Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-28-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
justafan
Learning to shoot layups

Default could be a nice move

what the bobcat should do is pick up dee brown and trade for Johan Petro cause sonics have know more use for him with Robert Swift and Mouhamed Sene up and comeing. And johan is young and good shot blocker and nice low post defender and that way okafor could be more of a Offensive player and dont work to hard on defensive. the only problem is who the sonics will want from us for him .
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Default Re: could be a nice move

Dee's already signed with a Turkey club, so he's out. Petro...he's still mighty raw (some Sonics fans are thinking it'll take YEARS for both Petro & Sene to develop). I agree the potential is there, but I don't think he really fills what we need right now.

I went to the Carolina Caravan in Raleigh yesterday and Steve Martin was there. FWIW, I asked him who he thought would be the big guy we bring in and his guess was Marc Jackson.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:49 AM   #3
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
Dee's already signed with a Turkey club, so he's out. Petro...he's still mighty raw (some Sonics fans are thinking it'll take YEARS for both Petro & Sene to develop). I agree the potential is there, but I don't think he really fills what we need right now.

I went to the Carolina Caravan in Raleigh yesterday and Steve Martin was there. FWIW, I asked him who he thought would be the big guy we bring in and his guess was Marc Jackson.

...I say we make a move for Collison, he seems to be pretty expendable for them and I don't think he's happy about coming off the bench, when he produces so well when he is given the chance. Morrison + Hollins and cash 4 Collison and Petro.... maybe throw them a pick or two.... It worked on the trade machine

This would give us a relatively inexpensive PF ($5.5 mill/4 yrs) and our whole starting 5 would be locked up for a while...
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvThisGame
...I say we make a move for Collison, he seems to be pretty expendable for them and I don't think he's happy about coming off the bench, when he produces so well when he is given the chance. Morrison + Hollins and cash 4 Collison and Petro.... maybe throw them a pick or two.... It worked on the trade machine

This would give us a relatively inexpensive PF ($5.5 mill/4 yrs) and our whole starting 5 would be locked up for a while...

Dude I would LOVE to get either Collison or Wilcox...and before the draft Ammo would have been a PERFECT trade piece for them. Sadly they get two high picks and use them both on SFs as well as getting Szerbiak in trade.

Good point about Collison coming off the bench though. I think he'll start for them at first, but depending on Swift's progression (and it's supposed to be good) and if Wilcox maintains the good play he very well might be the 6th man.

I still think they see Wilcox as more tradable (moreso than Collison...their fans are really high on him, mainly because of his D), but I can't think of any pieces they'd take from us that we'd be willing to give up. I doubt they'd even be hot about our '08 pick as they picked up a few this offseason.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #5
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

I don't even know who their coach is... but he said the only definite starter is chris wilcox coming into camp.... Wilcox is far from a center so that means sooner or later collison is the odd man out when Swift takes over the C spot....

And I don't think Wally has much left in the tank... him and his huge contract are gone as soon as they expire. Morrison gives them a project.... you never know a couple years from now PG-Morrison-Green-Durant-Swift. That gives them a good young core to try and develop together.....
Old 09-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #6
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvThisGame
I don't even know who their coach is... but he said the only definite starter is chris wilcox coming into camp.... Wilcox is far from a center so that means sooner or later collison is the odd man out when Swift takes over the C spot....

And I don't think Wally has much left in the tank... him and his huge contract are gone as soon as they expire. Morrison gives them a project.... you never know a couple years from now PG-Morrison-Green-Durant-Swift. That gives them a good young core to try and develop together.....

Their coach is PJ Carlesimo (the guy Spreewell slapped).

I'm definitely down with an Ammo to Seattle trade for a big. Maybe the ownership would see what you're talking about moreso than their fans (the idea got killed on the RealGM trade thread a little while back, but it shouldn't be surprising because of Ammo's low value right now).
Old 09-29-2007, 02:35 AM   #7
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Ammo could play SG
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:38 AM   #8
liverpooty
Local High School Star

I think its safe to say after last season that Morrison doesnt have the athleticism or quickness to play SG.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:12 AM   #9
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
I think its safe to say after last season that Morrison doesnt have the athleticism or quickness to play SG.

Heh, if you're going to throw athleticism and quickness in there I don't know that there is a position he can play!

If he can get that shot and the confidence going I think he could one day push for a starting role, but not with us really. Bird (NOT comparing Ammo to Bird!!!) wasn't fast or athletic either, but was able to use his smarts to guess what his guy was going to do. Ammo is supposed to be smart too, so it's possible.

It really needs to be done THIS season though...help their new ownership group resurrect some excitement and sell some tix before they move to OKC.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:00 PM   #10
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

If Kyle Korver can lineup at SG.... Adam Morrison can.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: