Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far
Default Current Roster.....

as it stands, this is what our roster looks like going into the offseason.....

PG - kirk hinrich
chris duhon

SG - ben gordon
larry hughes
thabo sefolosha
shannon brown

SF - luol deng
andres nocioni

PF - drew gooden
tyrus thomas

C - joakim noah
aaron gray

i think chris duhon is a free agent and most likely paxson won't even consider resigning him.......as far as the others, i'm not sure with their contracts or status with the team.......in the other thread, i saw a few comments from people which sounded good but some are unlikely to happen.......i do like the idea of the 1st rd pick and nocioni for JO.......what other trade ideas or free agent that you think pax would go after........lets not get too carried away and try to make it realistic as possible.........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Current Roster.....

Point guard position is solid. Sure Hinrich isn't a pure point, but he is solid enough to get the job done. Not to mention he is a good defensive player. Get him a big that can score - if he had a Kevin Garnett around him he would look like Steve Nash. If Duhon leaves, then someone should be done, unless JamesOn Curry has improved we may need to trade to get a backup. (Rose isn't going to fall in our hands and OJ Mayo isn't what this team needs.)

Shooting guard is where something needs to happen. I really think Gordon needs to pack his bags and get out - package him with someone and ship him off. Hughes and Thabo are solid, and if needed Thabo could even slide over a run the point.

Small forward. Deng is good, Nocioni is good. I think Deng is more replacable than Nocioni just because of the energy Noc brings doesn't come to often. But unless we are going to get a big man for Deng - leave it as it is.

Power forward, Gooden is a type of player that you need. Real good rebounder and can put points on the board. Tyrus - get rid of him.

Center, Noah really showed that he can play, and Gray with improvement could be a nice player. Unless improvements come leave it.

Throw Tyrus and Gordon on the trading block and see what happens. Maybe trade them for future draft picks?

In the draft, take Arthur from Kansas. (If he goes). He is around 6'9" and has enough post moves to help the offense on this team. Put 15 pounds on him and he is going to tear it up.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
ILLEFEX

i know there's been lots of complain about kirk throughout the season, but like you said he is not a bad of a pg........and you made a perfect example that if he has a big that can score it would make it easy for him.........i totally agree with that just because all our players are so inconsistent that everybody else expects more from kirk as far as stepping up.........one good example is rajon rondo........kirk is way better pg than him but nobody talk about rondo cause he's got the big 3 to pass the ball to.........
Old 04-16-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kirk has had some good games this season but I'd trade him right away if a decent deal came along.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Kirk has had some good games this season but I'd trade him right away if a decent deal came along.

You know Kirk's best 2 seasons, Chicago did well in the Playoffs. Then he has one bad season, everyone jumps on him and wants him gone. If you use logic here...wow Kirk plays good we do good - maybe we should build around him and Deng. :)

Kirk Hinrich - solid all around player. Not flashy, gets the job done.
Luol Deng - real good offensive player. Not flashy, gets the job done.

Ben Gordon - streaky, short, can't play defense. Get the **** out.
Tyrus Thomas - out of control, talks to much. Get the **** out.
Larry Hughes - I like you, but you make a lot of money, throw you in with Gordon and Thomas and get a big man.
Chris Duhon - we could use you to sign and trade in this deal.

Pacers Get:
Ben Gordon, Thomas, Hughes, and Duhon

Chicago Gets:
JO, Travis Diener, 2nd Rd draft pick.

Then maybe trade the 1st pick down a little and pick up a lower 1st and another 2nd round. (The more darts you throw the better chance you have at hitting)

Hinrich/Diener/2nd round
Thabo/1st rd draft pick (Gordon, CDR, Rush)
Deng/Nocioni
O'Neal/Gooden
Noah/Gray/2nd round

Only issue with that is JO is very injury prone. Another way to go would be try to use those 4 players to get Beasley. (But does Miami really need 2 shooting guards?) Or try to get a guy like Okafor or pry Jefferson away from the Timberwolves.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:21 AM   #6
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love your guys' roster, can't believe the regression this year. Very surprising...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:20 AM   #7
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool

I can't defend Kirk for anything anymore because of his regression. It's truly pathetic, and almost unmatched by anybody I've seen in awhile. I would do anything to package Hinrich, Our draft pick, and whatever else besides Noah, Sefolosha,and Tyrus for a chance to draft D Rose. He is gonna be the next Chris Paul but bigger and more athletic. He is a REAL point guard. I dont think there is any chance of it happening though.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:25 AM   #8
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

captainkirk has an OK reputation so far

I would keep Gray, Gooden, Deng and Sefolosha. Except them, every one can be involved in a trade. I'd take Arenas over all, he has a player option, according to salary space we have we can offer him up to 15.000.000
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
ILLEFEX

its always good to hear different kinds of opinions........for me, i like kirk a lot.....he's game is not flashy, just that people expect too much from him.......if there's no other pg out there, then stick with him.....i hear people talking about DJ Augustin, the pg from texas, that he's what the bulls need.....realistically, rose and mayo ain't gonna fall on the bulls lap by the time they pick.....he's a true pg and a good passer or what not........so, we draft him and then whats gonna happen, people will talk after that he's too small and he can't shoot..........not everybody will turn out to be like chris paul........look at ben gordon, i dunno what the media was saying before he got drafted, but i bet its a lot of positive stuff or else he wouldn't get picked 3rd overall..............thats why if the bulls deiceds to keep their pick, just hope that he will turn out to be good cause sometimes you never know how that player will turn out...........
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: