Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-08-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
BirdOverrated

Arrow "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
A Western Conference scout on the MVP race:

"LeBron does so much for his team. And he's the most talented player in the NBA and the best athlete in the NBA. But Kobe has mastered the game just like Jordan did.

"He knows when to take a game over. He knows how to win a close game. He's making other players better now. He has improved his low-post game and his long-range game. He has shown us footwork that has never been seen before. He's also the best defender in the NBA when he wants to be.

"LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Another Western Conference scout on the same topic:

"Mike [Brown] has done a really good job with that team. So much less structure on offense now, which has really helped them. Mo [Williams] and Delonte space the floor and make shots. But it's mostly LeBron. He's all over the floor. They're so hard to match up with because he will take the bigger guys off the dribble and post up all the small guys. He has really improved his outside shot and his D.

"Kobe is still the better player
, but LeBron is having the better season. He does more things, and his team would be a lot worse without him [than the Lakers without Kobe]."

Man this race will go down to the wire, and It will come down to wins in my opinion. If Lakers have a

Lakers: 50-12
Cavs: 49-13
Head-to-Head:Lakers 2, Cavs 0

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...ime-090307-08#

Last edited by BirdOverrated : 03-08-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:21 AM   #2
Lakers13
Reload Time

Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

The first stone has been throne...
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:24 AM   #3
Al Thornton
Banned

Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Why are you such a douche?

Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:29 AM   #4
spursdynasty420
Banned

keep worrying about the mvp...
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:29 AM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
purple8gold
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

If it's close, they will give to James. If Kobe gets it, it will be like last year when everyone thinks Paul should've been the MVP, which I disagree with. I really think the people who undermine Kobe don't really watch enough of his game. But that's just me, what do I know.
purple8gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:32 AM   #7
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

My lord, why doesn't the media just give it a rest? Please, leave MJ out of this. And if Kobe was that level player, I guess he really didn't want to win up 3-1 vs the suns, where he literally disappeared late in games. I guess a player who mastered the game and knows when to take over just decided to quit in game 6 of the finals last year. Kobe's a great talent, but the media and fans like Borz need to STOP. And I know this came from a scout, but it's like they all buy into the hype and reputation and go with the status quo, just like his defensive awards. Great talent, but let's stop the cookie cutter, default response because it's just not applicable anymore.

And I'd like to know which specific scouts made these comments, but of course they will keep it anonymous.

I find it hysterical that when Borz finds quotes like this, he uses it to validate his views, but then when the same is said of Wade or Bron, and the media flip flops every week, and they say Lebron or Wade is the best in the league, suddenly they are wrong. Everybody gives typical responses to these questions.

Thoughts on Kobe: "Best player in the league, lethal scorer, clutch player, dangerous"
Thoughts on Lebron: "Best player in the game, great overall talent, tremendous athlete"

Same crap blah blah you don't get honest answers.

On the topic of MVP, this was said last year, but Kobe fans didn't have a problem *wonder why*. It was Kobe's MVP to lose, and Lebron didn't get enough wins, and Paul lost that key game to LA, so it was Kobe's. But did I see threads b!tching about that? Nooooo.

Last edited by Showtime : 03-08-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:35 AM   #8
AJ2k8
Banned

love it how you didn't highlight the when he wants to be after best defender
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:39 AM   #9
Laker4Lyfe
R.I.P Bootsie

WHY???
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:40 AM   #10
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOverrated
Man this race will go down to the wire, and It will come down to wins in my opinion. If Lakers have a

Lakers: 50-12
Cavs: 49-13
Head-to-Head:Lakers 2, Cavs 0

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...ime-090307-08#

Gasol is leading the team in win shares.
Duncan21formvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:41 AM   #11
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

I could've sworn that Kobe stans didn't care about MVP awards.

Every year he doesn't win it, they shrug it off saying....

"it doesn't matter, those awards are useless, they don't mean anything."

Or if somebody else wins the all star game MVP... "its just the all star game."

Of if Bron is the youngest to "______" they say, "Its only because he started at a younger age."

I like Kobe alot, but I hate you pieces of shyt.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:53 AM   #12
DuMa
Canned

BirdOverrated = Kb42pah.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:54 AM   #13
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
BirdOverrated = Kb42pah.

Everyone knows that.
Duncan21formvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:57 AM   #14
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I could've sworn that Kobe stans didn't care about MVP awards.

Every year he doesn't win it, they shrug it off saying....

"it doesn't matter, those awards are useless, they don't mean anything."

Or if somebody else wins the all star game MVP... "its just the all star game."

Of if Bron is the youngest to "______" they say, "Its only because he started at a younger age."

I like Kobe alot, but I hate you pieces of shyt.

Really?
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:10 AM   #15
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Really?

You've obviously missed many of my posts where I praise him.

I just think his stans and media overrate him tremendously.

Like I've said before....

Many of his STANS were saying he was better than MJ when he was in his 3rd year, some even during his rookie season.

I wish I was making that up, but I'm not.

I like him because he reminds me of MJ in many different aspects.

But I also think that on any given night, any of the top 5 players can be better than the other. And we see that all the time, Kobe dominates for one week, then Wade dominates for a week, Bron scores 50 one night, Kobe scores 60 the next, and so on and so on.

But since I don't swallow his semen, and dare criticize him I'm often labeled a hater.

Oh well.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: