Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Default Houston to get the proverbial "boot"...medium style.

I know I won't cry over it. The guy should have never left his desk at ESPN. Keep the team young and fresh. Or as young and as fresh as they can. Energy is what they were lacking last season. Try injecting that into this team this season.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Default Re: Houston to get the proverbial "boot"...medium style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
I know I won't cry over it. The guy should have never left his desk at ESPN. Keep the team young and fresh. Or as young and as fresh as they can. Energy is what they were lacking last season. Try injecting that into this team this season.

Sure! Forget about Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen -- they are way too old to be any good. It was a fluke that they outscored the Knicks by forty while only playing about 20 minutes each. If they had played the other 20, they would have either outscored the Knicks by 80, or got tired of scoring for the Celtics and started shooting for the Knicks. Who needs that other old codger named Kobe Jones? He is going to be washed up in about 5-10 years.

The Knicks need brains, leadership and teamwork -- not a bunch of young guys running around like Nate Robinson used to do. Or like Nichols who is not smart enough or patient enough to play in Europe for a season or two to learn defence.

William Shakespeare observed "It is a shame that youth is waisted on the young."

Last edited by oldknickfan : 10-20-2007 at 05:28 PM.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
orange&blue
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Houston to get the proverbial "boot"...medium style.

let houston go. the 100 million dollar man had the prettiest jump shot of all, but does anyone remember the games upon games where he would just disappear at crunch time??? starting mid-third period, it was as if he wasn't on the court. aside from the Layup in Miami, of course. all rules have their exception, and that's a good one. but seriously, let's not lionize the guy. he was never garnett, allen or pierce, to use the example above, and was never (imo) the knick we hoped for when he first came over. i agree we need "brains, leadership, and teamwork" to try and make this crazy mix of talent work. seriously. but we also need defense, stepping-up and savvy that allan never showed.
orange&blue is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: