Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Default Re: James Harden last 9 games

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Harden is too streaky to be the Top SG.

That title still belongs to Kobe, at least so far.

Kobe has been able to keep his performance relatively stable while changing up his play style. That is impressive.
    How the hell is Harden "streaky"? He's already set the franchise record for most consecutive 25+ point games (originally held by Moses Malone). Thats something Tmac, Yao, and even the great Olajuwon never did. He's been one of the most consistent players in the league... and yes, he is the best SG in the NBA. Kobe can pad his stats on a losing non playoff team though.

Harden damn good player. He's inconsistant at times but hey he's new to this as go to guy. He will continue to learn in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    How the hell is Harden "streaky"? He's already set the franchise record for most consecutive 25+ point games (originally held by Moses Malone). Thats something Tmac, Yao, and even the great Olajuwon never did. He's been one of the most consistent players in the league... and yes, he is the best SG in the NBA. Kobe can pad his stats on a losing non playoff team though.
    That's what I was thinking.

How is he inconsistent/streaky? Monta Ellis and Jennings are inconsistent and streaky. Besides that horrid four game stretch in mid-January he has been great. And in that horrible stretch he still averaged 21/6.7/6.5

Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Yes it will, that first post was stupid. You have the players that you have and you want to tank? That's not only embarrassing but it goes against the grain of the game. Period. You do that when your team is ass, not when your team is good enough to make the playoffs...and look at that, you're in the playoffs right now.

The team should push for the playoffs. You have pieces everywhere. Tanking for a draft pick that won't be as good as the draft picks already on your squad is pretty stupid and you'd end up nowhere. This is the way to go.
    Cool analysis bro. Houston was good enough to make the playoffs last year and the year before that. Now analyze how that worked out for them. Done? K. Your inability to look at the bigger picture is stupid. Once again, Houston has battled for a playoff birth for the past three seasons. They failed. Even if Houston had made the playoffs, what's the point if the team has no room to grow? No upside. Look at the talent Houston's had/has. They have no talent, no good players. Harden is the only keeper, Asik brings what a legit playoff/championship contending team needs from their center. Other than those two, Houston is mediocre. Houston has been mediocre for the past three years. Different players, same level of talent. Only difference is Harden.

I don't care if tanking goes against the spirit of the game in your eyes. What tanking means to you is irrelevant to me. I stand by opinion, Houston should have tanked since day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    Losing won't pay off. Houston isn't getting a top 5 pick bro and I'll take the playoff experience for my young guys over a late lottery pick, that will pay off down the road.
    A playoff birth as an 8th seed or even 7th won't payoff. It only pays off for players who have room for growth (potential). Sorry but I don't think guys like Beverley, Morris, Patterson have potential. They don't. This Houston team isn't anything special. Other than Asik and Harden I wouldn't be upset if any of these guys were traded.

Patterson can take his soft-ass 3 point shooting small forward trapped in an undersized power forward's body ass somewhere else. Playoff experience/winning only pays off when the team has potential. This team doesn't. Don't think tanking was a good idea?

Turn around and look at what Houston has done post McGrady-Yao era.

I rest my case.

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve franchise
    lolol

Cool analysis bro. Houston was good enough to make the playoffs last year and the year before that. Now analyze how that worked out for them. Done? K. Your inability to look at the bigger picture is stupid. Once again, Houston has battled for a playoff birth for the past three seasons. They failed. Even if Houston had made the playoffs, what's the point if the team has no room to grow? No upside. Look at the talent Houston's had/has. They have no talent, no good players. Harden is the only keeper, Asik brings what a legit playoff/championship contending team needs from their center. Other than those two, Houston is mediocre. Houston has been mediocre for the past three years. Different players, same level of talent. Only difference is Harden.

I don't care if tanking goes against the spirit of the game in your eyes. What tanking means to you is irrelevant to me. I stand by opinion, Houston should have tanked since day one.

A playoff birth as an 8th seed or even 7th won't payoff. It only pays off for players who have room for growth (potential). Sorry but I don't think guys like Beverley, Morris, Patterson have potential. They don't. This Houston team isn't anything special. Other than Asik and Harden I wouldn't be upset if any of these guys were traded.

Patterson can take his soft-ass 3 point shooting small forward trapped in an undersized power forward's body ass somewhere else. Playoff experience/winning only pays off when the team has potential. This team doesn't. Don't think tanking was a good idea?

Turn around and look at what Houston has done post McGrady-Yao era.

I rest my case.
    You can rest on your case all you want to, especially if you enjoy resting on a heap of crap, because that's all "your case" is.

First of all, how the hell do you expect the Rockets to "tank"? They already stripped their team of veteran leadership and currently employ the youngest roster in the league. Do you want them to start trotting out high schoolers now, because that's pretty much the only way they can get any younger.

Every player who freaking starts is doing so as a first year full time starter, so even your notion that "playoff berths only payoff for teams that have potential and can grow" argument is completely stupid. Hell even soft ass Patterson can grow and has potential. You basically destroyed your own "case" with that argument. When you have the youngest team in the league you have nothing but growth and potential.

And please spare me the dumb "post Yao/Tmac" argument too, because that has no relevance here either. Those teams were constructed of role players who were brought in to compliment Yao and Tmac. When they left due to injury or a bleeding vagin[COLOR="Black"]a we instantly went into a rebuilding period, but it couldn't happen over night. [/COLOR] Why the hell do you think we waived Scola who was playing on a highly affordable contract? Those teams don't have jack crap to do with this team or the current personnel stratagies and the next step in our building process is for this team to make the playoffs.

Please keep your loser's mentality to yourself.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 02-13-2013 at 10:56 AM.

To think this guy was a 3rd option 6th man last year.