Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #31
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
So you're putting him in the same realm as Grant Hill then basically, eh? LOL.

Last year he didn't play much.

Prior to that he played 78 regular season games out of 82. Prior to that it was 67 but that's because he *****ed up at the end. He could have played more. Before that was... 75, 76, 77, 79...

So missing 5-6 games a year on average for most seasons is considered not healthy?

Guy has a bad back that can go at any moment.

-"And to add i dont even feel like playing basketball anymore. Gonna retire."
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #32
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

kidd didn't want to go

kobe was supposed to be on the team, but he was hurt

TMac who knows

Shaq I don't think wanted to go

But I still don't think they're really bringing a team. Why not bring the NBA champs, and replace any international players

you could have sent the heat, they know each other and how to play with each other...I don't even think they even have international player...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #33
Shogon
High School Starter

Shogon has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
kidd didn't want to go

kobe was supposed to be on the team, but he was hurt

TMac who knows

Shaq I don't think wanted to go

But I still don't think they're really bringing a team. Why not bring the NBA champs, and replace any international players

you could have sent the heat, they know each other and how to play with each other...I don't even think they even have international player...

Heat would have probably been worse than this team. In fact, I know they would.

Spurs & Mavs were the two best teams in the league last year and they both had foreigners on their teams. I think either of those teams would have won the worlds. Even if you could clone Dirk, for example, and put him on both Germany & Dallas, I still think SA & DAL woudl have beaten anyone.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:35 PM   #34
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voratian
Arent you from England? They haven't won in their sport since 66.

HAHA nice point
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #35
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
People need to stop acting like USA basketball has fallen off the map. It's just that we send 2nd tier players who haven't played together that long.

ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:31 PM   #36
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
We send out "2nd tier" and lose. You realize the "first tier" is a small % of American NBA players right? The fact that we have to send our best of the best to bring home victory says something. And while most of these teams play "together" as ONE like voltron for longer periods then Team USA ever will. I wonder how can NBA players from other countries mix in with that bunch easily and not disrupt chemistry if not become the major reason they win. You think Spain and its Gasol/Calderon guys who play in the NBA while Gasol played in the postseason. How can they hop aboard and basically be the main impact players there. Ehhhhhh, another dissapointment for Team USA.

We can say we dont send our best every 4years, every 2 years but while we continue to lose the teams are made up of very good players/talent. Wade, Melo, Bron are the future superstars of the NBA. Dwight Howard included. Team had role players many thought were the right fit. Ehhhhh

On point.

People are acting like b*tches (SHOCKER!) here. Count me as one of the smug Americans who felt we'd just turn it on when we want to/win the championship just because we had talent. But we lost. And instead of NOW making excuses like "fiba rules are stupid", "we didn't send our best players" (we damn near did), "we didn't play together long enough".......It's time to just give credit where credit's due.

America's in trouble against other countries now. I don't like admitting it as I think just being American we should be superior at everything that matters. But we've been passed. Did you see these f*ckers today??? They were just driving on us, popping 3s all over us, going to that Baby-Shaq dude who couldn't be stopped.........it's embarrassing to watch Lebron and Wade as 2 of arguably the best players in the world (funny how people say they aren't AFTER TODAY) miss free throw after free throw, not know how to guard anyone. It's embarrassing to see Hinrich (wasn't everybody saying how he was the perfect PG for this team? SO fundamental, stifling defense) not only get abused on the defensive end but turn the ball over and f*cking go up and down on a wide open 3.

Just hand it to other teams. If we sent Kobe, T-Mac, Duncan out there......maybe we'd win. But we had LOADED talent this time. It's not like we're sending inferior NBA talent out there, and role players too. Let's just admit we ain't scaring nobody anymore. That's the biggest difference to me now. I used to think international guys were weaker/passive/soft. But now?? I'm watching the Argentina/Spain game, these guys are ALL banging, talkin sh*t to sh*t. Greek guys were bodying up on us. Italians are talking mess to us. We don't scare nobody anymore, and our talent (which may not be as superior even individually as I thought) just doesn't get it done anymore.

Honestly I didn't give a damn about this tournament till it started.......didn't even know anything about the world championships till I saw "Oh, there goes Wade, Lebron playing.......I'll watch". But them dudes were struggling out there alot of this tournament. Honestly if Melo wasn't ballin' his effeminite little a** off, we coulda lost some other games.

Just face it, even our very best don't run sh*t anymore. I want it to go back to that time but we're no longer big bad USA.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #37
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Wade is a fake. This kid is not even top 10 in the league.

Get f*cking real.

Wade is one of the 5 best in the f*cking NBA. His jumper was broke this tournament but he's damn sure one of the best 12 that woulda been on the team. He's no sharpshooter but he wreaks havoc and did even in this tournament on the break/halfcourt getting to the hole/steals.

He looked out of control this tournament though......I won't even front. Some of the sh*t he was doing was embarrassing. Some of those hanging layups where he's got 3 guys around him have GOT TO GO.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: