Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 12-13-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default Grizz close to signing Miles

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

What do guys think? Could this help us or punish us?
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Default Re: Grizz close to signing Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

What do guys think? Could this help us or punish us?
He's a good fit and could get some good minutes behind Gay and maybe even play some at the 4.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think we will regret this signing.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
martinas23
Serious playground baller

Miles in Grizz jersey, he might wear #23 because that's available.
martinas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think we will regret this signing.
It's a low risk high reward signing. His contract is non guaranteed so if he starts to act up, we can just waive him. He's still young and has potential. I realize he won't be the player he once was but he can contribute in other ways.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:05 AM   #6
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
It's a low risk high reward signing. His contract is non guaranteed so if he starts to act up, we can just waive him. He's still young and has potential. I realize he won't be the player he once was but he can contribute in other ways.

I know, it was just a feeling. I only hope he is not the kind of guy he was. Do not really care about the kind of player.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:36 AM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Well, Portland may want to think about a trade, because if Miles plays 10 or more games this season they get 18 mil back on the cap. If that's the route that Wallace was going, then I seriously have to take my hat off to him.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:44 AM   #8
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Well, Portland may want to think about a trade, because if Miles plays 10 or more games this season they get 18 mil back on the cap. If that's the route that Wallace was going, then I seriously have to take my hat off to him.

take your hat off, are you serious? If the only intention of Wallace is to rip off the Blazers, I'll not root for this team anymore. This is a ****ing joke. If Wallace is unable to make a good deal with Portland it is his own fault. If he is using this kind of low blows to make his job, he would obviously be the worst GM in the league, and for me he would be just a ****ing retard.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Quote:
take your hat off, are you serious? If the only intention of Wallace is to rip off the Blazers, I'll not root for this team anymore. This is a ****ing joke. If Wallace is unable to make a good deal with Portland it is his own fault. If he is using this kind of low blows to make his job, he would obviously be the worst GM in the league, and for me he would be just a ****ing retard.
Retarded for trying to give our team a chance at being contenders in the future? The Blazers are already stock piled with young talent and are one of the best teams in the west. The Blazers are one or two pieces away from being a powerhouse. This signing puts Miles back on the books. They still have money to sign a quality player, but with Miles back in the equation, it lessens the possibility of signing one of the big free agents in 2010. I don't think the big FA's will sign for what they have to offer when they can get more somewhere else and still have the chance to compete for the championship. This is a business. You got to know how to play the game.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #10
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
Retarded for trying to give our team a chance at being contenders in the future? The Blazers are already stock piled with young talent and are one of the best teams in the west. The Blazers are one or two pieces away from being a powerhouse. This signing puts Miles back on the books. They still have money to sign a quality player, but with Miles back in the equation, it lessens the possibility of signing one of the big free agents in 2010. I don't think the big FA's will sign for what they have to offer when they can get more somewhere else and still have the chance to compete for the championship. This is a business. You got to know how to play the game.

I don't care about the Blazers. I do care about a GM that that is unable to make a trade with a team, then signs a player with the only intention to punish that team for that. This is not bussiness, this is stupidity. I he was really trying to do it, he could have done that much before, not right after his fiasco. With a GM that works like this I seriously doubt we are going to have a chance to be contenders in the future.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #11
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
These kind of moves are what make business men, business men. You won't get anywhere being a soft guy who lets things take their course, which was exactly what Wallace was doing. He's shown balls doing this move, if ofcourse it was to try and screw the Blazers over, otherwise this would have been a pretty poor signing.

Also, this wasn't just to screw them over or 'get back at them', it was to try and get a trade going, which I think might happen now.

Ofcourse, this is just my opinion on what think is/should be happening. Who knows what Wallace is really thinking.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #12
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
These kind of moves are what make business men, business men. You won't get anywhere being a soft guy who lets things take their course, which was exactly what Wallace was doing. He's shown balls doing this move, if ofcourse it was to try and screw the Blazers over, otherwise this would have been a pretty poor signing.

Also, this wasn't just to screw them over or 'get back at them', it was to try and get a trade going, which I think might happen now.

Ofcourse, this is just my opinion on what think is/should be happening. Who knows what Wallace is really thinking.

Wallace's decissions are totally random. Would you let Toine go with a buyout instead of getting something in return? Wallace never looks like a bussiness man.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #13
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Wallace's decissions are totally random. Would you let Toine go with a buyout instead of getting something in return? Wallace never looks like a bussiness man.
Hell no I wouldn't. Walker could be used for cap relief later on, or used as an extra piece in a trade. That's the thing about Wallace, he will do something relatively good and then something retarded.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #14
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Hell no I wouldn't. Walker could be used for cap relief later on, or used as an extra piece in a trade. That's the thing about Wallace, he will do something relatively good and then something retarded.

that was my point. Wallace signed Miles either as a revenge to the Blazers or because he is dumb enough to think that Miles can help, not because he thinks Memphis can contend for a good spot in the future and he is trying to screw Portland. This is just a side effect. Wallace has no plan at all for Memphis.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #15
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
that was my point. Wallace signed Miles either as a revenge to the Blazers or because he is dumb enough to think that Miles can help, not because he thinks Memphis can contend for a good spot in the future and he is trying to screw Portland. This is just a side effect. Wallace has no plan at all for Memphis.
Agreed. I think Wallace should be sent packing. He has no plans and he can't run a team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: