Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #1
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Default Kobe and Lebron don't show up in the finals and can't handle pressure.....

I don't care if you average 100 points and 50 rpg and 50 apg in the season. If you don't show up in the finals then you aren't the best and not a big time performer.

Both guys ended up with 2 of the worst finals ever.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ma nces-Worst

Quote:
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers, 2004
Lakers vs. Pistons -- Bryant's PER 14.2
With his feud against Shaq escalating and the series getting away from the Lakers, Bryant began taking whatever shot struck him. Mostly, they struck the rim -- he shot 38.1 percent and had nearly as many turnovers (18) as assists (22) as Detroit romped in five games.

LeBron James, Cleveland, 2007
Cavs vs. Spurs -- James' PER 14.3
The King's first Finals visit wasn't a memorable one. Bruce Bowen hounded him into 35.6 percent shooting, and James committed 5.8 turnovers per game as San Antonio swept the Cavs in four. It didn't help that he couldn't get a whistle as he tried to draw a foul on a last-second 3-point try at the end of Game 3.

I don't believe in hype, I believe in actual results. Show me you are the best and show up in the finals. Don't shoot under 40% and get outplayed by the other teams guards like Billups, Iverson, Reggie Miller and Pierce and Allen did against Kobe and how Parker did to Lebron.

Kobe and Lebron are just not big time performers. You are only a big time performer once you do it in the finals and win finals mvp.
Duncan21formvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:08 AM   #2
BirdOverrated

Default Re: Kobe and Lebron don't show up in the finals and can't handle pressure.....

2001 Playoffs, in 16 NBA games:

Kobe Bryant had more Win Shares than Shaq.

3.9 to 3.8.

Kobe dominates in the playoffs. The 2004 Pistons were the one time the most notable time that he did poorly- but that was against the best defense in NBA History.

2004 Pistons:

6 all-stars
4 DPOY
Handchecking+Zone Defense
Larry Brown
Old 03-08-2009, 02:10 AM   #3
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Default Re: Kobe and Lebron don't show up in the finals and can't handle pressure.....

He doesn't have a finals mvp and doesn't show up in the finals.

Got outplayed by every guard he has ever played in the finals.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:10 AM   #4
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
I don't care if you average 100 points and 50 rpg and 50 apg in the season. If you don't show up in the finals then you aren't the best and not a big time performer.

I don't believe in hype, I believe in actual results. Show me you are the best and show up in the finals. Don't shoot under 40% and get outplayed by the other teams guards like Billups, Iverson, Reggie Miller and Pierce and Allen did against Kobe and how Parker did to Lebron.

Kobe and Lebron are just not big time performers. You are only a big time performer once you do it in the finals and win finals mvp.

Of course you pick Kobe's worst Finals performance, try another year troll. Oh and your boy Duncan has only won 3 as far as I am concerned, that strike shortened year was a joke, just like you
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:11 AM   #5
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOverrated
2001 Playoffs, in 16 NBA games:

Kobe Bryant had more Win Shares than Shaq.

3.9 to 3.8.

Kobe dominates in the playoffs. The 2004 Pistons were the one time the most notable time that he did poorly- but that was against the best defense in NBA History.

2004 Pistons:

6 all-stars
4 DPOY
Handchecking+Zone Defense
Larry Brown

Pistons didn't have 1 allstar.

Lakers had 4 hall of famers and Kobe didn't show up as he was given open shots the whole series.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:12 AM   #6
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
Of course you pick Kobe's worst Finals performance, try another year troll. Oh and your boy Duncan has only won 3 as far as I am concerned, that strike shortened year was a joke, just like you

He got 3 finals mvp's so that means he shows up.

As far as I'm concerned Kobe has 0 rings since he has 0 finals mvp's.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:13 AM   #7
BirdOverrated

Kobe's Roles for his team:

-Primary Scorer
-Primary Defender
-Primary go to player in 4th
-Primary playmaker

Duncan's Roles for team:

-Not a primary scorer (very well-balanced scoring)
-Bowen is the primary defender (Duncan anchors the paint, but Bowen denies penetration, guards best players on other team)
-Manu and Parker are the go to guys in the 4th (Duncan also has his moments, but he is not self-sufficient)
-Parker is the primary playmaker

80+ point games: Kobe 1, Duncan 0
70+ point games Kobe 1, Duncan 0
60+ point games: Kobe 4, Duncan 0
50+ point games: Kobe 24, Duncan 0
40+ point games: Kobe 100, Duncan 9

1999: Spurs beat Lakers 4-0
2001: Lakers beat Spurs 4-0
2002: Lakers beat Spurs 4-1
2003: Spurs beat Lakers 4-2
2004: Lakers beat Spurs 4-2
2008: Lakers beat Spurs 4-1

Head-to-Head Playoff series wins:
Kobe: 4
Duncan: 2

2008 Playoffs, Lakers 4, Spurs 1

Kobe (guard) 53% FG
Duncan (Bigman) 43% FG

Still hurts I see.

Duncan exposed overrated can't win without Manu and Tony.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:13 AM   #8
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

Quote:
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:15 AM   #9
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOverrated
Kobe's Roles for his team:

-Primary Scorer
-Primary Defender
-Primary go to player in 4th
-Primary playmaker

Duncan's Roles for team:

-Not a primary scorer (very well-balanced scoring)
-Bowen is the primary defender (Duncan anchors the paint, but Bowen denies penetration, guards best players on other team)
-Manu and Parker are the go to guys in the 4th (Duncan also has his moments, but he is not self-sufficient)
-Parker is the primary playmaker

80+ point games: Kobe 1, Duncan 0
70+ point games Kobe 1, Duncan 0
60+ point games: Kobe 4, Duncan 0
50+ point games: Kobe 24, Duncan 0
40+ point games: Kobe 100, Duncan 9

1999: Spurs beat Lakers 4-0
2001: Lakers beat Spurs 4-0
2002: Lakers beat Spurs 4-1
2003: Spurs beat Lakers 4-2
2004: Lakers beat Spurs 4-2
2008: Lakers beat Spurs 4-1

Head-to-Head Playoff series wins:
Kobe: 4
Duncan: 2

2008 Playoffs, Lakers 4, Spurs 1

Kobe 53% FG
Duncan 43% FG

Duncan exposed overrated can't win without Manu and Tony.

Duncan 3 finals MVP's, Kobe 0.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/score...2/97132380.htm

Quote:
The Lakers had a chance to win it in regulation, but Kobe Bryant, who finished
with 11 points, shot an air ball at the buzzer.

Bryant would miss three more shots, including two air balls, in the overtime.

That is what happens when Kobe plays against White guys. He shoots airballs and gets locked down in his prime.

Billups = 54% and Kobe 38%
Old 03-08-2009, 02:17 AM   #10
Local High School Star

Quote:
He got 3 finals mvp's so that means he shows up.

As far as I'm concerned Kobe has 0 rings since he has 0 finals mvp's.

So only the Finals MVP wins the championship in your mind? Are you 12 years old or just retarded?
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:18 AM   #11
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Quote:
So only the Finals MVP wins the championship in your mind? Are you 12 years old are just retarded?

I think just like your folks. However you wanna take that then be my guest.

Finals MVP is the only thing that matters.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:19 AM   #12
juju151111
NBA All-star

Quote:
So only the Finals MVP wins the championship in your mind? Are you 12 years old or just retarded?
hmm Duncan doesn't choke in the finals tho. Also the thread is about kb finals performance not playoffs.
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:28 AM   #13
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Dude, Kobe's made a living out of taking over the Spurs in the 4th quarters, but of course the Spurs have more rings. Who cares? It's more like a what have you done for me recently kinda thing.

So let me get this straight, the Spurs defeat the Knicks, Nets, Pistons, and Cavs and suddenly Duncan is dominant in the Finals? Name me the great PFs on those teams Ok maybe the Pistons Ben Wallace, but as far as I'm concerned, Horry was the MVP of that Finals strictly for that 1 shot. Having undersized LJ and KMart, and great Anderson Verajew entitles you to verbally attack Kobe. The last 2 finals Kobe has been in has been versus GREAT defenses, not just very good but GREAT. As far as I'm concerned, the only great defensive team the Spurs have played in the Finals has been the Pistons. And from what I remember, Lakers 4 Spurs 1. So let it go.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:29 AM   #14
ImmortalD24
Banned

Quote:
That is what happens when Kobe plays against White guys. He shoots airballs and gets locked down in his prime.

Since when are players in their primes at 19? Kobe wasn't even a starter that series or even that year: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...805160UTA.html

Yet you continue to post this throughout this message board.
ImmortalD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:33 AM   #15
Gingereffic

Quote:

That is why Wade is the best...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: