Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What was it like here when Kobe scored 81?

Damn, some of the new posters are clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Well that or Fisher .4.

Funny thing is we had like 20 Duncan topics after his shot...then like 100 on Fisher in response.

The back to back "WTF"ness of it....it was every topic for like 3 pages even with other big things going on.
    i know i was not online when 81 happened.. but seeing this post i can vaguely remember being on ISH when 0.4 happened..

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Well that or Fisher .4.

Funny thing is we had like 20 Duncan topics after his shot...then like 100 on Fisher in response.

The back to back "WTF"ness of it....it was every topic for like 3 pages even with other big things going on.

I think the .4 shot was the greatest thing that ever happened here.

The 62 in 3 while outscoring Dallas and the 81 were both pretty crazy... the 81 more so of course. The story basically took over the first 2 or 3 pages and the servers were overloaded for much of that night and still heavily taxed during the prime posting hours of the next day.

Obviously the fans were out in full force after 81, and were posting everywhere. People were beside themselves and while most had positive things to say, there were certainly a decent number of people who felt the need to point out assist numbers, number of shots, chucking, etc... There were a good number of threads criticizing Bryant and calling him selfish, a stat whore who kept shooting even when the game was in hand, etc... It was basically what we usually see after a good game by Bryant, but magnified to a ridiculous extent on both sides.

It's important to note that a few of the "haters" took an extended leave of absence around that time. Lol, there were some people who did not post, posted very infrequently, or avoided all Kobe topics for about 2 weeks. Likewise, every "Laker" fan came out of the wood work. People who hadn't been active started posting again and the site got quite a few new registrations. If I recall, a sticky was created and hit the max number of posts after a few days... yet the first and most of the second page were still getting major views. There were threads on the second page that had been posted in as little as 30 minutes prior. It was pandemonium for a week.

Everytime I think about that game, I think... "This dude Kobe waited 6 years to get back at Jalen Rose for that sprained ankle in 2000."

Stern's lap dog

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    The 62 in 3 while outscoring Dallas and the 81 were both pretty crazy... the 81 more so of course. The story basically took over the first 2 or 3 pages and the servers were overloaded for much of that night and still heavily taxed during the prime posting hours of the next day.

Obviously the fans were out in full force after 81, and were posting everywhere. People were beside themselves and while most had positive things to say, there were certainly a decent number of people who felt the need to point out assist numbers, number of shots, chucking, etc... There were a good number of threads criticizing Bryant and calling him selfish, a stat whore who kept shooting even when the game was in hand, etc... It was basically what we usually see after a good game by Bryant, but magnified to a ridiculous extent on both sides.

It's important to note that a few of the "haters" took an extended leave of absence around that time. Lol, there were some people who did not post, posted very infrequently, or avoided all Kobe topics for about 2 weeks. Likewise, every "Laker" fan came out of the wood work. People who hadn't been active started posting again and the site got quite a few new registrations. If I recall, a sticky was created and hit the max number of posts after a few days... yet the first and most of the second page were still getting major views. There were threads on the second page that had been posted in as little as 30 minutes prior. It was pandemonium for a week.

Everytime I think about that game, I think... "This dude Kobe waited 6 years to get back at Jalen Rose for that sprained ankle in 2000."
    Haha thanks for that summary. Sounds like it was good times

Actually finals 2011 would have been good times too.. too bad I wasn't here then. Can't imagine all the jokes and threads, it would be a great time

How many people were here back then? Imagine if he scored 81 today..ISH would be unusable for 3 months.

GOAT Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Actually finals 2011 would have been good times too.. too bad I wasn't here then. Can't imagine all the jokes and threads, it would be a great time
    2011 playoffs were fun times on ish. Still remember Dirk crashing ish after game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stern
    2011 playoffs were fun times on ish. Still remember Dirk crashing ish after game 2
    It was the golden time of LeBron jokes

Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Wth no way to pull up screenshots or links to ISH links from that date????

College star

The day when Kobe established himself again as the most overrated player of all time.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    The day he jumped from top 10 to top 5, must a been crazy
    You're an intelligent poster. Smart enough to actually make meaningful contributions to this board. Does it ever get old being the troll?

I rule the local playground

Kobe's 81 vs the Raptors was like when Putin jailed Mikhail Khodorkovsky. It was unfair and unjust, but there was nothing Khodorkovsky could do about it.

I can only imagine the pandemonium. I recall how crazy it was during the 2011 Playoffs, so that day must've been just as bad/great (depends how you want to look at it).

Saw a basketball once

Site was active. Pretty much another day from what I've seen on here.