Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    i really hope you are being funny. 5% is not a miracle.
    That's 1 out of 20 times! That means over 20 years, it would only happen once. Those are long odds, entering the miracle status. I guess you don't watch poker much. If you did, you would see that a two outer on the river is a "miracle" card. Why? Because the odds of it happening are 1 IN 20!

Banned

and something being unlikely doesn't make it a conspiracy. And thus, your thread, is retarded. We have conspiracy threads on each and every thing that happens in the nba. Thus, everytime something happens, someone predicted it, thus it is a conspiracy by your logic.

I'm sorry, dumb is dumb.
    You dont believe it is a conspiracy, why the **** are you still even posting in this thread?

If you dont believe it, move on.

Yet that concept is too hard for you because you feel the need to argue about why I'm wrong when you clearly dont believe it nor want to believe it.

You are literally in this thread arguing against my opinion on the Lottery, while providing no facts because there are no facts to support my statements or your statements, just an own opinion on it.

Seriously its been pure comedy how much this is now affecting you, at leats GOBB understood its my own opinion and went ahead and took his afternoon nap before watching Guiding Light instead of going back and forth with me for pages arguing against my opinion.

You refuse to reach a middle ground in this discussion, so just delete this thread from your subscription.

So ****ing simple, it amazes me how you have wasted so much time.

Quote Originally Posted by tastystaci
    That's 1 out of 20 times! That means over 20 years, it would only happen once. Those are long odds, entering the miracle status. I guess you don't watch poker much. If you did, you would see that a two outer on the river is a "miracle" card. Why? Because the odds of it happening are 1 IN 20!
    1 in 20 is not a miracle. Once in 20 years something happening does not qualify as a miracle. If you think that, i'm kind of sorry your schooling has failed you, and if you lived close by, i'd gladly tutor you as a mind is a terrible thing to waste. (And god knows enough of you are wasting it.) But no, 5% does not qualify as a miracle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    If it was a fair lottery, the NBA could pick the f@#king balls out right in front of everyone. The last time they did that was when 91 ? STFU and think before you post, I don't care who you are or how many posts you got, you lose on this draft front SON...
    GOBB was around when you got a letter in the mail if you were drafted.

All the Draft is is chances based out of 1000 yet statistically certain teams from 9-14 each year are given.

Its done behind closed doors, all we see is a pinball machine when they cut to it behind the scenes.

All I know is that there is a bald man who opens up the envelopes, I have the right to question the ligitimacy of the NBA Lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    You dont believe it is a conspiracy, why the **** are you still even posting in this thread?

If you dont believe it, move on.

Yet that concept is too hard for you because you feel the need to argue about why I'm wrong when you clearly dont believe it nor want to believe it.

You are literally in this thread arguing against my opinion on the Lottery, while providing no facts because there are no facts to support my statements or your statements, just an own opinion on it.

Seriously its been pure comedy how much this is now affecting you, at leats GOBB understood its my own opinion and went ahead and took his afternoon nap before watching Guiding Light instead of going back and forth with me for pages arguing against my opinion.

You refuse to reach a middle ground in this discussion, so just delete this thread from your subscription.

So ****ing simple, it amazes me how you have wasted so much time.
    there is no middle ground. you are wrong. if i predict it will snow in april and it does (which it does once ever 15 years or so) it doesn't make me psychic. If you predict something with a low probability and it happens, it doesn't make it a conspiracy.

i say you are really dumb. you say you are not. let's just say you are kind of dumb and call it middle ground. Dude, middle ground?

Carry on! But for the love of god will you all stop with the grade school special ed level math? I'm so going to home school my daugher if this is what we are churning out.

Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

1 in 20 is not a miracle. Once in 20 years something happening does not qualify as a miracle. If you think that, i'm kind of sorry your schooling has failed you, and if you lived close by, i'd gladly tutor you as a mind is a terrible thing to waste. (And god knows enough of you are wasting it.) But no, 5% does not qualify as a miracle.
    Why do you keep bringing up schooling and math when it comes to your vs. my definition of a "miracle". 1-20 is a f*ckin longshot. Once every 20 years is a f*ckin longshot. So you're telling me if a team was a 20-1 dog to win a series, it wouldn't be a miracle for them to win? You're outta you're f*ckin mind. You and Gobb have the same "God Complex". You really should get your righteous head out of your righteous anus.

^Again, it hasn't been about math or the law of averages for some time, Niko.

They used to perform the actual drawing right in front of everyone on national TV, after having said reps from diff.teams verify the numbers of balls going in the machine. EVERYONE got to see it was fair and honest. Even before 1991 they rigged it certain years, when major talents Stern felt needed to go to certain major markets.
    From a business perspective, the perception of fairness and honesty is far more important than actual fairness and honesty, and I wasn't complaining last year when my squad got the #1 pick against all math/law of everages, and got the hometown narrative that will last for a decade or more, in many markets other than my own.

What is the reason for secrecy in this scenario, other than if something shady is being done? TV time/speed, please they want to drag it out to get maximized ad revenue. The reason for secrecy is to conceal action. I think it's fairly obvious the reason they have moved to just walking out with envelopes.
    Because it's men in suits looking at little balls and passing them to each other conferring they say the team they say. As Bagelred said (and you all ignored because the mobb is stupid) the NBA has explained the security process and what they do and the number codes etc.

you all must be real fun in your every day life, OH **** IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO RAIN AND IT JUST STARTED RAINING. GOD MUST BE ANGRY, RUN!!!!!!!! IT'S A MIRACLE!!

All I know is that there is a bald man who opens up the envelopes, I have the right to question the ligitimacy of the NBA Lottery.
    If they showed you the whole process you would still make up conspiracy theories. Thats the whole point with you. That when proven WRONG you find a new way to create more BULLSHYT! And after you reveal your new and latest BULLSHYT you'll tell everyone you have a right to your stupidity. Oops i mean opinion.

Give me a break. This thread shot down every argument you put up. And now you're down to they wont let you in the back room to see the process of the ping pong balls therefore something is fishy.

Thats what you are down too. What are you 8?
    Last edited by GOBB; 05-19-2009 at 02:01 PM.

If they are choosing the winners why is it about 1 specific team over the league as a whole?

New york knicks don't have to be good for their franchise to make money for the league- they are one of if not the biggest money makers in the nba good or bad

The bulls needed a superstar to make them relavent, cleveland would be one of the teams people talk about moving without their lottery win, it was clear that denver had helped other teams and hit rock bottom then were ready to build back up with carmelo- didn't yao specifically ask to be in a big market wc city? Does the league like marketing d wade and the heat and did they see a potential bad situation in miami without another big name player

Prob makes no sense, just trying to say that if its fixed I don't look for teams like ny to win this year- I see teams like milwaukee,sacramento and minnisota needing the boost- also wizards are right back with griffen and I just think nba would rather have rubio as a clipper than a knick

Banned

Shut the **** up.

I posted miracle describing it in one of my posts a full page back and you have been marinating on that word since then in each of your posts.

1 out of 20 is generally refered to as a miracle.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/miracle
    An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God
    We all know God in this case is David Stern.

One that excites admiring awe.
    So you arent shocked when something that has a 5% chance out of 100 happens?
    Its unexpected considering the odds, so if I refer to it as a miracle I have the right to if it occurs against such high odds.

And I'll bet my dick my math score on my ACT was higher than yours you arrogant assuming ostrich.

It's not about math or the law of averages anymore, suck it up.
    Many years, it is about marketability and demographics/markets.
    Yes, because you are so eloquent. I'll pass, but for some reason I'm confident that's not the case.

"Many years, it is about marketability and demographics/markets."

What are you talking about? Trying to wow me with big words?

you all must be real fun in your every day life, OH **** IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO RAIN AND IT JUST STARTED RAINING. GOD MUST BE ANGRY, RUN!!!!!!!! IT'S A MIRACLE!!

Shut the **** up.

I posted miracle describing it in one of my posts a full page back and you have been marinating on that word since then in each of your posts.

1 out of 20 is generally refered to as a miracle.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/miracle

We all know God in this case is David Stern.

So you arent shocked when something that has a 5% chance out of 100 happens?
    Its unexpected considering the odds, so if I refer to it as a miracle I have the right to if it occurs against such high odds.
    I would be surprised and happy if the Knicks win the lottery yes. But declaring it a miracle is a bit farfetched. Every year i wait for it to happen. It never does. A 5% chance means 1 in 20, it doesn't mean if you roll the dice (assuming the dice had 20 sides) you hit the 20th of 20 times. It means, on average, you roll your number once out of the 20 times. Could be the first time, could be the last time. But it hasn't happened yet. You think maybe someday it could happen. So it happening now (and it probably wouldn't happen again for quite some time) fits reasonably as a possible scenario.

Surprised yes. ITS A MIRACLE, PRAISE BE TO JESUS! No, not really.

Banned

there is no middle ground. you are wrong. if i predict it will snow in april and it does (which it does once ever 15 years or so) it doesn't make me psychic. If you predict something with a low probability and it happens, it doesn't make it a conspiracy.
    Im not predicting it solely for this year, there is a track record of things like this happening when regarding the NBA Lottery so by me assuming there is a conspiracy is not out of the realm of imagination.

i say you are really dumb. you say you are not. let's just say you are kind of dumb and call it middle ground. Dude, middle ground?
    Sure.

Yet you've come in with dead set beliefs against there even being any type of tweaking of a supposed Lottery and have spent pages arguing against my beliefs that there is a tweaking of the Lottery.
    Why continue on, The only reason why I'm even responding is because I created this thread to discuss this, anything different I would of stopped responding with your biased argument.

Carry on! But for the love of god will you all stop with the grade school special ed level math? I'm so going to home school my daugher if this is what we are churning out.
    If she ends up becoming smarter than you, would that not be a miracle?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    If they showed you the whole process you would still make up conspiracy theories. Thats the whole point with you. That when proven WRONG you find a new way to create more BULLSHYT! And after you reveal your new and latest BULLSHYT you'll tell everyone you have a right to your stupidity. Oops i mean opinion.

Give me a break. This thread shot down every argument you put up. And now you're down to they wont let you in the back room to see the process of the ping pong balls therefore something is fishy.

Thats what you are down too. What are you 8?
    You believe you shot down my argument because you had 1 person quote you and agree.

So of course carry on with the Victory you have achieved in your own mind, I argued all of your points with answers for the opinions you presented and if you agreed with any of them wouldn't that make me right?

The ownage continues GOBB....I've come out on top in every one of these petty arguments you start in each thread.

I can't leave a without you quoting me and baiting.