Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 04-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default 20 wins and 7 games left

Ok, so we finally hit 20 wins after beating the Knicks. But, is that something to be proud of? For most teams, no, but for us it is pretty big since most of us didn't expect much after the Gasol trade.

I think if we can beat our record from last season then that shows improvement, even if it is only one win, or even if we tie with last season's record. Why? Because we would have gathered some of those wins with out Gasol, who was without a doubt our best player. It would have shown great improvement on everyone's part as they would not have had to rely on a 20/10 guy. Personally I think we could hit the 23 mark.

The remaining schedule consists of;

vs Golden State
@ Minny
vs Phoenix
@ Miami
vs Minny
@ Portland
@ Denver

I think we could get a win over Miami and one win over Minny. The other win I think might come over either Phoenix or Portland.

Obviously I hope I am right, but I always have my doubts with this team. We don't have nay ideas about what Ivaroni wants to do. He may want to get those few extra wins, or he may want to give some of the guys who don't usually get much PT more PT.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Default Re: 20 wins and 7 games left

Miami should be a win. Minnesotta, I don't know. Al Jefferson will destroy the Grizzlies' big men.
I think Denver could be a win. It will depend if they are still in the fight for a playoff spot or not.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

We face Minny twice and I think we should be able to get atleast one win over them. The bad thing is, like you said, Al Jeff will kill us. Hakim hasn't played well at all against the Wolves this past season, sure it was only 2 games, but he had 7 points and 6 points in those games. I think if he can step up a bit, he could be the key to victory over the Wolves.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

So we have won seven games since the pau trade? How many losses? Does anyone know? I think like 28 or 27 games. So we went like 7-21. Wow thats awesome;) . Most of those games were at home also. Heres to a great draft.

Last edited by jailer : 04-03-2008 at 01:55 PM.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
So we have won seven games since the pau trade? How many losses? Does anyone know? I think like 28 or 27 games. So we went like 7-21. Wow thats awesome;) . Most of those games were at home also. Heres to a great draft.
Did you think we were even going to get 7 wins after the Pau trade? I certainly didn't. I had high expectations at the beginning of the season but what I have seen is atrocious, but I still think we could match last season's record or even beat it, no way we come up short of 22.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #6
jailer
MillionDollarException

I had some little hope. Of us maybe getting like 25 wins. It just hurts to see us back in the dog house.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: