Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default When Mirotic and McDermott reach their primes.

When these two reach their primes, how should the Bulls use them? I think McDermott should start at the 3 eventually and Mirotic should be the 6th man even though he'll definitely be a starter. But the Bulls can use him like the Spurs have used Ginobili.

Eventual lineup:

C: Noah
    PF: Taj
    SF: McDermott
    SG: Butler
    PG: Rose

6th man: Mirotic

Default Re: When Mirotic and McDermott reach their primes.

I think I'd much rather have Nikola starting the 4 than Taj in the future. I love what Taj brings on defense, but having him and Noah at the 4 and 5 is a major offensive liability in my opinion. Ideally I'd like to see Taj gone before the trade deadline ends. I think the Bulls can pull in some much needed pieces with a trade involving Dunleavy and Taj.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Their primes? So in 3-4 years?

Too early to tell for me. Can Mirotic really hold his own inside? Does he have heart or God forbid he'll be the next Tyrus Thomas.
    Can these guys minimize turnovers and lapses in rotations?

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Can these guys minimize turnovers and lapses in rotations?
    Yes. New country, new team, new league, new coach, etc. He has a beautiful shot and an abundance of skill, it'll come together for him when he gets used to the timing of the NBA.

Mirotic is the truth. Mentioning him with Tyrus Thomas makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Yes. New country, new team, new league, new coach, etc. He has a beautiful shot and an abundance of skill, it'll come together for him when he gets used to the timing of the NBA.

Mirotic is the truth. Mentioning him with Tyrus Thomas makes no sense at all.
    For the sake of the Bulls, I sure hope you are right.
    No one really knows, Thomas looked great in the NCAA.
    Im sure guys like Darko Millicic also looked so good that the Pistons drafted him ahead of Carmelo. Having an abundance of skill is one thing but if you can't correct on your weaknesses then you will not reach your full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    For the sake of the Bulls, I sure hope you are right.
    No one really knows, Thomas looked great in the NCAA.
    Im sure guys like Darko Millicic also looked so good that the Pistons drafted him ahead of Carmelo. Having an abundance of skill is one thing but if you can't correct on your weaknesses then you will not reach your full potential.
    Give it time, old friend. Have faith, this guy is going to be nasty being molded under Tom Thibodeau. Second preseason game he couldn't get in a rhythm because of fouls and reluctance to shoot because he clearly doesn't want to step on toes considering he's the rook. But according to reports, he's already been scolded by Thibs for passing up open looks. There's just a certain toughness about him that I love. Given time and familiarity, he's going to be a serious threat. And what a stroke of luck having Pau Gasol around to mentor him.