Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-05-2006, 11:58 PM   #1
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

Default Collins or Moore?

Whos better Collins or Moore? No details, No facts, No analogys. Just write Collins or Moore. It will be interesting to see who gets 10 votes first. (humor me) I will start.

MOORE
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:02 AM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

can't compare apples to oranges.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:11 AM   #3
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMo
No analogys. Just write Collins or Moore. It will be interesting to see who gets 10 votes first. (humor me) I will start.

C'mon VCdrivesa Just place a bet. It's interesting to see gut reactions. We could go on for hours on how different they are. This is just to see what comes to mind.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:34 AM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

it's really really close.

they're both subs in reality. they both do certain things well but aren't particularly complete players. collins has a tendency to have foot problems while moore looks like he's an injury waiting to happen (much like marcus camby). they're both seasoned vets with pretty good basketball IQ. they're prolly both assets in the locker room. collins is a bit short but is wide and solid. moore is thin and can be pushed around some but has good height and length.

i'm going to say "moore", but only because he might be better as a starter than collins. in reality they prolly deserve to be a platoon, sharing minutes and playing depending on who the opponent is.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:40 AM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

all right ill break em down the way I see it.

Collins is not getting much more than 25MPG these days, and depending on certain matchups, he may not even see 20MPG.

his strength lies in the fact that he is relatively quick for a PF and still strong enough to hold his own in the post. his offensive game is dreadful, though he can get an open dunk now and then. he does not block shots, but he does draw charges and force TOs. and when he's hot and when pigs fly, he can score over 20. (he has done so i think 4 times in his career, once last year with a 3 pointer as well)

Moore is primarily an energy guy. comes off the bench to eat up rebounds, block some shots, clog the lanes, and try to be very active. but he is rail thin and cannot defend the better post players in the league.

what do I think? keep those two in a platoon system and use em depending on matchups.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:58 AM   #6
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

Moore get's abused by strong big men, Collins gets abused by the rim, very hard to compare.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #7
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

I think Jason is more solid while Mikki will do dumb plays. If anything Jason as a sub might hurt his game more than being a starter, cause in limited minutes, I question his effectiveness in the game.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: