Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    im a superhero

Default Re: Jordan will Kill LeBron right Now !

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88
    you ask Jason terry and Jason Kidd to give you pointers
    he also has the rest of the team to worry about.

whats 205lbs jordan going to do when 260lbs lebron starts backing him down from the free throw line. answer is nothing.

im a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    You're delusional if you think Gerald isn't as good an athlete or if he doesn't play better d.

And MJ losing 11-0 is a joke

In their primes MJ would murder Bron, f*ck outta here. As far as stopping Bron from getting to the rim, you clearly haven't seen multiple players do just that.
    your guess is as good as mine as far as the mj vs bron thing goes.

though gerald being as good an athlete or defender? well that just makes my opinion on the mj vs bron thing look more respectable.

gerald isn't in the same world in terms of athletic ability. and hes no where close as a man to man defender.

skip bayless...

stop caring right there... this video proves best how much of a Lebron hater he is....

he doesnt even have Lebron in Top 5 today and doesnt have Dwight even in Top 10....
    Last edited by pauk; 11-05-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    even in their primes i'd take lebron. how are you going to stop someone that big from getting to the ring?
    You're taking Lebron over Jordan in his prime........

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

your guess is as good as mine as far as the mj vs bron thing goes.

though gerald being as good an athlete or defender? well that just makes my opinion on the mj vs bron thing look more respectable.

[COLOR="Red"]gerald isn't in the same world in terms of athletic ability. and hes no where close as a man to man defender.[/COLOR]
    YOu're trolling right?

whats 205lbs jordan going to do when 260lbs lebron starts backing him down from the free throw line. answer is nothing.
    Because that's exactly what he'll do.

NBA rookie of the year

Bron couldnt even back down JJ Barea in the Finals - what makes you think he's gonna back down the strongest SG ever? (Jordan is also more like 240-245 pounds nowadays, and would probably be 225-230 if he trained for a year to get in shape, but that's irrelevant - Bron isn't backing Jordan down)

A match up at this point in their lives would be an utter humiliation for Jordan. I know that some have tried to be generous while being reasonable and have Jordan scoring perhaps 5 or 6 points in a game up to 11, but the reality is that Jordan *may* score 2 or 3 points. We're talking about a player who is taller, faster, stronger and quicker than Jordan at this point in their lives. Jordan's skill and mental toughness might get him a few points, but no where near a win. I see that people have been watching that latest Rocky Balboa movie.

In their primes, I'll take Jordan, but it's an insult to even hypothesize about this sort of matchup.

I've seen Lebron James post up JJ Barea....who is only 5'7"...

since it's one on one and Lebron's speed and power would be negated since thier would be "0" open court aspect's of the game..

Jordan still get's by Lebron 1 vs 1....James Post up game and mid range jumper is horrible....Jordan's post game alone without worrying about help defenders would beat Lebron ..

Jordan could still beat Lebron and get past JJ Barea

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    A match up at this point in their lives would be an utter humiliation for Jordan. I know that some have tried to be generous while being reasonable and have Jordan scoring perhaps 5 or 6 points in a game up to 11, but the reality is that Jordan *may* score 2 or 3 points. We're talking about a player who is taller, faster, stronger and quicker than Jordan at this point in their lives. Jordan's skill and mental toughness might get him a few points, but no where near a win. I see that people have been watching that latest Rocky Balboa movie.

In their primes, I'll take Jordan, but it's an insult to even hypothesize about this sort of matchup.

but this is the problem with most uneducated fans...sure all those qualitys are great...

but...

what makes great players is none of those....what made Jordan , Kobe , Bird etc..truly great was the ability to understand how to manipulate their opponents with the subtle things like "footwork" "head and shoulder fakes".."change of direction moves"..."speed changes".....just all the little things that require hours upon hours and dedication to learn (in fact those are the hardest skills to aquire and happen to be the most effective)

Jordan didn't become great because he was fast..or could jump high....

he became great because he worked harder then anyone on the most important parts of the game.....

Jordan still beats him with skill alone....in a game to 21 I would take MJ 21 - Lebron 11

49 years old Jordan is underdog for sure. But he has much better jumper,much more confident,clutch and smart. He has one of the greatest footworks combined with full of tricks.His favorite shot is fadeaway which best for using taller,athletic players.

Lebron has mass,power,size and athleticism.But he doesn't have post up skills.He will use his speed but half court one on one, speed and athleticisim is less important than pump fakes,jab steps,up and unders.

As for mentals, Lebron will be much more in pressure than Jordan.Nobody take it seriously if Jordan got destroyed.After all everybody will say he is 49. But if Jordan makes couple of nice moves,baskets..Lebron will be under huge pressure.Just think about 49 years old Jordan making fool of "king" James.We have seen what happened Lebron on finals.

I have seen 39 years old Jordan fooling prime Garnett on offense at iso plays.Even 49, on half court one on one, Jordan might have tricks to get his points.Here Jordan killing KG at 39:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...m-OOWH0#t=215s

James is favorite but i wouldn't trust James that much and i wouldn't bet against Jordan.

naw MJ is too old

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    but this is the problem with most uneducated fans...sure all those qualitys are great...

but...
    Here is the real problem with many fans of all stripes, educated and uneducated... they allow their self perceived basketball intellectualism (and obvious biases) to overshadow their common sense. Case-in-point, arguing that a nearly 50 year old Michael Jordan would beat a 26 year old Lebron James in a one on one game. Let's delve deeper.

what makes great players is none of those....what made Jordan , Kobe , Bird etc..truly great was the ability to understand how to manipulate their opponents with the subtle things like "footwork" "head and shoulder fakes".."change of direction moves"..."speed changes".....just all the little things that require hours upon hours and dedication to learn (in fact those are the hardest skills to aquire and happen to be the most effective)
    You're absolutely right; those attributes make for great players. Athleticism can only take you so far and skill is paramount in becoming a great player. The problem with this argument is that Jordan is nearly 50 years old. As skilled as I'm sure he still is, his skill will not make up for the loss in athleticism that he has has suffered due to age and the natural physical advantages LeBron now has over him. Head fakes, footwork and speed changes make a world of difference when a player is 30 and 35, but when you're nearly 50 and you're playing a 26 year old NBA player who is near his prime and as good as Lebron is, let's not pretend you're going to head fake your way to a victory in a one and one game. That sort of reasoning is asinine.

Jordan didn't become great because he was fast..or could jump high....
    It didn't hurt that Jordan was one of the best athletes we have ever seen in the league. His physical abilities lent immensely to his skill and allowed him to do things that even other immensely skilled players were unable to do. It's not just the athleticism and it's not just the skill... it's the package.

he became great because he worked harder then anyone on the most important parts of the game.....
    All that hard work would get him 3 or so points out of 11 at the age of 49. If John Rogers can beat Jordan, LeBron, taking the match up seriously, would make it a travesty.

Jordan still beats him with skill alone....in a game to 21 I would take MJ 21 - Lebron 11
    Looking for the "j/k" in white text... you must have forgotten to add it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    HAHAHA.... I've seriously come to love Skip. He intentionally trolls and people think he really believes this stuff and argues with him. He would troll the sh*t out of this forum.
    If he's smart, he already does. He can see what gets under peoples' skin here, and then carry it over to ESPN.

Step 1: Troll on ISH
    Step 2: Troll on Espn
    Step 3: ???????????
    Step 4: Profit

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    49 years old Jordan is underdog for sure. But he has much better jumper,much more confident,clutch and smart. He has one of the greatest footworks combined with full of tricks.His favorite shot is fadeaway which best for using taller,athletic players.

Lebron has mass,power,size and athleticism.But he doesn't have post up skills.[COLOR="Red"]He will use his speed but half court one on one, speed and athleticisim is less important than pump fakes,jab steps,up and unders.[/COLOR]

As for mentals, Lebron will be much more in pressure than Jordan.Nobody take it seriously if Jordan got destroyed.After all everybody will say he is 49. But if Jordan makes couple of nice moves,baskets..Lebron will be under huge pressure.Just think about 49 years old Jordan making fool of "king" James.We have seen what happened Lebron on finals.

I have seen 39 years old Jordan fooling prime Garnett on offense at iso plays.Even 49, on half court one on one, Jordan might have tricks to get his points.Here Jordan killing KG at 39:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...m-OOWH0#t=215s

James is favorite but i wouldn't trust James that much and i wouldn't bet against Jordan.
    Spoken like somebody that's played 1 on 1 before.

1 on 1 half court is a different type of game. Some of the skills that certain players thrive on are hindered, because the game itself is different. At the same time, a lesser skilled player can thrive even more depending on their style of play.

Unfortunately for Bron his style of play isn't the type that would make it even tougher for MJ, actually on the contrary, his style would actually aid MJ and he'll use it to his advantage. I could see players like Melo hurting MJ more than Bron, hell I mentioned in the past that Magic's style could've hurt MJ if both were in their primes.

I could honestly see MJ forcing Bron into step back after step back jumpers, or out of rhythm pull-ups far more than Bron driving in for dunks. Why? because a half court one on one game becomes a game of angles and MJ understands this far better than Bron.

Not saying that MJ would win, but the game wouldn't be a blowout like some are predicting, AND if MJ gets hot, MJ wins hands down.