Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Luke Walton rant thread

I don't think it's rare for rookies to shoot bad. It's pretty obvious Ingram isn't the next Durant as he isn't just dominating as a rookie. With that said it still seems like he can be a very good player some day. It's going to take him a couple years. I think the Lakers young core is solid. Now they just need that draft pick that will come in and look like a perennial all-star. Hopefully they can suck for the rest of this season and the Lakers keep their pick. The top 3 are looking like very good players thus far. Then it will take adding solid vets around them. If they could just land a free agent that is proven at that point they have a very good future. I think with Magic and Walton it will help the FA pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I don't think it's rare for rookies to shoot bad. It's pretty obvious Ingram isn't the next Durant as he isn't just dominating as a rookie. With that said it still seems like he can be a very good player some day. It's going to take him a couple years. I think the Lakers young core is solid. Now they just need that draft pick that will come in and look like a perennial all-star. Hopefully they can suck for the rest of this season and the Lakers keep their pick. The top 3 are looking like very good players thus far. Then it will take adding solid vets around them. If they could just land a free agent that is proven at that point they have a very good future. I think with Magic and Walton it will help the FA pitches.
    He's not just shooting badly at times, but most of the time.
    from 5-9 feet, he is shooting 21%
    10-14 feet, 31%
    15-19 feet, 33%
    and 29% from beyond the 3pt line. Honestly I can't think of any other rookies shoot this bad, I mean, can you?

NBA lottery pick

And he's shooting 36.7 overall. It's bad. I'm not trying to say it's not, but he's a rookie. If it was his 2nd or 3rd year I'd be concerned. Right now it seems like he's still learning a lot and looks like he has a bunch of potential. The last 3 games he's shot really well. Maybe he's starting to figure it out.

John Ireland, play by play radio announcer said he is officially scared for this team. He said on his radio program Mason and Ireland show yesterday, that for the first time, he has major concerns for a young team that lost for more than 35 pts to the worst in the league. It has happened before at Dallas, now this, it's clearly the lack of effort and "mailing it in". Ireland was very disturbed about the lack of effort, allowing 4 straight dunks..
    Certain key pieces not named Ingram seemed to give up so easily feeling entitled, and now you can't blame Byron Scott for being too strict and over bearing. John said you would NOT FIND game tapes of transcendent players like Lebron etc mail it in like this. That the OKC management identified right away which players would not be that good in the future and so they traded Jeff Green, so maybe the Lakers need to do the same with some of them before they lose their value.
    Ireland play the sound byte of Luke, saying it's a privilege, not a right to work for the historic Lakers...
    Fisher: If there are players who doesn't want to play for the team, please let the management know so they can accommodate their wishes.
    My question was how come none of the staff at least show some emotion, yell at somebody, drop the clip board etc and let this team know this is NOT OKAY.

NBA lottery pick

Just let the team tank this season lol. They really need another top draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Just let the team tank this season lol. They really need another top draft pick.
    I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't care if they lose all their games the rest of the year, doesn't mean though that they will simply lay down but be run over.
    Compete, work hard and care. Lose by less than 10 pts.