Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #91
Terp in LA
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Jerryd Bayles: "**** Sebastian Telfair"

Now that I think about it, maybe Telfair said something about Bayless' fivehead.
Terp in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #92
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
That just goes to show you how relevant Jerryd Bayless is. He's a third string point guard while Telfair is starting for the T'wolves. I feel he's trying to start beef to get some recognition. But why go at Telfair of all players?

Hmmm... not the assumption I was going with. I'm guessing that Bayless actually has something against Telfair rather than using Telfair to make a name for himself.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #93
Biddy77
Keyless' gimmick acct

Quote:
That just goes to show you how relevant Jerryd Bayless is. He's a third string point guard while Telfair is starting for the T'wolves. I feel he's trying to start beef to get some recognition. But why go at Telfair of all players?

that only happens in hip hop (canibus, i'm lookin' at YOU), or with deshawn stevenson.

bayless would rather dunk on someone to get recognition.
Biddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #94
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddy77
since he's been here, bayless' response about playing time has been "i just have to keep working"--and where a LOT of players speak to that kind of thing and don't really mean it, bayless has actually shown in his play that he's been listening to our coaching staff.

when bayless got here, one of the big knocks that came up during summer league was the way he worked pick-and-rolls on the offensive end. he would consistently explode around the screen, looking to get to the rim the whole way. he wasn't making any kind of read on the defense, wasn't seeing the play unfold, didn't have eyes for his shooters, and couldn't deliver effective passes to his dump-down guys when opposing PFs or Cs rotated to cut him off.

our coaches put the challenge to him to improve in that area and read defenses better, and the difference from then to now is HUGE. now when bayless goes over a screen, he usually makes a quick hesitation, checks to see the defensive rotation, tracks his screener, and sees his shooters for kick-outs. his general floor awareness on those plays is night and day from where it was in the summer league, and while he's still got work to do on his pass delivery, he's made HUGE strides.

guys who have attitude problems generally *don't do that*. they generally work on individual improvements (shot mechanics, etc--stat fillers), and try to 'get theirs' when they get in games. they complain and complain, and generally try to wait the situation out, and look like a stud in the process.

i'm very stoked to have bayless here, even though he does still have so much room to improve as a pg. as a combo/sg (playing with another pg or splitting handling duties with a sg), he's already pretty useful--very explosive.

if he keeps improving as he has been, we'll see very good things from him in the future. thank god for the fact that he's taking ownership of his performance, and working hard to EARN his PT. that's what guys with the right attitude do.
Players always try to backtrack their statements after being scrutinized by the media to make themselves seem more humble. Several sports media outlets reported that he was disappointed in his lack of PT and wanted to be traded.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #95
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Players always try to backtrack their statements after being scrutinized by the media to make themselves seem more humble. Several sports media outlets reported that he was disappointed in his lack of PT and wanted to be traded.

When he directly addresses the media, he has never said anything that implied he wanted out. I'll take the direct quotes over some articles (that can't seem to be found) where the trade demand is hearsay. Btw, you aren't confusing this with Sergio Rodriguez's trade demand are you? I'm not accusing, I'm just asking. And yes, Bayless has told the media in interviews that he is disappointed in PT, but he says he needs to get better to earn his spot and has never said anything about being disappointed in the coach's decision.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: