Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Seasons where the best team didnt win the title

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Mavs were truly the best that year, the way they were performing (and Dirk playing out of his ***ing mind/capability including everybody else) sweeping the defending champs (Lakers/Kobe) im not sure Heat would have won even if Lebron produced up to his standards.... infact Mavs were the reason behind much of Lebrons decision making that series, they made all the superstars less efficient that playoffs (by those players standards), Durant shot 42%, 23% from 3, Kobe averaged 23 ppg... you have to give them credit...
    If Lebron doesn't shit the bed the Heat more than likely sweep and the Mavs didn't make him choke.

The Spurs were up 2-1 with Dirk...and the Mavs only won G1 by 3 points and they went 49-50 from the line, which is once in a lifetime efficiency.

Spurs won G2/3 by 13 points each.

Odds say Spurs still would have won. You definitely can't say they favored the Mavs.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 10-12-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Lol, if LeBron plays up to his standards they probably sweep
    Im not sure man, Mavs were very scary, they had epic chemistry, filled all puzzles, all players were on the same page mentally and their games were complementing eachother so beautifully on both ends of the court.... and Dirk.... oh man, i have never in my life seen something so absurdly surprising from a player.... Dirk was not even a top 20-30 player in the league that regular season or previous season (something like that).... then comes the playoffs and he is playing like he never did before, he was playing like prime Larry Bird, better than anybody, like the best player in the world, he was possessed, consistently, every single game he would close teams out in the clutch, he made Kobe, Durant & Lebron walkout in shame.... all of the sudden next season starts and Dirk is back to planet earth....

Easily one of the most impressive championship runs ive seen from a player.... i guess for every player that magical stretch happens where everything just "clicks" and that was the one for Dirks career, at the most perfect time ever...
    Last edited by pauk; 10-12-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Im not sure man, Mavs were very scary, they had epic chemistry, filled all puzzles, all players were on the same page mentally and their games were complementing eachother so beautifully on both ends of the court.... and Dirk.... oh man, i have never in my life seen something so absurd (surprising) from a player.... Dirk was not even a top 20-30 players in the league that regular season or previously (something like that).... then comes the playoffs and he is playing like he never did before, he was playing like prime Larry Bird, better than anybody, like the best player in the world, he was possessed, consistently, every single game he would close teams out in the clutch, he made Kobe, Durant & Lebron walkout in shame.... all of the sudden next season starts and Dirk is back to planet earth....
    Bruh, with a chance to go up 3-1 LeBron scored 8 points in a 3 point loss. If LeBron averages just 22 ppg instead of 18 they easily win that series

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    The Spurs were up 2-1 with Dirk...and the Mavs only won G1 by 3 points and they went 49-50 from the line, which is once in a lifetime efficiency.

Spurs won G2/3 by 13 points each.

Odds say Spurs still would have won. You definitely can't say they favored the Mavs.
    In 2014 Mavs were up 2-1 on the Spurs with a 20+ point victory.

They play best of 7 for a reason...........Mavs were up in game 3 IIRC before Dirk got hurt too and wasnt the same for the rest of the game.

How about the rest of the games? Walt Williams (WTF????? a scrub in his last season, literally one of the worst players in the league) replaces Dirk for the next 3 games.

The results?

Spurs win by 7
    Mavs win by 12
    Spurs win by 12

Lets be real. Spurs arent likely to win that series with a healthy Dirk who was a top 3 to 5 player that year

I definitely feel like the Spurs were the best team in 2013 given the state Wade in particular was playing in. That version of Miami (as well as 2014) really wasn't in the same class as SA. The Heat even going 1-1 against them is an achievement.

I still think the '05 Pistons narrowly edge out SA as the best team that year (and the Heat were literally right there with both of them), but that's very debatable.

I disagree that the 2003 Mavs were better than the Spurs.

When healthy, I think the 2009 and 2010 Celtics were the best in the game as well.

And yeah, 2011 Mavs are probably the biggest example of this; without LeBron's horrific series, they wouldn't have won more than a game.

But I don't begrudge any of the "non-best team" champions credit for winning, especially if they were able to beat the best team on their way to the ship.

LeBron in the 2011 finals was the worst choke job I have ever seen from a transcendent player. He wanted nothing to do with the outcome of the games and wanted to go into a shell and hide. If he had just played his normal game, the Heat win that series easily. But the Mavs sensed the fear in LeBron and fed off of that weakness.

Of course LeBron fans will never admit this and will bring up excuses, sort of like the Wilt fans. Losers give excuses. Winners win.

Bruh, with a chance to go up 3-1 LeBron scored 8 points in a 3 point loss. If LeBron averages just 22 ppg instead of 18 they easily win that series
    Or....if Joel Anthony, Bibby, Chalmers and Haslem scored more than 13pts combined in their 94mins of play, Heat go up 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Or....if Joel Anthony, Bibby, Chalmers and Haslem scored more than 13pts combined in their 94mins of play, Heat go up 3-1.
    No, if a 4x MVP at his peak manages a dozen points, they go up 3-1

High School Starter

Mavs were truly the best that year, the way they were performing (and Dirk playing out of his ***ing mind/capability including everybody else) sweeping the defending champs (Lakers/Kobe) im not sure Heat would have won even if Lebron produced up to his standards.... infact Mavs were the reason behind much of Lebrons decision making that series, they made all the superstars less efficient that playoffs (by those players standards), Durant shot 42%, 23% from 3, Kobe averaged 23 ppg... you have to give them credit...
    your evaluation of teams is absolute shit

you'll say anything possible to make it look like Lebron is facing goat competition

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=315601

what a freaking joke

High School Starter

94 & 95 (depending on how you feel about the best player in the game leaving the 3peat champions) 02, 03, 09, 11

I thought I had heard every spin possible, but I guess I was wrong.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldLion
    your evaluation of teams is absolute shit

you'll say anything possible to make it look like Lebron is facing goat competition

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=315601

what a freaking joke

No, if a 4x MVP at his peak manages a dozen points, they go up 3-1

So 2 starters and 2 top role players who barely scored above a dozen points combined in that game gets a free pass? They shouldn't held accountable whatsoever from keeping the Heat from going up 3-1?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

So 2 starters and 2 top role players who barely scored above a dozen points combined in that game gets a free pass? They shouldn't held accountable whatsoever from keeping the Heat from going up 3-1?
    He had Wade dropping 32 and Bosh adding 24, how much more scoring help does a top 10 player of all time need? If LeBron gives them even the notorious 2010 "elbow game" performance the Heat win that game