Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bol'd over

Default More "ghost" pictures and the stories behind them

I have one that a friend sent to me many years ago, and to my knowledge no one has analyzed it or put it in the news. A friend of mine was on vacation in Malta and took this picture of the birds and ruins. Only after getting it developed did we notice the figure on the left side of the middle pillar. There is some debate as to whether it is a woman in period dress or a Moorish soldier with a beard.

I have had this picture for about 10 years now, and have always wondered about it.
    Ruling out any photoshopping tricks, I have to say that this picture intrigues me. While I'm not about to say that is a genuine ghost, I have to say that it has all the hallmarks of a classic ghost photo - ethereal, creepy, and sad in a way.

The first thing that I should point out from a skeptic's point of view is that the figure in question is the exact same color as the concrete pillars around it. This leads me to believe that it could be some sort of statue or a rock formation that, from a certain angle, looks like a person.

I would be remiss, however, to point that out and not also point out the fact that the figure, if it is indeed related to the pillars, does not show the same weathering pattern as the others with the discoloration at the base of the pillars.

If this is an illusion or genuine ghost, I cannot say but it is enough to raise questions in both directions. I've requested more information from Crystal about this area in Malta so I can be sure what I'm looking at, but as it stands now -- very interesting.

At first glance, this looks like a normal everyday group photo with a very upset child, but if you look closer you see another person at the bottom. It is a child -- the problem is, the child does not belong to anyone in the picture and, until the picture was developed, no one had ever seen it before.

Is this some patron who got lost on a tour, or is this an ages-old specter observing the events of the modern day from his ghostly vantage point?

The eerie image was taken by tourist Christopher Aitchison in May 2008 at Tantallon Castle east of Edinburgh. Aitchison has told newspapers that there was no one standing on the overlook when he snapped the picture.

The "person" appears to be wearing an old-style greenish ruff around the neck, a style congruent with old-style fashion.

Ghost? Wayward tourist? Costumed performer? Trick of the light? The decision is yours to make.[

What you are looking at is not photoshopped nor has it been manipulated in any way. Rather, it is one of the more astonishing photo illusions I have ever come across. What appears to be a bearded man - perhaps the face of Jesus - is a real time and very accidental arrangement. If you take a look at "Jesus'" eye, you will see that it is actually the head of a child in the man's lap. The nose is the child's left hand and that the hair is actually a bush in the background.

Could this be the face of Jesus or perhaps the appearance of another spirit or is it just an amazing convergent of separate elements to form a nearly perfect illusion? That, dear friends, is a judgment you must make for yourself.

Crumlin Road Prison in Belfast, Northern Ireland is only used as a tourist location but many years ago it acted as a facility for prisoner execution. According to accounts, a tourist hopped inside an empty coffin as a joke unaware that he was apparently invading the space of someone who was already there. Could this be the face of someone who met their end in Crumlin's cold gray walls?

For over two hundred years The Castle de la Rotta is near Turin was occupied by the Knights Templar and was their home in 1312 when King Philip IV of France decided they were too powerful and must be dealt with. Many of the knights were captured and tortured or burned to death as Heretics.

Three centuries later, hundreds of plague victims were buried under the castle in 1631 and when the French invaded Turin in 1639, thousands of murdered citizens were thrown into the castle's wells.

Obviously, the castle is a prime location for spirits and many have been reported in its cold stone walls for hundreds of years. Among them is the sprit of a 15 year-old girl who leaped from a tower on the day she was to marry the castle's owner. According to legend, her ghost appears every June 15th, the anniversary of her death, and that her ghostly scream shatters the calm of the night. It is also said that a ghostly gathering of spirits descends on the castle on that night for a wedding that never was.

A few of the Rotta ghosts have been captured on camera and, according to the accounts of what happened, they were visible with the naked eye when they were photographed. One of them was even captured by a TV crew as it materialized through a wall.
    More to come...

Bol'd over

Default Re: More "ghost" pictures and the stories behind them

I have absolutely no information about this picture other than it's been an extremely popular ghost photo for several years now. Some say that the cloaked figures are nothing but reflections while others claim they are genuine ghosts. What do YOU think?

This is, unfortunately, another picture that I have zero information on. However, the lack of information is eclipsed by the clarity of what appears to be the apparition of a young man or boy standing in the door and looking at the camera... almost as if he's standing guard or greeting a new guest.

When this picture of our band Myth was taken at the back of an abandoned ranch, there was nothing unusual about it. But after developing the film they noticed an unusual faint figure beside the pillar at the back of this particular picture.

According to the band, an early band member died in a tragic car accident while they were on the way to a stage performance. Jimmy, the bassist, was driving the van. All escaped with minor injuries but Jimmy was unfortunate. After some months they went to shoot for a music video in that abandoned ranch and, after shooting, took some photographs. When we saw the picture, the only one that included all the band members, they first thought that the figure at the back was one of the crew members but were assured none of the crew members were in the shot.

Is it the spirit of Jimmy still wanting his place in the band?

This photo of the White Lady of Roslin. The ghost is standing beside the Apprentice Pillar in Rosslyn Chapel, Scotland (as featured in Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code), though she's usually to be found in nearby Rosslyn castle pointing the way to a secret treasure, which may be the legendary Holy Grail!

This picture was taken at Devil's Den in Gettysburg, PA, the site of one of the most bloody battles of the Civil War.
    Last edited by Manute for Ever!; 08-04-2009 at 10:43 AM.

i don't know if ghosts are real or not but this stuff is definitely interesting.

Bol'd over

In 2001 there was a fire at several warehouses in Monterrey, Mexico. News crews showed up to videotape the event and, when the cameramen made a slow review of the footage, they found what appears to be a Satanic face in the flames.

On can attribute this to coincidence as the human eye will often see faces where none exist, but the detail of this devil's grin is enough to make anyone look twice and think.

This picture was taken by an elderly lady in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee who told her relatives that there were "ghosts" in her back yard and that they would simply come out of the woods, walk around, and eventually disappear. Reportedly, the lady lives alone, she's over 80 years old, and she gets around using a walker therefore she had no desire - or means - to fake the picture.

This picture comes to us with the following story:

"About 8 months ago the picture that is attached to this email was taking at my home in California. My husband was in the Marine Corps and we lived on a small military installation. We had friends over for supper and ended up outside watching the guys playing football. A friend took this picture with her digital camera, you know the kind of camera where there is no film. So this picture can't be faulty film or anything like that. I am the one with the two children on the left hand side of the picture. Behind us is a "ghostly" figure. I mean this isnt the first time anything freaky like this happened. ALOT of things were going on around the house...things lost, kids waking in the middle of the night to unexplained sounds in their rooms, radios and CD players turning on for no reason, dog and cat acting VERY strange, etc. Needless to say, we are no longer at this house "

Gettysburg is probably one of the most haunted places in all of the United States. Visitors have reported seeing lights at night and some have even witnessed phantom soldiers fighting a battle that took place over 150 years ago.

The picture displayed here was taken by a tourist who claimed that the figure in period clothing that appeared in his photo was not there when it was taken. Upon closer inspection, it does appear to be a man in a Union uniform.

These amazing pictures were taken in Greencastle Indiana by paranormal investigators who were investigating an abandoned mansion on the outskirts of town. While one investigator entered the house, the other stayed outside to take pictures of the exterior of the ruined building.

The investigator on the inside became panicked by a feeling that he wasn't alone and began hearing what he described as a heartbeat next to his ear. The investigator quickly left the house and he and his colleague, spooked by the entire encounter, fled the area in a hurry.When the film was developed, three consecutive pictures showed a wispy figure bathed in a pink light in one of the windows while another picture showed the same figure at the backdoor.

When the pictures were analyzed by an expert, it was confirmed that the figure was on the negative and not the result of an anomaly or camera malfunction. Chillingly, when the photo was scanned and processed with a computer, the unmistakable form of a skull can be seen on the ghost's head.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Ghosts of Greencastle will forever be a secret because the mansion has since been torn down to make way for a cornfield.

During an investigation into a seemingly malevolent haunting, two investigators entered the house's attic to check out reports of strange sounds by the family. While in there, one of the investigators screamed out and the other took his terrifying picture of what they claim is the investigator being attacked by the entity.

As you can see, a cord is wrapped around the man's neck and he is being strangled. The man escaped and exited the attic with the piece of cord still wrapped around his neck.

The family in the house had moved out the night before due to the evil presence and it's hard to imagine this event convinced them to move back in.
    Last edited by Manute for Ever!; 08-04-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Bol'd over

When this picture was taken in 1983, the man was reportedly sitting his the pickup truck by himself. If this is true, why does there appear to be a child sitting in the back seat?

In 1959 a woman named Mrs. Mabel Chinnery visited the grave of her mother and brought along her camera to take photographs of the gravesite. She took a few pictures of her mother's gravestone and then took a picture of her husband who was sitting alone in their car.

At least, they thought he was alone.

When the film was developed, the couple was shocked to see a figure wearing glasses sitting in the back seat of the car. Mrs. Chinnery immediately recognized the woman as her mother - the very woman whose grave they had visited on that day. A photographic expert who examined the print and negative determined that the image of the woman was neither a reflection nor a double exposure and exactly how the deceased woman's image wound up in the back of the car has never been explained.

Terry Ike Clanton is an actor, recording artist and cowboy poet, and is also a cousin of the legendary Clanton Gang who clashed with the Earps and Doc Holliday at the famous gunfight at OK Corral. Clanton took this photo of his friend at Boot Hill Graveyard. Clanton took the film for developing to the local Thrifty Drug Store, and when he got it back was startled at what he saw. Among the gravestones, just to the right of his friend, is the image of what appears to be a thin man rising up out of the ground.

Clanton insists that no one else was in the cemetery at the time that the picture was taken. Interestingly, the figure in question appears to be casting a shadow in a completely different direction than everything else in the photo.

On November 19, 1995, Wem Town Hall in Shropshire, England burned to the ground. Tony O'Rahilly took photos of the spectacle with a 200mm telephoto lens from across the street. Amazingly, one of those photos shows what looks like a small girl standing in the doorway of the burning building. Nether O'Rahilly nor any of the other onlookers or firefighters recalled seeing the girl there.

In 1677, historical records note, a fire destroyed many of the town's old timber houses. A young girl named Jane Churm, the legends say, accidentally set fire to a thatched roof with a candle. Many believed her ghost haunted the area and had been seen on a few other occasions.

James Courtney and Michael Meehan, crew members of the S.S. Watertown, were cleaning a cargo tank of the oil tanker as it sailed toward the Panama Canal from New York City in December of 1924. Through a freak accident, the two men were overcome by gas fumes and killed. As was the custom of the time, the sailors were buried at sea off the Mexican coast on December 4.

But this was not the last the remaining crew members were to see of their unfortunate shipmates. The next day, before dusk, the first mate reported seeing the faces of the two men in the waves off the port side of the ship. They remained in the water for 10 seconds, then faded. For several days thereafter, the phantom-like faces of the sailors were clearly seen by other members of the crew in the water following the ship.

On arrival in New Orleans, the ship's captain, Keith Tracy, reported the strange events to his employers, the Cities Service Company, who suggested he try to photograph the eerie faces. Captain Tracy purchased a camera for the continuing voyage. When the faces again appeared in the water, Captain Tracy took six photos, then locked the camera and film in the ship's safe. When the film was processed by a commercial developer in New York, five of the exposures showed nothing but sea foam. But the sixth showed the ghostly faces of the doomed seamen. The negative was checked for fakery by the Burns Detective Agency.

After the ship's crew had been changed, there were no more reports of sightings.

This intriguing photo, taken in 1919, was first published in 1975 by Sir Victor Goddard, a retired R.A.F. officer. The photo is a group portrait of Goddard's squadron, which had served in World War I aboard the HMS Daedalus. An extra ghostly face appears in the photo. In back of the airman positioned on the top row, fourth from the left, can clearly be seen the face of another man. It is said to be the face of Freddy Jackson, an air mechanic who had been accidentally killed by an airplane propeller two days earlier. His funeral had taken place on the day this photograph was snapped. Members of the squadron easily recognized the face as Jackson's. It has been suggested that Jackson, unaware of his death, decided to show up for the group photo.

This portrait of "The Brown Lady" ghost is arguably the most famous and well-regarded ghost photograph ever taken. The ghost is thought to be that of Lady Dorothy Townshend, wife of Charles Townshend, 2nd Viscount of Raynham, residents of Raynham Hall in Norfolk, England in the early 1700s. The Raynham Hall mansion was the home of the Townshend family for over 300 years. Dorothy was the sister of Sir Robert Walpole, Charles' one-time partner with whom he had a falling-out. It was also rumored that Dorothy, before her marriage to Charles, had been the mistress of Lord Wharton, "whose character was so infamous, and his lady's complaisant subserviency so notorious, that no young woman could be four and twenty hours under their roof with safety to her reputation." Charles suspected Dorothy of infidelity. And although according to legal records she died and was buried in 1726, it was suspected that the funeral was a sham and that Charles had locked his wife away in a remote corner of the house until her death many years later.

Dorothy's ghost is said to haunt the oak staircase and other areas of Raynham Hall. In the early 1800s, King George IV, while staying at Raynham, saw the figure of a woman in a brown dress standing beside his bed, noting that her face was pale and hair disheveled. She was seen again standing in the hall in 1835 by Colonel Loftus, who was visiting for the Christmas holidays. He saw her again a week later and described her as wearing a brown satin dress, her skin glowing with a pale luminescence. It also seemed to him that her eyes had been gouged out. A few years later, Captain Frederick Marryat and two friends saw "the brown lady" gliding along an upstairs hallway, carrying a lantern. As she passed, Marryat said, she grinned at the men in a "diabolical manner." Marryat fired a pistol at the apparition, but the bullet simply passed through.

The famous photo above was taken in September, 1936 by Captain Provand and Indre Shira, two photographers who were assigned to photograph Raynham Hall for Country Life magazine. This is what happened, according to Shira:

"Captain Provand took one photograph while I flashed the light. He was focusing for another exposure; I was standing by his side just behind the camera with the flashlight pistol in my hand, looking directly up the staircase. All at once I detected an ethereal veiled form coming slowly down the stairs. Rather excitedly, I called out sharply: 'Quick, quick, there's something.' I pressed the trigger of the flashlight pistol. After the flash and on closing the shutter, Captain Provand removed the focusing cloth from his head and turning to me said: 'What's all the excitement about?'"
    Upon developing the film, the image of The Brown Lady ghost was seen for the first time. It was published in the December 16, 1936 issue of Country Life. The ghost has been seen occasionally since.

Rev. Ralph Hardy, a retired clergyman from White Rock, British Columbia, took this now-famous photograph in 1966. He intended merely to photograph the elegant spiral staircase (known as the "Tulip Staircase") in the Queen's House section of the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, England. Upon development, however, the photo revealed a shrouded figure climbing the stairs, seeming to hold the railing with both hands. Experts, including some from Kodak, who examined the original negative concluded that it had not been tampered with. It's been said that unexplained figures have been seen on occasion in the vicinity of the staircase, and unexplained footsteps have also been heard.
    This photo isn't the only evidence of ghostly activity at the Queen's House. The 400-year-old building is credited with several other apparitions and phantom footsteps even today. Recently, a Gallery Assistant was discussing a tea break with two colleagues when he saw one of the doors to the Bridge Room close by itself. At first he thought it was one of the lecturers. "Then I saw a woman glide across the balcony, and pass through the wall on the west balcony," he said. "I couldn't believe what I saw. I went very cold and the hair on my arms and my neck stood on end. We all dashed through to the Queen's Presents Room and looked down towards the Queen's Bedroom. Something passed through the ante-room and out through the wall. Then my colleagues all froze too. The lady was dressed in a white-grey color crinoline type dress."

Other ghostly goings-on include the unexplained choral chanting of children, the figure of a pale woman frantically mopping blood at the bottom of the Tulip Staircase (it's said that 300 years ago a maid was thrown from the highest banister, plunging 50 feet to her death), slamming doors, and even tourists being pinched by unseen fingers.

Bol'd over

This photo was taken during an investigation of Bachelor's Grove cemetery near Chicago by the Ghost Research Society (GRS). On August 10, 1991, several members of of the GRS were at the cemetery, a small, abandoned graveyard on the edge of the Rubio Woods Forest Preserve, near the suburb of Midlothian, Illinois. Reputed to be one of the most haunted cemeteries in the U.S., Bachelor's Grove has been the site of well over 100 different reports of strange phenomena, including apparitions, unexplained sights and sounds, and even glowing balls of light.

GRS member Mari Huff was taking black and white photos with a high-speed infrared camera in an area where the group had experienced some anomalies with their ghost-hunting equipment. The cemetery was empty, except for the GRS members. When developed, this image emerged: what looks like a lonely-looking young woman dressed in white sitting on a tombstone. Parts of her body are partially transparent and the style of the dress seems to be out of date.
    Other ghosts reportedly seen in Bachelor's Grove include figures in monks' clothes and the spirit of a glowing yellow man.

A strange legend surrounds a railroad crossing just south of San Antonio, Texas. The intersection of roadway and railroad track, so the story goes, was the site of a tragic accident in which several school-aged children were killed - but their ghosts linger at the spot and will push idled cars across the tracks, even though the path is uphill.

The story may be just the stuff of urban legend, but the accounts were intriguing enough that I wrote an article about the phenomenon, "The Haunted Railroad Crossing." The article included a photograph submitted by Andy and Debi Chesney. Their daughter and some of her friends had recently been to the crossing to test the legend, and she took some photographs. Inexplicably, a strange, transparent figure turned up in one of the photos. "They had no idea that it was in the picture until the next day when I printed out the picture and showed them," said the Chesneys. "It was really freaky. It appears to be a little girl carrying a teddy bear."

This photograph was taken in 1963 by Reverend K. F. Lord at Newby Church in North Yorkshire, England. It has been a controversial photo because it is just too good. The shrouded face and the way it is looking directly into the camera makes it look like it was posed – a clever double exposure. Yet supposedly the photo has been scrutinized by photo experts who say the image is not the result of a double exposure.
    The Reverend Lord has said of the photo that nothing was visible to the naked eye when he took the snapshot of his altar. Yet when the film was developed, standing there was this strange cowled figure.

The Newby Church was built in 1870 and, as far as anyone knows, did not have a history of ghosts, hauntings or other peculiar phenomena. Those why have carefully analyzed the proportions of the objects in the photo calculated that the specter is about nine feet tall!"

In 2003 Closed-circuit security cameras at Hampton Court Palace, the huge Tudor castle outside London, seem to have snagged an ethereal visitor. Could it be a ghost?
    "We're baffled too -- it's not a joke, we haven't manufactured it," said Vikki Wood, a Hampton Court spokeswoman, when asked if the photo the palace released was a Christmas hoax. "We genuinely don't know who it is or what it is."

Wood said security guards had seen the figure in closed-circuit television footage after checking it to see who kept leaving open one of the palace's fire doors.

In the still photograph, the figure of a man in a robe-like garment is shown stepping from the shadowy doorway, one arm reaching out for the door handle.

The area around the man is somewhat blurred, and his face appears unnaturally white compared with his outstretched hand.

"It was incredibly spooky because the face just didn't look human," said James Faukes, one of the palace security guards.

"My first reaction was that someone was having a laugh, so I asked my colleagues to take a look. We spoke to our costumed guides, but they don't own a costume like that worn by the figure. It is actually quite unnerving," Faukes said.

Sefton Church is an ancient structure (started in the 12th century and finished in the early 16th century) in Merseyside, England, just north of Liverpool. This particular photograph was taken inside the church in September, 1999.

According to Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits and Haunted Places, where this photo was found, there was only one other photographer in the church beside the person who took this picture. Neither of them recalled seeing the ghost or any flesh-and-blood person standing there who could account for this image. Because the figure is all in black, it has been theorized that the apparition could be that of a church minister.

A Toys 'R Us located in Sunnyvale, California was the scene of inexplicable events such as items falling off shelves, strange feelings by employees, cold spots and other strange paranormal happenings. The story made it's way to a television show called "That's Incredible" hosted by Fran Tarkenton, Kathy Lee Crosby and John Davidson. They contacted a local California psychic, Sylvia Brown and professional photographers to document a seance in the store. Using both infrared and high-speed film, a photographer from Alpha Labs took simultaneous pictures of the empty isle where Brown was attempting to contact the presence of Johnny Johnston, a young boy in love with a local girl. He bled to death after a farm accident and it's thought that his ghost now haunts the store's location. One infrared shot taken clearly shows a young man leaning against a counter with his hands in his pockets. It did not show up on the high-speed film taken at precisely the same instant!
    Last edited by Manute for Ever!; 08-04-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Banned

face on mars

There's no such thing as ghosts.

Bol'd over

Many ghosts roam the halls of this bed and breakfast, built in 1796 by General David Bradford. There have been ten murders in the house, plus at least one suicide. A frequent visitor is the ghost of Chloe, a former slave hung for murdering two little girls. General Bradford's son-in-law, Clarke Woodruff, cut off the black woman's ear for eavesdropping, and she took her revenge by mixing oleander into the children's birthday cake. Ghosts from the slave graveyard on the property still report for chores and the ghosts of the two children poisoned by Chloe play on the verandah. This photograph shows what many believe to be the ghost of Chloe seen standing between the two buildings.

This photograph was by Jackie Rhame of Florian, Alabama during a visit to a Six Flags Great America Amusement Park in Arlington, Texas. It clearly shows a semi-transparent figure of a little boy in the grass dressed in a red sweater with a white collar or shirt. The camera was a C- 126 and it was misting rain and humid outside. She was simply taking a picture of the Texas Giant.
    One attraction on the Six Flags Texas property is also refuted to be haunted. The Spee-Lunker Cave (now known as the lame-o Yosemite Sam ride) was reputed to be the location of many strange occurrences. One worker managed to capture strange voices coming from the ride late one night.

These frames of video were filmed at an abandoned Utah schoolhouse. In it, you can see an apparition of a girl in a dress walk in front of the ghosthunters in the hallway. The people who were a part of this investigation swear that they were alone and that no one in their group was wearing a dress. It appears that they did not notice the girl until they saw the tape later.

Borley Rectory was reputed to be the most haunted house in the UK. The rectory was built by the Rev. Henry D. E. Bull in 1863 near the river Stour, Essex, to house himself, his wife and their 14 children. However the rectory burnt down in a fire started in mysterious circumstances in 1939.

The most popular story to the background of Borley was that in 1362 Benedictine Monks built a monastery on the site which would later hold the rectory. Legend told of a nun from the Bures convent, 7 miles southeast of Borley falling in love with a monk from the monastery. They had decided to elope to be together, but the elders discovered their plans. A friend of the monk was to drive a carriage to help them escape. On the fateful night they were captured by the elders. The coachman was beheaded, the monk hanged and the nun was bricked up alive in the walls of the vaults beneath the rectory. Their ghosts have haunted the site ever since.
    During 1944 LIFE magazine researched an article on Borley Rectory. Whilst photographing the final demolition of the rectory, the photographer took pictures showing a brick rise from the rubble in the doorway. Skeptics say that it was merely a brick that had been thrown by a nearby workman and accidentally captured by the photographer. Others say it was a final show by the rectory's ghosts.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
    There's no such thing as ghosts.
    Thinking "what if" is fun, however...

Bol'd over

This is a color photograph that was taken in the Australian outback by the Reverend R.S. Blance at Corroboree Rock, located 100 miles from Alice Springs. The photo was taken in 1959.
    According to the legends of the site, the place was known for being a spot where the Aborigine tribesmen carried out terrible ceremonies in the past. According to the minister, there was no other human activity in the area at the time the photo was taken.

This photo was taken by Gordon Carroll of Northampton , England, in 1964. According to Carroll, the church of was empty at the time this photograph was taken and the kneeling figure that appears in the photo was not visible.

This photo was taken from the Willard Cam. The gray lady has been seen in several areas of the Library since the 1930's a lady who is dressed in gray, early 1800's style clothing: A long gray dress, high-topped shoes, a gray hat and veil, or just a shawl.

This photograph was taken by a visitor to the Estry Church in Sandwich, Kent in 1956. Eventually, the photo and the story behind it appeared in the magazine Mas Alla where the photographer insisted that only he, his wife and a cleaning lady were present in the church at the time the photo was taken.

While investigating a horrific haunting in his own home, the photographer snapped this picture of his bathroom mirror. The developed photograph was chilling in that it revealed two disembodied heads around the top of the mirror, each with glowing eyes
    The photographer was alone when this picture was taken and researchers cannot offer any explanation for it short of fraud.

Bol'd over

The origin of this terrifying picture is under some dispute, but the general consensus is that it is a photo taken during an investigation into the hauntings in Amityville New York. When the photos were studied someone noticed a little boy peeking around a staircase railing.
    The little boy is believed to be the ghost of the younger of the DeFeo boys who had been murdered in the house by their own brother who claimed to be possessed by an evil spirit.
    The first time that picture was shown was on the Merv Griffin show back in 1979. It was discovered 3 years after it was taken. Gene Campbell, who was a professional photographer, was brought into the house in 1976 when the Warrens went in with their team. He set up an automatic camera on the 2nd floor landing that shot off infrared film, black and white, throughout the night. There are literally rolls of film with nothing on them. There's only one picture of the little boy. In 1979, I was putting together a book that has yet to be published that included the photographs. The secretary I had at the time was about eight months pregnant. We had dozens of these pictures to choose from that didn't have the boy, and she asked me: "Which one should we put in the book?" I told her to just pick one. She came running back into my office about 5 minutes later saying that every time she picked up the photograph with the boy, the baby kicked her. We then asked my kids if they knew who this was. Missy said it was the little boy she used to play with in the house. I then called the Warrens and the photographer and let them know about the picture."

The home was purchased by the Lutz family who fled 29 days later after a horrific haunting that was eventually retold in the movie The Amityville Horror. George Lutz passed away in 2006.

The chilling story allegedly began Dec. 18, 1975, when Lutz, his new bride Kathleen and her three kids moved into a suspiciously cheap ($80,000 for 4,000 square feet) waterside Dutch Colonial house in Amityville on the southern shore of Long Island. Twenty-eight days later, they feld in terror.

As it turned out, six members of the family who used to live there, the DeFeos, had been shot to death in various rooms of the house about a year earlier. The family's eldest son, 23-year-old Ronald DeFeo, was later convicted of the murders of his parents and four siblings and sentenced to life in prison. He mounted an insanity defense, claiming an evil presence in the house told him to off his family, but a jury ruled he knew what he had done was a bit on the horribly wrong side.

According to George and Kathy's retelling of what happened during the four weeks they lived at 112 Ocean Ave., these are some of the events that spurred them to get the hell out of there:

* George would mysteriously wake up at 3:15 a.m. every night, which turned out to be the approximate time of the DeFeo murders.

* Their youngest daughter, Missy, started playing with an imaginary friend named Jodie, the name of the littlest DeFeo killed that night (represented as a really freaky pig in the 1979 film The Amityville Horror).

* The priest whom they called upon to bless the house after learning about its past claimed to hear an ungodly voice telling him to "get out."

* Windows and doors slammed and unlocked themselves.

And if you can live with all that, here's the kicker: Green slime supposedly dripped from the walls and ceiling.

The creepy travails of the Lutz family inspired a hit film in 1979 starring James Brolin and Margot Kidder as the unlucky newlyweds. A lesser Amityville Horror with Ryan Reynolds came out in 2005. The remake only scared up about $65 million at the box office, compared to the original version's $86.4 million.

The real-life couple penned their own account of the tale in 1977 and The Amityville Horror: A True Story by Jay Anson followed a year later.

Lutz became a cult figure in his own right, attracting both the believers and the skeptics in droves. He has been accused of intentionally moving into the Ocean Avenue house to profit from the DeFeo murders. Lutz actually sued MGM last year, angry about the remake's depiction of what supposedly happened during those 28 days. (I.e. he never tried to mutilate his loved ones in real life). However, in an interview last year, he said he has only made about $300,000 off of the entire affair.

"People are disrespecting a true story," he told People. "It's my family's story and it's hurtful."

Kathy Lutz died in 2004 of emphysema while the second Amityville Horror was in production. She and George divorced in the late 1980s but remained close until her death at 57. George Lutz passed away in 2006.

코비=GOAT

Videos would be cooler.

Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

I don't believe in ghosts. Sorry to say it, but I just don't believe in them. Even if they existed, I wouldn't be nearly as afraid of them as LIVE ppl.

Banned

BUMP for Halloween.