Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Austin Daye for SAS..

I know its against philly... and I know its one game but do you think the Spurs system is already having an effect on his game

in the 3rd quarter he is 6-8.. 16pts 4 rebounds 2 steals 2 blocks in 17 minutes.. does anyone think the move to the Spurs can spark his career?

Local High School Star

Default Re: Austin Daye for SAS..

and next play after post he dishes a sweet dish

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

They are playing Philly and its just one game[COLOR="White"] lol [/COLOR]

Banned

a few games back he played only a few minutes but he hit 2 3s in 30 seconds. I always go crazy for him and patty mills

Local High School Star

3quarter time he has 19 points 7/10 shooting 6 rebounds 2 steals 2 blocks 1 assist

Dat 86 PER.

RC did it again

Popovich has perfected basketball.

I rule the local playground

Damn. My team has been successful in the same era the Spurs have, but I'm awfully jealous of just how superb the Spurs' entire organization is. The FO, coach, scouts are so damn good year in and year out. Even the assistants are excellent. I bet even the AT&T center is the cleanest cause they have the best janitors.

I mean...name 5 bad moves that the FO has done in the Duncan era. I bet all of them are in that weird 08-11 span apart from maybe trading away the Scola pick (to get rid of Jackie Butler iirc, something like that).

Banned

I hope this isn't just a one game thing. i've been waiting for him to get some playing time. Now it's almost like having 2 danny greens

National High School Star

Actually when he first came out i thought he would be excellent. Has handles, length, height and can shoot well. I guess the prob with the pistons was their lack of identity and that they either asked him to do too much or too little. Out of mills, bellinelli etc i believe he has he highest ceiling and will really be a great player for the spurs.

Nope thats pretty much Austin Daye, bound to have 1 or 2 games a season to make everyone think he has potential.

Decent playground baller GabeIsGone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn
    I mean...name 5 bad moves that the FO has done in the Duncan era. I bet all of them are in that weird 08-11 span apart from maybe trading away the Scola pick (to get rid of Jackie Butler iirc, something like that).
    1. Scola like you said
    2. Trading for Richard Jefferson
    3. Then resigning RJ for way to much
    4. Resigning Matt Bonner for ridiculous $$
    5. Signing Jeff Ayers this season

I believe the 'bad' moves that the Spurs have made has been their lack of moves. Tiago Splitter is the first legit big Duncan has had next to him since Robinson, the front office basically forced him to switch positions (He's forced to play the 5 now because of age, but it wasn't always that way). Not resigning Capt'n Jack who then went on to become multiple all-star. Passing over veteran big over veteran big (especially during the Michael Finley era).

There are lots to pick from. SA may be better than most, but certainly not perfect.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by GabeIsGone
    1. Scola like you said
    2. Trading for Richard Jefferson
    3. Then resigning RJ for way to much
    4. Resigning Matt Bonner for ridiculous $$
    5. Signing Jeff Ayers this season

I believe the 'bad' moves that the Spurs have made has been their lack of moves. Tiago Splitter is the first legit big Duncan has had next to him since Robinson, the front office basically forced him to switch positions (He's forced to play the 5 now because of age, but it wasn't always that way). Not resigning Capt'n Jack who then went on to become multiple all-star. Passing over veteran big over veteran big (especially during the Michael Finley era).

There are lots to pick from. SA may be better than most, but certainly not perfect.
    Here's a big one - the 2003 off-season. For as good as the Spurs players were in winning the championship that summer, the management was equally bad in putting together a championship team the following season.

In the 2003 NBA Draft, the Spurs selected Barbosa with their 28th pick. However, his rights were traded to the Phoenix Suns for a future protected first-rounder. Barbosa ended up becoming a solid contributor for the Suns. Won the 2007 Sixth Man of the Year award and was considered one of the NBA

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

It's philly man