Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 02:40 AM   #16
Gingereffic
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple8gold
If it's close, they will give to James. If Kobe gets it, it will be like last year when everyone thinks Paul should've been the MVP, which I disagree with. I really think the people who undermine Kobe don't really watch enough of his game. But that's just me, what do I know.

Kobe is a great player but in all reality Lebron has less of a team. I mean Mo is a streak shooter who can get hot and get cold. But he has never been a player who was the best or second best player on a team who got to the playoffs. Gasol a much better player than anyone on the Cavs and even Odom would be the second best player on the cavs.. Plus the Lakers probably have the best bench in the league. I love my boy Wade but even I think Lebron is walking away witha that award.. Saying that he lost vs the lakers is like saying Pierce should have gotten the regular season mvp because his team blew out the lakers two times with bynum in... Both times the Cavs lost they were missing their starting two guard... Kobe just scores and sometimes passes but really never defends unless he has to ..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:06 AM   #17
PleezeBelieve
Thunder it DOWN, Dion!
 
PleezeBelieve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,179
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Hold up, n*ggas still arguing about how LeBron won't get the MVP award???



I'm about to drop a verse for this nonsense....
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:43 AM   #18
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,728
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOverrated
Man this race will go down to the wire, and It will come down to wins in my opinion. If Lakers have a

Lakers: 50-12
Cavs: 49-13
Head-to-Head:Lakers 2, Cavs 0



Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...ime-090307-08#


your username paints you as someone void of impartial judgment.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:44 AM   #19
monkeypox
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,483
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

I'm pretty sure this board has the highest number of male genitalia and fluid references of any non-gay board on the internet. Seriously, it's kind of creepy.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #20
Da_Realist
NBA lottery pick
 
Da_Realist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,542
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
A Western Conference scout on the MVP race:

"LeBron does so much for his team. And he's the most talented player in the NBA and the best athlete in the NBA. But Kobe has mastered the game just like Jordan did.

Who is this idiot scout? Does he work for the Lakers?
Da_Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #21
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado
 
East_Stone_Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: East_Side_Of_The_Rawkus
Posts: 5,158
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
Who is this idiot scout? Does he work for the Lakers?

Clippers scout probably
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 47,369
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

So this is kobe/brons award they are fighting for? What happened to Chris Paul? For a player who makes EVERYONE and thier mama better. For a player who is so special. Why does he not get more credit, attention for this particular award? You mention team record and I'll counter with a list of injuries to key players. Now what?

I'm just saying. Alot of MVP award winners have benefitted from thier teammates being healthy. Guys are automatically knocked out if teammates go down during the season for periods of time. Just a thought.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #23
quasimoto
Banned
 
quasimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,562
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

It's a shame Wade probably won't even end up in the top 3.
quasimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #24
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe
 
Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,185
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

im still surprised this is up for discussion. how can the award be anyone but lebrons?

the cavs have gone 19-4 against the west and there are 3 teams they have lost to in that conference. lakers, rockets and the new orleans hornets

they have gone 48-11 after the first 3 games of the season, and have one of the best records.

so how can lebron not be given the award?

well lets see. people won't get off kobes nutts is the only reason i can think of.

lebrons stats are better.
lebrons defense this year is better then kobes.
lebrons team is worse

if this really comes down to kobe having more wins i will personally fly to the states, go up to every reporter that got to vote, and spit in there face. it will disgust me if i don't see lebron holding that trophy up. because lets face it, he is the future of the NBA
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:48 AM   #25
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe
 
Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,185
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasimoto
It's a shame Wade probably won't even end up in the top 3.
omfg im ****ing sick of all the wade talk. no one would give lebron the trophy last season and his stats were off the charts and had to ****ing deal with injuries the whole time. wade's team is on pace to win 45-37 just like lebron's, and just like lebron he should finish 4th in voting after lebron, kobe, dwight in that ****ing order.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #26
Mdog1
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,977
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

LOL is this scout the same guy that thought Bargnani was deserving of #1 overall. Kobe is no where near, let me repeat this slower, Kobe..... is.... nowhere...... near..... as..... good.... as..... MJ. If Kobe wins this award I suppose that would make it on the same level of tragedy of Nash winning two, AI only winning one, and Kobe only winning his first last year.

Any way lets go over the list

Better player-James
Better record-Kobe
Better team-Kobe
Better numbers-James
Better D-James
Better passing-James
Rebounding-James
mid range shooter-Kobe
3 shooter-James
Better FT shooter-Kobe
thief-James
blocker-James
ball handler-equal
getting to basket-James
finisher-James
clutch-James
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #27
Mathius
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 5,707
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So this is kobe/brons award they are fighting for? What happened to Chris Paul? For a player who makes EVERYONE and thier mama better. For a player who is so special. Why does he not get more credit, attention for this particular award? You mention team record and I'll counter with a list of injuries to key players. Now what?

I'm just saying. Alot of MVP award winners have benefitted from thier teammates being healthy. Guys are automatically knocked out if teammates go down during the season for periods of time. Just a thought.

The whole award is getting to be a joke. When you start bringing records into it, trying to insinuate that one player is going to give a team 50 wins, and now this idiot is trying to imply that Kobe keeps the award from last year and Lebron has to take it from him like it's some stupid WWE championship belt...

Asinine.

Pretty soon all the NBA Awards are going to be complete jokes. CotY already is. Sixth man award is. Does anyone really care who the MiP is?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #28
amfirst
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,192
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Kobe is the type of player that has been around for a long time and only play serious when he needs to. He is the best defender when it comes to playin LeBron and Wade. He doesn't care for too much about d-ing anyone else because he knows he can outscore them, he is still the best when he wants to be. Kobe plays to win most of the time, u can tell because he shoots half court shots even if he knows he will miss it, all the time. Most of the time, I see LeBron and Wade hold the ball because they care more about padding their shooting percentage, thus stats.

Last edited by amfirst : 03-08-2009 at 12:06 PM.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #29
Mdog1
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,977
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfirst
Kobe is the type of player that has been around for a long time and only play serious when he needs to. He is the best defender when it comes to playin LeBron and Wade. He doesn't care for too much about d-ing anyone else because he knows he can outscore them, he is still the best when he wants to be. Kobe plays to win most of the time, u can tell because he shoots half court shots even if he knows he will miss it, all the time. Most of the time, I see LeBron and Wade hold the ball because they care more about padding their shooting percentage, thus stats.
Actually James and Wade hold the ball to make plays for team mates. Kobe just doesn't have that skill. Kobe shoots half court shots because he is a terrible decision maker. He has some of the worst shot selections in the league.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #30
gpfanz
National High School Star
 
gpfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,191
Default Re: "LeBron has to strip Kobe of the MVP trophy, and he has not done that yet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfirst
Kobe is the type of player that has been around for a long time and only play serious when he needs to... He doesn't care for too much about d-ing anyone else because he knows he can outscore them...

U trying to compliment Kobe?
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy