Default Grand Theft Auto 3 came out 2 years before LeBron James even entered the NBA

Came out in 2001... When MJ came back and Shaq and Kobe were winning titles together. Holy shit... that game doesn't seem that old to me... I remember playing that like it was yesterday and being in awe of how huge and detailed the world was, and how cinematic it was. It was the most immersive game I had played up until that point. The game still doesn't seem that old to me...

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 3 came out 2 years before LeBron James even entered the NBA

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto 3 came out 2 years before LeBron James even entered the NBA

george w bush just started his FIRST term in office.

it was also the period of the first dot com crash.

it was hella long ago.

GTA 3 was such a huge game changer. Probably the biggest jump we'll ever see from a previous game of the series. It was the switch to the 3D era.

There was a weird 3Dness to everything that made fighting people and firing guns feel totally different than other GTA games. Plus the dark atmosphere+the carry over of the lights of cars passing by....very memorable. you'd fire and you'd see the gray lines and shit whizz by, you'd punch somebody or hit them with a bat and they'd fall over funny as hell. And of course not so far from the hospital in the 1st island there was a car dealership where you could bust through the glass and make off with a sportscar.

My only complaint is that the 3rd island doesn't really have much at all to it, and (as a kid at least) certain parts of the story were confusing

Home of the 16

Exclamation Re: Grand Theft Auto 3 came out 2 years before LeBron James even entered the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

Came out in 2001... When MJ came back and Shaq and Kobe were winning titles together. Holy shit... that game doesn't seem that old to me... I remember playing that like it was yesterday and being in awe of how huge and detailed the world was, and how cinematic it was. It was the most immersive game I had played up until that point. The game still doesn't seem that old to me...
    I agree, though, I don't know if it was because it's my first GTA game, but it was just that special & how one could truly see how iconic/memorable (exaggerating a little) the map/world is. I loved the theme of III & Vice City -- 90's Miami, font, etc (It had its similarities). It was coming to an end (real-life & the movies theme-wise, or I'm just naive when it comes to that topic) & the games were a way of a tribute. Perfect timing if you ask me, I don't think they'll be able to bring that back. If so, it has to be ten times better than Vice City & San Andreas combined. I see where they went w/ GTA V, but it wasn't as memorable compared to SA, Vice City or III -- but the graphics were good, I was surprised.

Sort of off-topic: But zombie/survival related games took over. Especially now that they're releasing more & more Class A open-world survival games. Ark Survival is one of them, & it's not even remotely close to peaking yet. Every week, they dish out updates -- Whether if it's new dinosaurs, hot patch/fix along w/ a new dino, new items. Players have found new ways of looking forward to w/out spending another dime for a game.

Check out a competitive gameplay footage of Ark Survival, btw.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 04-02-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs
    GTA 3 was such a huge game changer. Probably the biggest jump we'll ever see from a previous game of the series. It was the switch to the 3D era.
    Yea, and before that i was into driver series. wasnt gta 3 based on driver? anyways, probably the game i played the most on ps1/x. who remembers this ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RonJdn4mexQ
    happiness when i completed this cant be worded

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola_
    Yea, and before that i was into driver series. wasnt gta 3 based on driver? anyways, probably the game i played the most on ps1/x. who remembers this ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RonJdn4mexQ
    happiness when i completed this cant be worded
    Before that it was CS and GTA2 for me, the multiplayer on GTA2 was fun as well

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

I remember having nba inside drive 2000. Vince Carter's dunks in that game were so fun at the time