Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 02-11-2008, 02:45 AM   #1
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Default Time to think D once in a while!

When I'm watching Nuggets games I just can't figure it out why there ain't no 5 man defense. The Nuggets run and gun just like the Suns but the Suns play so much better defense than the Nuggets (didn't think I would praise the Suns D). I like the Nuggs but I just can't help but wonder how good they would be if they would play D as a team and not as individuals. Camby, Kenyon and A.I (steals) play D but Camby and Kenyon are the only ones to play constantly D. And both of them are great help defenders, which they have to do when Melo, Carter and A.I lose their man. A.I takes steals but with a risk that always he's man gets away from him or he's to small to guard other sg. I think if they would but some effort on D, and I'm not talkin' Spurs D, but atleast the level the Suns do it they would be much better. The Suns don't emphasize D, but when they do, they do it as a team. That's all I ask, so the Nuggs wouldn't lose those tight games cause the lack of effort or blow those 20p leads in a horry.

Last edited by Finn T-Mac : 02-11-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:56 AM   #2
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Time to think D once in a while!

The Nuggets are a top 5 defensive team, the only reason other teams score so much is because they get so many possessions due to the Nuggets fast pace. There's a ton of articles on this in about every major sports publication, I've read one in Sports Illustrated, ESPN Magazine, FSN and watched a show about it on NBA TV.
You don't have to be a statistician to figure it out...

Also, please use paragraphs, your post gave me a headache.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:52 AM   #3
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Time to think D once in a while!

So why do they lose so many games with that lineup, with that offense? Well, I ain't talking about how many points the other team scores. It's clear that the other team scores so many points cause the Nuggs shoot so many. I'm talking about the things I've seen watching them play. Too many easy layups. The Nuggs get caught on the high octane offense that they some times show no interest on defense.

And sorry about my misspelling...
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: