whatever they want.
    2014 I think. I've read that's it's pretty likely that EA extends their deal with the NFL though, which is unfortunate.

Anyway, saying that Madden would have the same fate of Live might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but I really do think EA would be in some serious trouble if 2K was ever allowed to make a new NFL game. A new NFL 2K game would definitely get a lot of hype and probably reduce Madden's sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    2014 I think. I've read that's it's pretty likely that EA extends their deal with the NFL though, which is unfortunate.

Anyway, saying that Madden would have the same fate of Live might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but I really do think EA would be in some serious trouble if 2K was ever allowed to make a new NFL game. A new NFL 2K game would definitely get a lot of hype and probably reduce Madden's sales.
    Agreed with 2nd part and if thats true in first part (extending their deal) that really really f*cking blows.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

OMG I'm so pumped!

"New to NBA 2K13 MyCAREER- GM sit-downs! At any point, you can meet with his GM to give him suggestions on the roster, discuss minutes, demand, request or rescind a trade request and more. After discussing the direction of the franchise in his second season, Ronnie demanded a trade! Let's see what happens." My Player needs to take a massive leap this year considering it's the most played mode by far in the 2K games last couple years.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

that could either be interesting or extremely 1 dimensional.

i hate not hearing anything new about assoc. im 90% sure they put very little new things into it. only good mode on 2k12.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    OMG I'm so pumped!

"New to NBA 2K13 MyCAREER- GM sit-downs! At any point, you can meet with his GM to give him suggestions on the roster, discuss minutes, demand, request or rescind a trade request and more. After discussing the direction of the franchise in his second season, Ronnie demanded a trade! Let's see what happens." My Player needs to take a massive leap this year considering it's the most played mode by far in the 2K games last couple years.
    You're always pumped. Remember 2k12 press conference questions?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You're always pumped. Remember 2k12 press conference questions?
    I know and I loved that addition until i realized that all of the responses were recycled. I'll be pumped about any addition that makes the mode feel more like a realistic career.

I know and I loved that addition until i realized that all of the responses were recycled. I'll be pumped about any addition that makes the mode feel more like a realistic career.
    But this will be no different in regards to being recycled.

OMG I'm so pumped!

how is that any different than last year? you can still do those things in 2k12 (demand trade, suggest players to pick up) but the only difference is you're physically sitting in the GM's office instead of being in a menu

Banned

I hope they change CAPs. Hairstyles and tattoos have been horrible for years now. I'm so sick of that f*cking "The patch" that I don't know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    how is that any different than last year? you can still do those things in 2k12 (demand trade, suggest players to pick up) but the only difference is you're physically sitting in the GM's office instead of being in a menu
    Adds more realism. Besides now you can full on discuss things like role, roster etc. big difference man.

Meh. Everything in that mode can get you hyped until you actually play it. Good marketing, good ideas, poor execution.

The mode definitely has potential, though. I hope one year they will sit down and make My Player their primary focus. Give it a huge upgrade, market around it as the reason you should purchase the next 2k, etc... Like they have done in the past with association and online play.

Until then it will continue to be an afterthought (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Meh. Everything in that mode can get you hyped until you actually play it. Good marketing, good ideas, poor execution.

The mode definitely has potential, though. I hope one year they will sit down and make My Player their primary focus. Give it a huge upgrade, market around it as the reason you should purchase the next 2k, etc... Like they have done in the past with association and online play.

Until then it will continue to be an afterthought (imo).
    It's by far the most played mode the last few years, so why would it be an afterthought? Flawed and not good enough yet sure but it already IS the main attraction of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I hope they change CAPs. Hairstyles and tattoos have been horrible for years now. I'm so sick of that f*cking "The patch" that I don't know what to do.
    Do you just gather complaints from OS then post them here?