Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Nike Hoops Summit: 10:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Staying to college to somehow "refine your game" is such a joke. If you want to truly progress, you go to the NBA where the best of the best are. As simple as that.

I'm appaled to this "the more you stay in college, the better you will be". Yeah right, guarding and scoring on college players as opposed to NBA calibre players.
    Different cases for different players.

Not all players need the same development in the college ranks.

Nerlens Noel, like Thabeet(sorry for the negative comparison), needs to spend several years in college to develop a better offensive skill set to go along with his shot blocking/post presence. As a 1 dimensional big man he needs to refine his offensive game for the NBA or else he wont reach his full potential. If Nerlens is a 1 & Done, he'll be coming into the league where he can contribute with blocking shots but doesn't have anything to give on offense nor a body ready for the NBA grind.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

entire game is available on youtube here.

I don't see it. Nerlens, from what I've seen, has a better Ogame than Davis. Better fundations at least. If Davis can go in the league this year, so will Nerlens.

I don't see it. Nerlens, from what I've seen, has a better Ogame than Davis. Better fundations at least. If Davis can go in the league this year, so will Nerlens.
    Guy can't even catch the ball.

RECAP

Despite a record-setting 35 points from the USA

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

I'm still learning how to put up a good highlight video.. in the meantime.. GIF's:

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Guy can't even catch the ball.
    Hilarious as ****. The boy was hurt as ****. There was a reason as to why he didn't even start. He still went 2-2, grabbed 4 rebound, 3 ast, 4 STL and 4 Blck.

It's impressive as ****.
    Last edited by Punpun; 04-08-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Default Re: 2012 Nike Hoop Summit game discussion thread

Noel copying off B.Jennings! Get out of here with the box.

Thanks for posting link to game. Gonna watch.

Hilarious as ****. The boy was hurt as ****. There was a reason as to why he didn't even start.
    I'm only judging based on the limited amount I saw. Not impressed, there are a lot better prospects in the class below. If he didn't reclassify he would be in the shadow of Parker, a much better prospect. Maybe even Wiggins if he reclassified.

I'm only judging based on the limited amount I saw. Not impressed, there are a lot better prospects in the class below. If he didn't reclassify he would be in the shadow of Parker, a much better prospect. Maybe even Wiggins if he reclassified.
    Don't speak if you know nothing about him. There is a reason why he is the #1 HS player in America. Even with his limited playing time and injury, he still was flawless in his FG attempt, grabbed 4 rbound, 4 STL, 4 BLK. And 3 ast. Think again.

There is no one in this class better than him. Nor in the class below.

Don't speak if you know nothing about him. There is a reason why he is the #1 HS player in America. Even with his limited playing time and injury, he still was flawless in his FG attempt, grabbed 4 rbound, 4 STL, 4 BLK. And 3 ast. Think again.

There is no one in this class better than him. Nor in the class below.
    Actually I have read and watched as much footage as I could about him. Even made a thread about him a year ago. Guy doesn't seem to be some can't miss prospect, Definately not like Russell. Guy lacks defensive bball iq and has bad hands. He should be an nba player but im not seeing 8 time all star type of guy.

Jabari Parker is better than him. Shabazz, who I'm not as high on as most, is better than him. Wiggins is a much more interesting project.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    He's currently in the Class of 2014 but he is almost guaranteed to re-classify to 2013 and challenge Jabari Parker for the #1 spot.

He also wants to get into the Class of 2013 so he can team up with his older brother, who is a Juco transfer in 2012. His brother is being recruited by Oregon, Villanova, Wichita St., Pittsburgh, Oregon State and Baylor. They'll be able to team up for 1 season in 2013-2014 as he'll be a Senior and Andrew will be a Freshman.
    Isnt Jabari Parker on the 2014 class?

Guy doesn't seem to be some can't miss prospect,
    Wow, can you spread more lies ? He is seen as at least a prospect a sbig as Davis. My god it's pretty hilarious now.

Quote Originally Posted by IamSofaKing
    Isnt Jabari Parker on the 2014 class?
    Jabari's in the 2013 class.

Nerlens Noel has a better foundation for an offensive game because he actually plays in the post. The problem is he can't do much else but catch and dunk, but he still needs to work on doing more down low. He needs a lot of work to be a C, well a dominant one on the next level. He is a "Cant Miss" prospect.

The difference with Anthony Davis is that hes a 4 and although he doesn't have much of a post game, but has perimeter skills. Davis will come into the NBA as a Face up 4 man due to his lack of weight and he'll struggle like most players like him(KG, Bosh, etc) as he develops to become a "scorer".

There is far more importance and emphasis on Nerlens Noel to develop a post game because he wont be playing outside of the paint like Davis will be.