Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Prince Trade Rumors...

Quote:
At the beginning of the season, Tayshaun Prince was embedded into the fabric of this team's future. Now, not so much. If the Pistons are going to rebuild and add a young, elite-level forward, they may not be able to go the free-agent route. It might have to come through a trade, and if that's the case, the most valuable chip other than picks is Prince. Prince has two years and about $25.1 million left on his contract, far from unmovable. The Raptors have shown interest just as the Pistons have barely hid their interest in forward Chris Bosh. Nobody is saying that will happen. But Prince is no longer untouchable. -- Detroit News

If it's for Bosh I would give up Prince. I know there would be more involved than just that but the Pistons have a lot of money so they could go after another SF. With that said I'd really like to keep Prince and land Bosh. I'm not sure how it would be possible but it's just wishful thinking.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation
Default Re: Prince Trade Rumors...

Marvin Williams could be a replacement at the right price. Both Horford and Smith are better than Williams; they need a five instead of two cornermen and a power foward.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
A. Blackmon
Banned

A. Blackmon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
Marvin Williams could be a replacement at the right price. Both Horford and Smith are better than Williams; they need a five instead of two cornermen and a power foward.

Maybe Marvin Williams, Mike Bibby and a pick. Tayshaun is such a valuable player, his basketball IQ is off the charts.

Though I do often wonder what it would be like to have a bulkier 3, who can take his man off the dribble, and has more than 1 post move.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Will Bynum scored the same amount of points as Prince, Sheed, Rip, and Stuckey combined in game 4 I really don't care who gets traded anymore, I don't think there is anyone we need to keep on the team. Sheed, Rip, and tay combine for 8 points in 100 minutes in Game 4? What a joke this team has been this year, I'm glad they were swept. Joe D is going to be a moron and resign sheed over the offseason. RIP Detroit Pistons 2003-2008
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
steinhart23
Can barely lace up my sneakers

steinhart23 has an OK reputation so far

is will bynum the shining light of the playoffs for detroit?
steinhart23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
chasley
Can barely lace up my sneakers

chasley has an OK reputation so far

For the Pistons 2009-2010 season, look for...
[list][*]Carlos Boozer pick up in free agency.[*]Will Bynum competing for starting PG[*]Rodney Stuckey playing a slashing 2 guard role[*]The ratio of minutes played between Hamilton and Afflalo will even out some.[*]Rasheed gone, or resigned for very little.[*]A mid-season trade with Tayshaun or Rip (less likely Rip, he's signed an extension)

New and expiring players that I'd like to see in a Detroit uniform next year...
  • Brandon Wright
  • Rasheed Wallace, if he signs for around 6 million, and we get Boozer
  • Carlos Boozer

Current players I'd like to see out of a Detroit uniform next year...
  • Rasheed Wallace - if we don't get Boozer, no point in having our only true PF/C being a floater
  • Amir Johnson
  • Tayshaun Price - played awful defense and offense season, large contributor to the Piston's stagnate/boring/motionless offensive style of play.
chasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I knew Detroit would have a tough time with Cleveland. It seems almost as if it wasn't just AI who gave up on the season but everybody but Bynum. Maybe Chauncey getting traded upset some of them more than we know. I guess the bad thing about having a bad season this year is the draft isn't that deep. Unless you have a top 3 pick there isn't much in this draft. So all of our improvements will have to be made through FA's. Luckily we have all that money. I wouldn't mind resigning Sheed as long as it's not a ton of money. I agree that 6 million per year is fair for what he does now. I would really like to see us pursue Chandler and/or Bosh. Those are the top 2 on my list. I sign and trade with Sheed seems logical since those teams would probably want some size. Also trading our draft pick wouldn't be a bad idea either because it is doubtful we could get a contributor and we have enough young guys on the bench. Besides that I would really like to see Detroit go for Boozer or Okur. It's obvious how much Okur means to Utah just watching the LA series. They just can't match up. I think he should have been resigned by the Pistons back in the day. Hindsight is 20/20 or however that saying goes I guess. The one thing I think we all finally agree on is we really need a big man. I don't put it all on Prince because he didn't have a legit big man around him. That would make a huge difference in his game.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:02 AM   #8
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

No way Raptors trade Bosh for Prince. Rip or a few of the good young players (Stucky, Bynum, Afflalo) would have to get thrown in to make it semi tempting. That's not dissing Prince, but Bosh is younger and on another level.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:07 AM   #9
dd24
College superstar

I think they would want a SF in a deal for Bosh. If we take a look at the Miami Heat rumors it involves Beasley. Nonetheless it would take more than just Prince anyhow.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: