Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #16
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!
 
sulsuvtut27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Stanford: Home of Champions
Posts: 1,722
Default Re: Pac-10 Regular Season Title Game: UCLA v Stanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_morrison
you must have missed the play because your description is way off. that was defended perfectly, the ref 5 feet from the play didn't make the call, it was the ref 40 feet away. with 2.5 sec left in the game you don't make a game changing call unless the contact is obvious.

too bad for stanford, they went into pauly and outplayed ucla for 39 min and lost on a bonehead call.

if life was fair no foul would have been called and stanford would be pac 10 champs, but life isn't fair and ucla stole that game with a home town call.

"That was a complete block," said UCLA guard Darren Collison, who was stuffed by Hill but went to the foul line when a referee away from the play made the call. "We were fortunate to get a call on that.

Even he agrees

"That was block," said Collison. "That was a complete block. We were fortunate to get a foul called. I heard it was a make-up [call]."

Last edited by sulsuvtut27 : 03-07-2008 at 12:29 PM.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #17
Bruinlove
Banned
 
Bruinlove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 1,589
Default Re: Pac-10 Regular Season Title Game: UCLA v Stanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulsuvtut27
"That was a complete block," said UCLA guard Darren Collison, who was stuffed by Hill but went to the foul line when a referee away from the play made the call. "We were fortunate to get a call on that.

Even he agrees

"That was block," said Collison. "That was a complete block. We were fortunate to get a foul called. I heard it was a make-up [call]."
Watch the play again, you'll see Collison's shooting arm get brushed and contact by the Stanford guy's off hand (read, hand not up in the air trying to block the shot)

It comes down and hits Collison's shooting arm, then his other hand cleanly blocks the ball. But too late, his other arm already did the damage
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #18
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!
 
sulsuvtut27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Stanford: Home of Champions
Posts: 1,722
Default Re: Pac-10 Regular Season Title Game: UCLA v Stanford

you need to get your eyes checked, Collison just got tossed. His off hand was no where near the play. It was all of his right hand with the rejection. Show me anywhere when his "off hand" creats the "foul?"
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #19
baseketball4life
7-time NBA All-Star
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,696
Default Re: Pac-10 Regular Season Title Game: UCLA v Stanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinlove
Ok, for one, with his offhand, the defender made contact with Collison's shooting arm. Secondly in the air, the defender did not go straight up and he made alot of body contact with Collison. It was a good call. It was in overtime when the refs began screwing you over, but by then the loss was inevitable anyways. Stanford lost this game themselves by blowing a 14 point lead. Another sig Bruins comeback
what do you mean by "you"? i could care less for Stanford or UCLA i dont like either team, all im saying is that shouldnt have been called
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #20
darenzou
Saw a basketball once
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 19
Default Re: Pac-10 Regular Season Title Game: UCLA v Stanford

For those that think the foul was legit, you guys are obviously UCLA fans and remind me of the duke fans who argued that Gerald Henderson did not intentionally clip Tyler Hansbrough in UNC vs Duke last year. Speaking of which, UNC/Duke tomorrow should be HOT!!
darenzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #21
Efunk7
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 445
Default Re: Pac-10 Regular Season Title Game: UCLA v Stanford

it's no big secret that pac-10 refs are terrible...
Efunk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #22
adam_morrison
Landry is a true balla
 
adam_morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Moose Factory, Ontario
Posts: 152
Default Re: Pac-10 Regular Season Title Game: UCLA v Stanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efunk7
it's no big secret that pac-10 refs are terrible...


so true
adam_morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #23
adam_morrison
Landry is a true balla
 
adam_morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Moose Factory, Ontario
Posts: 152
Default Re: Pac-10 Regular Season Title Game: UCLA v Stanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinlove
Watch the play again, you'll see Collison's shooting arm get brushed and contact by the Stanford guy's off hand (read, hand not up in the air trying to block the shot)

It comes down and hits Collison's shooting arm, then his other hand cleanly blocks the ball. But too late, his other arm already did the damage


Stop giving me this BS. your own star player said it was not a foul (read, not a foul)

"That was block," said Collison. "That was a complete block. We were fortunate to get a foul called."

Fcukin home town ref.



stanford will win the pac 10 tourny. ucla woke up a pair of sleeping giants.
adam_morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #24
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!
 
sulsuvtut27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Stanford: Home of Champions
Posts: 1,722
Default Re: Pac-10 Regular Season Title Game: UCLA v Stanford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQucR0hGSV8

so when does he get fouled?
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #25
ClipperWatch
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 25
Default Re: Pac-10 Regular Season Title Game: UCLA v Stanford

Would you want a referee to perform open heart surgery. Hell nah. It's been a fact that referees can't get the job done. If there is going to be bs calls each and every game which has a good chance of determining the finale (see defense wins championships=see referee give them a benefit of the doubt=calls in one end but not the other), then let's eliminate them. If they can't do their jobs 100% correct, then they shouldn't have a job in the first place.

If rules cannot be enforced, then don't enforce them at all.
ClipperWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #26
adam_morrison
Landry is a true balla
 
adam_morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Moose Factory, Ontario
Posts: 152
Default Re: Pac-10 Regular Season Title Game: UCLA v Stanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperWatch
Would you want a referee to perform open heart surgery. Hell nah. It's been a fact that referees can't get the job done. If there is going to be bs calls each and every game which has a good chance of determining the finale (see defense wins championships=see referee give them a benefit of the doubt=calls in one end but not the other), then let's eliminate them. If they can't do their jobs 100% correct, then they shouldn't have a job in the first place.

If rules cannot be enforced, then don't enforce them at all.

are you saying that there shouldn't be any refs, and games will be played by prison rules.
adam_morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy