Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Matt Devlin Will Not Return

Quote:
Bobcats' TV play-by-play man won't return
Devlin's contract not renewed, radio voice Martin named replacement; Williams back as analyst
RICK BONNELL
rbonnell@charlotteobserver.com

Matt Devlin is out as television play-by-play announcer for the Charlotte Bobcats.

The team confirmed Devlin's contract was not renewed. Instead, the Bobcats are moving Steve Martin from radio to television and elevating Scott Lauer from pregame and halftime reports to radio play-by-play.

Devlin told the Observer he was not particularly surprised by the decision, but he was very disappointed. He said the Bobcats never made him an offer for a new contract.

"This is where I wanted to be," Devlin said. "To contribute (in his current job) and do some national stuff.

"To raise a family here and to see the franchise grow from infancy, that was very exciting."

The Bobcats will continue with Henry Williams on television analysis and Stephanie Ready as sideline reporter.

It's expected that Ready will do some radio when it doesn't conflict with her television duties.

Bobcats spokesman B.J. Evans said the franchise is undecided on whether to hire a full-time radio analyst.

During the season, the Bobcats let go television analyst Adrian Branch and moved Williams from radio to television.

Devlin came to the Bobcats from the Memphis Grizzlies at the team's inception three years ago. He did some national broadcasting this season, with TNT on NBA playoff games and Fox on the NFL.

http://www.charlotte.com/sports/story/144524.html

I always enjoyed him but I like Steve Martin better.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Thumbs down Re: Matt Devlin Will Not Return

Too bad. I enjoyed Devlin.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #3
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation
Default Re: Matt Devlin Will Not Return

At least Devlin was articulate. Martin is sounding more and more like one of my senile uncles.

When Eddie Jones came to Charlotte, Martin called him "Eddie Johnson" for pretty much his entire first season.

And THAT was eight years ago.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: