Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 02-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Need some feedback, help with a trade

Give me some feedback on this:

My Terry and Haywood for his Andre Miller and Grant Hill.

Team 10 roto, 8 cats, no TOs
Paul
Terry
Maggette
Artest
Dirk
Mike Miller
Amare
Wilcox
Kenyon
Alston
Hinrich
Haywood
Arenas

Do I gamble on Hill coming back into his early season form and Arenas getting me threes starting in March? Or am I taking too much of a risk here/not getting enough back in return? My goal here would be to set myself in assists for the rest of the way, and then look to move a pg like Hinrich/Alston for a rebounder and maybe find myself another three shooter if Arenas doesnt get it done for me. I dont know if Haywood is going to crack my lineup anymore anyway. Thoughts?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

nkjordan23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Need some feedback, help with a trade

Persoanlly, I really like what Andre Miller is doing right now. He's pretty much been an all around player this season and has played pretty consistent too. The only worry with him is if he gets traded, his value could go down slightly. However, I still think he would be more valuable than Terry regardless of a trade. My only worry is that you are banking on an injured player to come back and fill that huge need.

I know most people are counting on these guys to come through, but I just dont have confidence in Brand and Arenas to come back to form in these next 8-10 weeks when these seasons are going to end. I could be wrong, but Arenas is being extra careful from what im reading of coming back too early.

If you really think Areans will be back, or have a back up plan if he fails to give you hose threes, I would do this trade. I dont think Hill will give you exactly what he did in the beginning of the year, but I do think he will gain some solid production now that Marion is gone. In my eyes, that part of the deal is fine.

Whose on the FA wire if it doesnt pan out?
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Wire is thin, but there are some possibilities out there if Hill doesnt work out. Like you've mentioned, I'd like to grab JO now, he's there, but I dont know if I can keep producing with both him and Arenas on the bench.

Other notables are Gomes, Watson, Blake, Mobley, Wright, Korver, Foster, Mo Pete, Thad Young, Larry Hughes, Beno, Blount, Boone, Wally, Tyrus, Sefalosha, Rush, Warrick, Diener, Antonio Daniels, Moon, McCants, Curry, Navarro, Garcia, Turiaf, etc. Not a great list, but there are some managable players there. I'd love to have JO for the last four weeks of the season, but that's probably wishful thinking.

I need to ask for Hill in this offer, right? Or given these FA options, do I just ask for Andre for Terry and Haywood and grab someone from the wire?

I know my questions tend to be long and drawn out, so I appreciate you guys taking the time to shoot me your opinions.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #4
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

Well looking at Hill's performance tonight (Sonics...I know, big deal), he looks to be prety good to go.

39 minutes, 16 pts, 7 boards, 4 dimes, 1 block, and 1 steal.

I wouldnt count on those minutes, but those numbers look pretty manageable, maybe slightly high. I'd do this trade. I know it's one game, but I dont see Shaq interferring too much with his playing time. More so Diaw's.

As for the FA, I can understand your worry with picking up JO. It's tough with two injured guys like that. However, your wire isnt all that bad to me probably cause of the extra few teams in my league. I like what Watson has been doing and it looks as though Ridnour might be gone by the deadline.

There are lots of guys on that list to keep note of. Garcia, Beno, Watson, Navarro, and Sefolosha. From what I read today, Sefolosha will start the remainder of the season which means Gordon and Nocioni will come off the bench. Every one of those guys could have a bigger impact if someone gets traded (i.e Ridnour, Artest, Bibby, Mike Miller, and whether or not the Bulls do something big).

Thabo Sefolosha had nine points, seven rebounds, five assists, one steal, two blocks and six turnovers on Thursday.

Impact:
With Chris Duhon and Joe Smith combining for 61 points, the Bulls didn't need much offense from Sefolosha or Andres Nocioni (nine points, five rebounds, two assists). Sefolosha is an above average defender and is expected to start for the remainder of the season, giving him lasting fantasy value.

Thats the quote I read. I know that doesnt give him major value, but its anothet guy to keep an eye on.

Besides that, it sounds like you have your team straight and a good idea about what moves to avoid and make. I'd do the deal in the end though regardless of Hill and Haywood included.

Last edited by nkjordan23 : 02-09-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Alright, although he liked my deal of my Terry and Haywood for Andre Miller and Hill, he said he wanted to stay put for now. Do I offer Terry and Haywood for Miller straight up, or am I offering too much?
Old 02-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

kind of like that deal because you will cover the threes easily that you lose from Terry while picking up a great FG% as well as a good rebounding/passing gaurd.

With the addition of the FA you listed, I think this would be awful on his part to do, but I'd definitely give it a try. Theres always a possibility of Miller getting traded too though so his value could change depending on where he lands. Just something to keep in mind though. I'd do this trade and then pick up either JO or Foster to make up for the boards. JO would obviously be a gamble though at this point...
Old 02-10-2008, 03:41 AM   #7
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
Alright, although he liked my deal of my Terry and Haywood for Andre Miller and Hill, he said he wanted to stay put for now. Do I offer Terry and Haywood for Miller straight up, or am I offering too much?
I don't think that's offering too much ..Haywood is a Waiver Wire player in alot of leagues and Terry has been a rollercoaster ride to say the least all year...while Andre has been a consistant PG and would fit nice into your lineup (from what I can see)

I do this trade and pick up Moon for the loss of rebounds and blk's and hopefully getting some 3's back with the return of Arenas ..you could also pick up Navarro instead of Moon to off set the loss of 3's..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: