Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Larry Bird is a better passer than Lebron James:

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    If Bird never existed Lebron would have a great case as the greatest passing SF of all time.

But Bird did exist and he dished everything Lebron dishes except he has even more dimensions. Such as on the fly bump and tap passes. He has some sort of 6th sense that Lebron lacks to pull them off.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 09-19-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Good High School Starter

The zip that Lebron regularly puts on the ball is unmatched as far as I'm concerned...his passes "get there", and on target. The value of that can't go unspoken. My favorite passes from him are the one's he throws across the width of the court to someone open that had he not zipped the ball the way he did he wouldn't have looked so wide open because the defender would have had time to get to the guy before the shot.

I can think of one in particular that he threw to James Jones in the corner in that Christmas game vs LA even though he missed the shot, but I can't find it. Here's an example in the video that someone else linked in this thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooEELfpn2C8&t=0m25s

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

watch the olympics, lebron was the best passer on that team.
    for me bird and lebron are pretty close

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    If Bird never existed Lebron would have a great case as the greatest passing SF of all time.

But Bird did exist and he dished everything Lebron dishes except he has even more dimensions. Such as on the fly bump and tap passes. He has some sort of 6th sense that Lebron lacks to pull them off.
    I've seen Lebron complete those passes regularly.

People don't realise they are watching one of the all time greats playing, and one of his key skills is passing. There is no gap between him and Larry Bird, and at the end of his career I think it will be obvious that Lebron was the better passer.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Lebron stans and Heat fans always fall back on this when a Cavs fan wants to talk about Lebron - I'ma be the bigger man and say - yes, I am pissed Lebron left. Over 2 years ago.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    Yup. I'm a LeBron nutrider as soon as I call out the fact that you're the biggest baby on the forum when it comes to LBJ leaving your team. Just get over it. IT was 2 years ago!
    you're mad because somebody call you a lebron Stan? Really? I didn't know you were in denial bub...
    PURE" Passing...Bird is Better

Lebron is a Better "CREATOR" of Offense cause of his Superior Handles and Driving Ability Athletic Ability too...Causing The Defense to Close On Him...Thereby Leaving Other of His Teamates Open.
    yeah that's pretty much my opinion on LJvs Larry too.

Yes he clearly is but I wouldn't say that there's a big gap. Bird's the best passing non-guard, LeBron's comes after, actually he plays many times like a PG unlike Bird so...

They're about equal in court vision, LeBron's has better handles but Bird's the better passer.

Adding to that vid on the OP also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTI-Cmkp87A
    Last edited by SHAQisGOAT; 09-19-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I've seen Lebron complete those passes regularly.

People don't realise they are watching one of the all time greats playing, and one of his key skills is passing. There is no gap between him and Larry Bird, and at the end of his career I think it will be obvious that Lebron was the better passer.
    I don't care about end of career and stats provide info but don't mean all that, Bird's better skilled as a passer.

Completely agree. Lebron spreads the floor better, but no forward in NBA history dished out more 'guaranteed bucket passes' than Larry Legend.

You're unbiased yet your username is "CavaliersFTW" I bet!

Thought you would come with any rational, objective and factual data to that statement.... you didnt... another empty opinion triggered by facts and discust for something which proves your biased feeling towards a player WRONG....

...and please spare me the "bias" accusation, the only one who seem biased here is you based on the context of your post... please also spare me the vintage game excuse, i have probably seen more vintage games and possess more vintage games specifically from Larry Bird and 80s and then 90s than you... I have over 100 games on vhs/dvd and divx/xvid with Larry Bird, who is one of my top 3 favorite players of all time...

If anything thats exactly why you could be biased, your feelings towards oldschool may give your the priority due to nostalgia (i doubt you are that old) and disrespect for great basketball that is right infront of your eyes...
    Last edited by pauk; 09-19-2012 at 08:06 AM.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Pauk is better poster than you! Just sayin'.

Cali Love

true

larry legend gets underrated like no other here

Damn I didn't know Larry Bird was a good passer let alone that good of a passer. I actually learned something on ISH today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Damn I didn't know Larry Bird was a good passer let alone that good of a passer. I actually learned something on ISH today.
    Good, now go watch some videos to validate it.

Bird's passing >> Lebron's. Even pauk knows that.