Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: "The Interview" Christmas day release gets cancelled

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Moses unlike Jesus probably didnt exist (actually its almost certain he didnt exist).

If he did exist chances are he was neither white or black and would look arab to us (like how the vast majority of egyptians look). portraying him as either white or black is inaccurate (even though he almost certainly never existed).
    I'm not here to argue if he was real or not, that's not the point. The man and Character Moses is from Egypt.

It would be like someone making an Xmen movie and creating Professor X as a cuban guy with a jerri curl.

Serious playground baller Ball So Harden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    I'm not here to argue if he was real or not, that's not the point. The man and Character Moses is from Egypt.

It would be like someone making an Xmen movie and creating Professor X as a cuban guy with a jerri curl.
    Little known fact, the real Professor X actually was Cuban and had a jerri curl.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Should have been Kim Il-Sung. Jong-Un is nobody compare to the Eternal Leader of North Korea.

Take notes, kids. Terrorism works.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

It seemed like a good idea to release it to one of the On Demand sites, like Amazon, or sell it to someone like Netflix. Or even go to some of the cable outlets and let them sell it On Demand.

But I heard a good point on the radio that hadn't occurred to me. That those places are probably afraid of the hacker end of it more than the terrorism end, and are perhaps afraid that getting into bed with Sony to turn them a profit on this thing would make them a target for attack. And with their customer base trusting them with all that billing information, it's certainly possible none of them would view the opportunity to charge for this seemingly pretty shitty movie exclusively for a short period as being worth the risk of riling up their customers.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    It seemed like a good idea to release it to one of the On Demand sites, like Amazon, or sell it to someone like Netflix. Or even go to some of the cable outlets and let them sell it On Demand.

But I heard a good point on the radio that hadn't occurred to me. That those places are probably afraid of the hacker end of it more than the terrorism end, and are perhaps afraid that getting into bed with Sony to turn them a profit on this thing would make them a target for attack. And with their customer base trusting them with all that billing information, it's certainly possible none of them would view the opportunity to charge for this seemingly pretty shitty movie exclusively for a short period as being worth the risk of riling up their customers.
    For the individual theaters that said no to showing it, it is simply a risk vs reward decision, IMO. This movie is in no way going to make them rich, and they have not previously invested anything into it, so why take the risk (whether it is cyber or physical)? If I ran a theater, I'd think that not showing 1 movie is not going to hurt my business.

Okay North Korea has really crossed the line now. You don't get in the way of Americans entertainment without facing serious consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    If Rogen and co. had even an ounce of imagination this wouldn't be a problem.

Is it really that hard to come up with a fictional name for a terrible leader? Literally everything could've been the same as long as they changed one name.

Apparently, because they even had to play themselves in their last movie instead of building characters.
    I rather it be Kim Jong Un. I'd rather it just be him than somebody just symbolic of him. Team America was better off for having the villain actually be Kim Jong Il.

It's going to date the movie horribly.

Kim Jong Un is a plot device. He's not a joke outside of dumb "ZOMG it's that real guy" reference humor.

If it was any other decade the writers would just make some generic stuff up that is tangentially related to what they're mocking, i.e. Marx Bros Duck Soup.

From the trailers, clearly the jokes are just plain old situational humor between Rogen and Franco. Who their target is really doesn't matter, other than making their research easier to make it a real guy.

Team America would've worked just fine with a made up villain, especially since the plot wasn't purely about killing him. The movie was about Gary's hero journey.
    Well, I personally loved that it was Kim Jong Il. It added a nice bit to the Team America movie. Even with him gone now, I still love that it is him. I'm not too worried about movies being "dated" by references in them. I can watch all sorts of things with dated references, and they are still great to me.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Who gives a shit.

Is it really that hard to come up with a fictional name for a terrible leader? Literally everything could've been the same as long as they changed one name.

Apparently, because they even had to play themselves in their last movie instead of building characters.
    Yeah, they're the ones to blame.

edit: swear you always (when some kind of freedom is suppressed), say nah, it doesn't matter, because he is an 'offense to fashion' or 'not even funny' - as if that has anything to do with it. Typical deflection because you're not yet willing admit that you don't give a toss about individual liberty.
    Last edited by Dresta; 12-19-2014 at 08:49 AM.

It's going to date the movie horribly.

Kim Jong Un is a plot device. He's not a joke outside of dumb "ZOMG it's that real guy" reference humor.

If it was any other decade the writers would just make some generic stuff up that is tangentially related to what they're mocking, i.e. Marx Bros Duck Soup.

From the trailers, clearly the jokes are just plain old situational humor between Rogen and Franco. Who their target is really doesn't matter, other than making their research easier to make it a real guy.

Team America would've worked just fine with a made up villain, especially since the plot wasn't purely about killing him. The movie was about Gary's hero journey.

No it wouldn't you ****ing ignoramus.

Again, for some reason you're defining someone's right to do something as whether they do it well or not. Considering how subjective this area is that is completely illogical.

Look at you, ready to appease the most ridiculous and laughable political leadership in the world. Why, exactly? Because you don't like Seth Rogan?

NBA rookie of the year

Why submit to censorship?

In our country free speech is protected. People are allowed to say anything about any president. No matter how insulting. Eg. the people who say racist stuff about obama or make images like this

We are allowed to make mock anyone in this country whether they deserve it or not. There are no legal consequences to speech (threats are actions).

Kim Jong Un is a slavemaster that has enslaved a whole nation.

North Korea is the saddest nation on earth.
    -there are stories of defectors who sneak into rural china and think of it as heaven because of the food there. (rural china is basically 3rd world living)

-There is this story of this female defect that the first time she went into a modern toilet she drank from the toilet bowl because she had never seen water that clear before and assumed it must be for drinking.

- there prison camps are horrific

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...e-from-camp-14

that book was so sad.
    - people get sent to prison camps for "crimes" their grandparents committed.
    -"crimes" is a very loose term
    - White rice is almost a luxury
    - females are raped constantly.
    -executions are common
    - its freezing cold during the winters
    - the do back breaking labor in unsafe conditions.

Kim Jong Un might literally be the worst person alive today.