Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Another team from our city came to our open gym tonight and tried to ball on us and take over our gym.

[COLOR="Black"]Bitc[/COLOR]hes... we smacked em so hard a few left after the first game. The ones who were left started joking with us trying to make it seem like they were not serious about trying to prove somthing and start shiet.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    Another team from our city came to our open gym tonight and tried to ball on us and take over our gym.

[COLOR="Black"]Bitc[/COLOR]hes... we smacked em so hard a few left after the first game. The ones who were left started joking with us trying to make it seem like they were not serious about trying to prove somthing and start shiet.
    ahahahahahhahah that's awesome.

College star

Talking Re: official high school basketball thread

Our freshman team would be f*cking amazing if all the best players werent going up to JV or varsity.

So our 8th grade squad is undefeated in the JV/C division (Varsity doesn't want to play us, nor the JV/C teams)

We won our first game by 7, then by 1(not as close as the score said...think Cleveland/Spurs game 4 2007 finals... same exact 3 at the end of the game to make it one). Not to brag, but I did make the steal/assist to give us a two point lead with 27 seconds left, and then the jumper to make it a two possession game with 7 seconds left.

And finally, the most recent game we won by 46 (84-38). That was our second game of the night. Funny thing is, all we're doing is playing fundamentally sound basketball. The tallest guy on the teams we played were like 6'2" - 6'3" and I'm the tallest on our team at 6' (SF / PF / C)

So I thought I'd say something in this thread.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

in my high school days, made it to the state finals from 10th grade to the 12th and could neva get passed the quater final ...i captained the team every year from the tenth grade

bump.

tryouts start next week

Missed my first tryout... but they let me try out of second tryout's for fun which i dominated everyone (no boost), but they still wont let me in the team

Im pissed about that.. i just never heard the announcements in the morning time

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by danumber88
    Missed my first tryout... but they let me try out of second tryout's for fun which i dominated everyone (no boost), but they still wont let me in the team

Im pissed about that.. i just never heard the announcements in the morning time
    if you really dominated they would let you on the team..

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Steve Nashty's Avatar

And if you were really that good and not allowed on the team, you should be furious right now.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nashty
    And if you were really that good and not allowed on the team, you should be furious right now.
    and 1

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Steve Nashty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    and 1
    COUNT THE BUCKET BABY

I'm going to be rocking high socks in my high school basketball games, will be legit.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nashty
    COUNT THE BUCKET BABY

I'm going to be rocking high socks in my high school basketball games, will be legit.
    i thought you were a dude braH?

ok so this year we arent allowed to use a forearm when your guarding someone in the post anymore. and if you back someone down too much they're supposed to call an offensive foul. how gay is that?

what is the rule where you guys live? forearm or no?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore jc23's Avatar

I had my first tryout on Thursday. My stamina was great, surprisingly. All my post moves were pretty clean even though I'd much rather be sg. We did the 12 minute run on the track and some 60 meter sprints just to see where kids are at, ran a few easy drills. Schools kinda small 500 kids, something like 17 tried out. I'm a Junior (grade 9) 6'2", 170, fast, shoot well. Last year grade 8 team was a joke, still went perfect 10-0 in league play and in the tournament got to the finials, fouled out in the 2nd with a 15 points lead, team blew it. I usually got 20+ points not sure about rebounds but I know blocked lots of shots. This year I expect 30, 10 rebounds 5 assists 4 blocks and I will keep track. Those are high numbers but my competition is really weak around here. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    if you really dominated they would let you on the team..

QFT!