Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #16
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sleep Deprivation And You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
I thought you get colds from viruses and bacteria?

Well I was speaking in terms of symptoms, along with my reference of heroin withdrawals. I didn't actually get a cold, or have any withdrawals, but that's how it felt.

I got a decent amount of sleep last night altogether. I slept for 5 hours and woke up, cuz I think my body was beginning to think that was the norm and it was time to get up after 5 hours, but I was able to fall back asleep for another hour and a half-ish after. A broken up 6.5 hours of sleep isn't that much, but it's better than I had gotten.

And starface, it's because I have tomorrow and Sunday off work, therefore, more free time. It's a simple concept. Tonight on the other hand, I have to work, and there's a party I'm supposed to go to after work. Now, if I'm still not really caught up on sleep yet, and I go out in a blaze of glory tonight, it only makes sense that I stay comatose for the following two days to try and revive myself as a real human being instead of a zombie.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #17
SunsN07BookIt
Decent playground baller

SunsN07BookIt has an OK reputation so far

I've worked over 100 hours a week for the last 2 months. It's easy to give up sleep for money in this economy. It's starting to work on my nerves a little though, already had one co-worker meltdown.
SunsN07BookIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #18
Atomic DOG
Banned

Atomic DOG has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
Well I was speaking in terms of symptoms, along with my reference of heroin withdrawals. I didn't actually get a cold, or have any withdrawals, but that's how it felt.

I got a decent amount of sleep last night altogether. I slept for 5 hours and woke up, cuz I think my body was beginning to think that was the norm and it was time to get up after 5 hours, but I was able to fall back asleep for another hour and a half-ish after. A broken up 6.5 hours of sleep isn't that much, but it's better than I had gotten.

And starface, it's because I have tomorrow and Sunday off work, therefore, more free time. It's a simple concept. Tonight on the other hand, I have to work, and there's a party I'm supposed to go to after work. Now, if I'm still not really caught up on sleep yet, and I go out in a blaze of glory tonight, it only makes sense that I stay comatose for the following two days to try and revive myself as a real human being instead of a zombie.

Yeah but last week you started a thread called "Why are you posting here on a Friday night?" and catalogued all your reasons for doing so. You seem to be afraid of someone seeing you post on the weekend without them knowing exactly what your situation is and why you aren't out doing something. You post these threads at least twice a month. It just reeks of.....lameness.
Atomic DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #19
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic DOG
Yeah but last week you started a thread called "Why are you posting here on a Friday night?" and catalogued all your reasons for doing so. You seem to be afraid of someone seeing you post on the weekend without them knowing exactly what your situation is and why you aren't out doing something. You post these threads at least twice a month. It just reeks of.....lameness.

This is a thread dedicated to my bad judgment, drunken debauchery, and workin too much. And last Friday I recall posting stating that I was going to stay in and relax for the night after I got outta work. Then, less than a few hours later I was blackout drunk, balls deep in some skank as her phone is ringing off the hook with her boyfriend calling. Terrible ****ing judgment, copious amounts of liquor and relatively minimal amounts of drugs, slaying a white girl who's last name I don't even know, or have any type of emotional connection with or desire to even hang out with if sex is excluded, and working the next day, waking up with 3 hours of sleep and a ****load of regret. I would have much rather stayed in and relaxed and slept last Friday, because that day was the catalyst of the **** blizzard of a week it's been.

And, because I have plans to go out tonight, I'll probably end up coming home after work and not doing ****. When I say I'm gonna go out or have options/plans/etc, I end up losing the motivation and don't wanna do anything. And when I say I'm gonna stay in, I end up going out. I don't know why, but it happens all the damn time. So you might see me posting on a Friday night, I hope you're nearby to analyze whatever post it may be and proclaim my "lameness"
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #20
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

slept 10 hours between last night and today. feel great. my ankle injury is healing well and i'm looking thinner and healthier when i look in the mirror. Off to the gym now to work out the abs, pecs, arms, and back since i can't do much cardio right now. Don't have anything planned for this weekend, I really don't get into the celebrating mood any more, so I've got some more sleep planned.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #21
AtticusPigeon11
High School JV MVP

AtticusPigeon11 is considered somewhat coolAtticusPigeon11 is considered somewhat cool

For a short stretch of time (2 weekz) getting 3.5-4 hours daily gets you feelin GREAT. Not so sure about Jay G's situation tho.

Anyone familiar with polyphasic sleep? They say DaVinci indulged in that. Something along the lines of a half hour nap every 3-4 hours. If we can haev a lil experiment going on, that would be nice.
AtticusPigeon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #22
CasterL
Feeling supersonic

CasterL is a pretty well-respected posterCasterL is a pretty well-respected posterCasterL is a pretty well-respected posterCasterL is a pretty well-respected poster

i didnt go to bed last night, considering im a slob atm and got up at 4 pm yesterday im trying to tire myself out. about to smash the 24 hour mark shortly

this is a very interesting read about sleep i found some time ago. mechanics and science of it, and how to achieve a perfect sleep, small download

http://rapidshare.com/files/89944073...ng_Secrets.pdf
CasterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #23
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusPigeon11
For a short stretch of time (2 weekz) getting 3.5-4 hours daily gets you feelin GREAT. Not so sure about Jay G's situation tho.

Anyone familiar with polyphasic sleep? They say DaVinci indulged in that. Something along the lines of a half hour nap every 3-4 hours. If we can haev a lil experiment going on, that would be nice.

Last year I was on a long flight and the guy next to me kept droning on and on about how great polyphasic sleep was and how he had been doing it for a year. Funny thing is listening to him put me to sleep.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #24
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've had some crucial insomnia the past couple days. It's been taking me a while to fall asleep even though I'm tired as ****. I can't get my 8 hours that I need.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #25
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i heard about this radio dj from like the 50's or 60's that went over a week w/o sleep for some fundraiser or publicity stunt. the dude went nuts and died not long after that. i think he had a mental breakdown, got divorced, then just croaked.

i don't get a whole lot of good sleep but i wouldn't last going one day w/o any.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #26
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i heard about this radio dj from like the 50's or 60's that went over a week w/o sleep for some fundraiser or publicity stunt. the dude went nuts and died not long after that. i think he had a mental breakdown, got divorced, then just croaked.

i don't get a whole lot of good sleep but i wouldn't last going one day w/o any.

i got curious so i looked it up..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_G...(record_holder)

a 17 year old kid did it, 264 hours (11 days). longest i've gone without sleep is around 30-35 hours, and i played ball all day before i actually slept..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: