Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #31
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

Default Re: The Celtics left little doubt as to who is the best in the Eastern Conference

LOL The Celtics won the game handidly, but they hardly are absolutely the best team in the East. If that is the case, then I guess they are also the best team in the league since the East is so much better then the West.

Also just to let everyone know that the Lakers beat the Celtics last year 2x, the Cavs beat the Spurs the year before 2x, and I am almost positive that Dallas beat Miami 2x.

Last edited by lilgodfather1 : 03-07-2009 at 12:19 PM.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #32
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: The Celtics left little doubt as to who is the best in the Eastern Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
And another thing, the Celtics dont have James Posey on their team coming off the bench. I swear that guy will do anything and everything to win. But I guess Stephon Marbury will do the same thing right?

James Posey was the real MVP of the finals last year... lol

Even w/o Posey their bench is probably better than last year..

Marbury
House
Allen
Powe
Moore
Davis
Pruitt
Walker
Scalabrine

Moore is going to be a great pick-up, and is like KG with his energy.

Does anyone know when/if Allen & Scalabrine are coming back?
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #33
t-rex
17 NBA Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
Even w/o Posey their bench is probably better than last year..

Marbury
House
Allen
Powe
Moore
Davis
Pruitt
Walker
Scalabrine

Moore is going to be a great pick-up, and is like KG with his energy.

Does anyone know when/if Allen & Scalabrine are coming back?

Allen is about 5 weeks away.

I am very worried about Scalabrine. He is still having concussion issues. His return is unknown.

t-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #34
KenneBell
What set you claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
Also just to let everyone know that the Lakers beat the Celtics last year 2x, the Cavs beat the Spurs the year before 2x, and I am almost positive that Dallas beat Miami 2x.
BS. The Celtics dominated the Lakers last year. In both games. In fact Kobe might have had his worst game of the season against them.

Last edited by KenneBell : 03-07-2009 at 12:32 PM.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #35
Kevin_Garnett_5
Good college starter

The Celtics swept the season series against the Lakers last year.
Kevin_Garnett_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #36
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

You are right, I checked and I guess I was wrong. Still the Cavs swept the Spurs, and I can't find it but I am pretty sure that Miami got swept by Dallas.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #37
t-rex
17 NBA Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
You are right, I checked and I guess I was wrong. Still the Cavs swept the Spurs, and I can't find it but I am pretty sure that Miami got swept by Dallas.

Regular Season Series of the last 5 NBA Finals

2008 Celtics over Lakers/regular season, Celtics 2-0

2007 Spurs over Cavs/ regular season Cavs 2-0

2006 Heat over Mavs/ regular season Mavs 2-0

2005 Spurs over Pistons/ regular season Split 1-1

2004 Pistons over Lakers/regular season Split 1-1

Last year (in bold) was the first time in at least 5 years that the team that swept the regular season series also won the Championship rematch.

It's interesting that the regular season series outcome is not indicative to the Finals result.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #38
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

The team which has home court is the best in the eastern conference.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #39
Moneyshot
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy10
To assume makes an ass out of you and me.

Did this jackazz really just say this? hahah
Moneyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #40
Guy10
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyshot
Did this jackazz really just say this? hahah

What the **** is a "jackazz"?

And yes I sure did. He is making assumptions that because the Lakers beat the Celtics in 2 regular season games decided late in the game that:
A) The lakers "owned" the Celtics.
B) It guarantee's the Lakers a championship.

It does neither of those. Sorry.

This Celtics win over the Cavs really does nothing for the future either except force the Cavs to beat the Celtics in their next game so they split the season series. It could still go either way. Obviously the coach of the Cavs will now realize that taking the double team off of Pierce/Allen doesn't work so hot. The Celtics will also review the footage of this game and every game from here on out of teams that hold James to poor shooting and restricting his driving to the lanes. Nothing is set in stone yet. For all we know the Lakers, Celtics, and Cavs could all be upset in the 1st or 2nd round. Each has lost games to poor teams. Just going to have to wait and see.
Guy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #41
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

and if the Cavs beat the C's at home then what?
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #42
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy10
What the **** is a "jackazz"?

And yes I sure did. He is making assumptions that because the Lakers beat the Celtics in 2 regular season games decided late in the game that:
A) The lakers "owned" the Celtics.
B) It guarantee's the Lakers a championship.

It does neither of those. Sorry.

A) Gasol pretty much single handily made the entire Celtics team his b**ch when he scored 9 of the Laker's last points with the game on the line right in the paint at the end of the game in LA with 3-4 Celtics around him everytime. They knew what was coming and still couldnt stop him, that my friend is being owned

B) Never said it guarantees anything but the Lakers have the better team this year. Not only is the proof in the fact the Lakers beat them twice, they also have the best record in the league. The genius who started this thread thinks the Celtics are better than the Cavs based off ONE home win, so surely the Lakers are better than the Celtics right?
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #43
Ken_Masters
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
and if the Cavs beat the C's at home then what?

Doesn't make up for the fact that Cleveland has a GLARING weakness, whereas Boston does not. Cleveland can't defend bigs, and they have no post game themselves. That little chip in their armor is what's going to prevent them from winning it all. Even if they somehow get past Boston, this glaring weakness is going to come back to haunt them. They should have traded for Shaq while they had the chance.

Last edited by Ken_Masters : 03-07-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Ken_Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #44
Ken_Masters
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
A) Gasol pretty much single handily made the entire Celtics team his b**ch when he scored 9 of the Laker's last points with the game on the line right in the paint at the end of the game in LA with 3-4 Celtics around him everytime. They knew what was coming and still couldnt stop him, that my friend is being owned

B) Never said it guarantees anything but the Lakers have the better team this year. Not only is the proof in the fact the Lakers beat them twice, they also have the best record in the league. The genius who started this thread thinks the Celtics are better than the Cavs based off ONE home win, so surely the Lakers are better than the Celtics right?

I've watched just about every Laker game this year, and i'm sorry, if they continue to play that swiss cheese defense, they won't be winning anything. As a matter of fact, if they continue to play the kind of defense that they've been playing all season, i seriously doubt that they'll even make it out of the west. They were supposed to shore up the defensive end, and anyone who watches the Lakers play, obviously sees that's not the case. Any team that has a superior point guard, and superior 3 point shooting can beat the Lakers.
Ken_Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #45
t-rex
17 NBA Championships

I actually think Utah is this/close to LA. I know that is a minority opinion. But right now I think Jazz/lakers is a 7 game series.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: