Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #31
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mamba

On the fence about keeping:
1) Chris Paul.
Reason: People tell us he could be the best point guard in the league, by 2008. So far, he has been nothing short of dissapointing. His jumper is really weak (they said it had improved at the start of summer?) He can't defend anyone to save his life. And in all, he really hasn't even been penetrating THAT well. Do you keep him for potential and chemistry purposes? Or let him go?

Disagree. Mid-Range jumper is a difference maker. Making good passes and penetrating effectively. Keep watching the WBC.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:07 PM   #32
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

I have been. That ninja hasn't been ULTRA effective or anything. I'd rather had Iverson, or Billups in his spot right now.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:08 PM   #33
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
I have been. That ninja hasn't been ULTRA effective or anything. I'd rather had Iverson.

That's a really bad idea.

Last edited by Zombles : 08-21-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:10 PM   #34
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputation

Quote:
I have been. That ninja hasn't been ULTRA effective or anything. I'd rather had Iverson, or Billups in his spot right now.

Billups I couldnt argue with but Paul will shine before it's all said and done.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:10 PM   #35
2minutedrill32
I airball my layups

2minutedrill32 has an OK reputation so far

Actually Dwyane Wade is Team USA's leading scorer...over over Carmelo with 7 less field goal attempts...

Through the 5 exhibitions and the 2 pool play games he's shooting 57%...he's not going anywhere...Wade's outside shooting will undoubtedly improve dramatically by 2008
2minutedrill32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:16 PM   #36
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Wade has a weak ass jumper. If Wade's jumper became automatic from every where... he'd be the best player in the game. Until then, he is still broke.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:17 PM   #37
The Mamba
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
That's a really bad idea.
Iverson was the best player on the 2004 Olympic team. And he wasn't like he was selfish or anything.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:31 PM   #38
2minutedrill32
I airball my layups

If he keeps shooting 57% like he has throughout, it would be scary what he could do with a jumper huh? It would be around 66% like it was against the Pistons...
Old 08-21-2006, 11:43 PM   #39
The Mamba
High School Starter

That 66% wasn't due to jumpers. It was from getting to the bucket, my ninja. Watch the games, wash your ass. He can't shoot jumpers. Fact. That is why my guy Kirk Hinrich had dude on lock in the first round. Wade was in handcuffs. Stand by the basket, and he can't do anything.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:52 PM   #40
2minutedrill32
I airball my layups

My 2008 team would look like...(too bad it would never happen)...

Paul/Arenas/Hinrich
Wade/Bryant/Carter
Anthony/Artest/McGrady
James/Garnett/Josh Smith
Howard/Stoudemire/Oden

There will obviously be developmental progression...thats why I included Josh Smith and Oden...too get it down to 12 I would probably cut...McGrady, Hinrich and Oden...assuming Stoudemire returns to at least 90% of what he used to be...

I really wanted to put Ray Allen on but Vince is just better all around and his stroke from 19'9" is probably not far off...and I want another Freddy Weis poster...
Old 08-22-2006, 12:03 AM   #41
The Mamba
High School Starter

My dream USA team would be vicious. Better than the '92 Dream Team. Or at least would give them a run for their money.

PG Kidd / Iverson
SG Bryant / Allen
SF Artest / Carter
PF McGrady / Garnett / J. Oneal
C Shaq / Duncan / Howard

Team probably wouldn't be beat. Ever.

Last edited by The Mamba : 08-22-2006 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:21 AM   #42
2minutedrill32
I airball my layups

I spot some wet J's...and he just makes it look so easy getting to the basket...unless the shot clocks running down just dunk on people...(layups & dunks are seemingly high percentage shots, you take what you can get...so he gets them)

Wade destroying the Pistons to the tune of 66% shooting from the field...lots and lots of dunks...some jumpers...and oh...even a few three's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDdlE...elated&search=

And ummm...three games Wade shot 50% or better against the Bulls in that series...3 games he struggled...Hinrich does as well or better than anyone against him...but he still shot 50% in game 5 and 58% in game 6...and went 3-4 from trey...once the Bulls became a threat...meanwhile Hinrich shot 41% for the series, with a 23% showing in the pivotal game 5...with 6 turnovers...its a lot harder to keep up your stamina on the offensive end when your expending that much energy on defense...most guys dont...seems like he wore Hinrich out...
Old 08-22-2006, 12:36 AM   #43
The Mamba
High School Starter

3 games is a good chunk of games being held down. especially for a 'superstar'. and of course he is going to wear hinrich out. hinrich isn't built to be a number one option on offense. put he put that work in on defense, and in the process had a team that should've been swept, stole 2 games from the NBA champs, with no true superstar. And yes, Wade got lucky with his 3 ball. Pistons and others were letting him shoot it, cause they know he can't hit it consistently. I mean, this is the same dude who shot 17% from 3-point land. HAHA
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: