Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #481
NugzFan
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
That makes even LESS sense... Trade away the only guy on your team that plays defense for yet another gunner? Yeah, he's an explosive scorer, but scoring has not been the problem for this team as anyone with half a mind can clearly see. I could somewhat understand from the standpoint of clearing up cap space to sign a big name FA down the line, but shipping off camby.... because of JR Smith? Really? Wow......

actually that wasnt the only reason...
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #482
NugzFan
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Tell me which "facts" i've gotten from ESPN analysts. I think that it's a universally known fact that the Nuggets don't play any D and that they won 50 games by pretty much outscoring their opponents. By "you don't follow" the nuggets, no I didn't watch all 82 nuggets games last year, but in the 10-15 Nuggets games I saw last year (plus the playoffs), I saw what you are in denial of.

we were around 10th in defense last year.

try again.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:11 PM   #483
KRAYZIE
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
he doesn't look too happy.
He has all the reasons in the world to be happy now. Sure, it sucks having to move all over again, but at least he now has a legitimate shot at winning the championship and he knows it. He really believed that he was going to win a championship here in Denver, but that never happened. The AI/Melo experiment didn't work out the way that it was to, but you know what man? It's all good. It was a blast watching the two of them on court, win or lose and we will never forget him here in Denver, though I live in Boulder.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #484
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

so, in the espn daily dime today ric bucher calls hamilton an undersized shooting guard. Am I wrong in thinking that a 6'7" sg is pretty far from undersized?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #485
matt1016
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
so, in the espn daily dime today ric bucher calls hamilton an undersized shooting guard. Am I wrong in thinking that a 6'7" sg is pretty far from undersized?

I was wondering about that myself. I assumed that he meant that Iverson didn't have enough height and Hamilton didn't have enough weight.

I guess I can recall times when Rip and Chauncey would switch defensive assignments, but I think that was more due to Rip's ability to chase smaller, quicker guards than Chauncey's ability to hold post position. In fact, hasn't Rip spent some time guarding Lebron and other small forwards in a keep-em-guessing defensive lineup?
matt1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #486
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Yeah he's guarded LeBron and Kobe, but not for more than a few series or a quarter. Just to give a different look.

Looks like Iverson's debut will be held off till Friday, because Chauncey and Cheik have not taken their physicals.

And in more telling news about Dyess not playing for the Nuggets, his physical was waived. The most injury prone player in the trade had his physical waived.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #487
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1016
. In fact, hasn't Rip spent some time guarding Lebron and other small forwards in a keep-em-guessing defensive lineup?
good point. he was used last year on guys like bron and PP to good effect. of course ric bucher is a dumbass, but still.

While it was nice having a big pg in chancy, iverson plays a different game. and we have a freakin 6'5"pg in stuckey. backcourt size wont be in issue imo.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #488
SHEED_ gangsta
I know everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
This photo is funny because I'm lookin at AI shirt and saying that is too big for you while saying to myself as well damn Dumars got big. AI needs to trade shirt for the shyt Dumars got on. Come on AI, XXXX buttonups?

SHEED_ gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #489
SHEED_ gangsta
I know everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa

lol they both look PISSED
SHEED_ gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #490
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

thats cause if you watched the video they spent like 30 seconds just trying to hold it right and the photographers were telling them what to do
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #491
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

Alright, I think it's official now that AI's debut will be held off until Friday. I'm not completely clear on it but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Billups not showing up to some gig. Bust.
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #492
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEED_ gangsta
lol they both look PISSED
AI looks pissed at the guy that asked him about practice and Joe D. looks pissed at the camera man
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:43 PM   #493
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
Interview with AI on his trade to the Pistons with NBA tv...

Link to Youtube

5, 10 years ago this interview would be different. But the true baller came out in this interview and his only goal the rest of his career was nailed in the interview - 'the gold ball'
It may not happen for AI this year , but I think before he retires he will have his ring. Whether its a backup role or 3rd option I do not care - the guy deserves it for what entertainment he has given the fans as well as the league as one of the great guards of all time.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #494
H2whoa
Detoit. Represent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila
Yea, so I'm waiting for the swingman jersey to come out, then I'm ordering that bitch.

pistons.com now has them for pre-order :)
not to sure as to when they're actually coming out though
H2whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:12 PM   #495
shaoyut
Local High School Star

i want detroit to win it all this year
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: