Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Kobe Bryant's finals performances: He's not all that great.

kobe is great and all, top 20 all time maybe

but nobody except for kobe d!ck slurpers ever put him in the same breathe as the true legends

Quote Originally Posted by imlmf
    kobe is great and all, top 20 all time maybe

but nobody except for kobe d!ck slurpers ever put him in the same breathe as the true legends
    Actually most rank him in the top 10 apart from sad people who try and discredit him like this idiot troll griffin who does nothing but troll. He will be banned soon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Dirk
    I expected him to explode several times in the finals based on the hype and actually looked forward to it. But he never did.
    same but i mean he had GAMES where he went off... never ful series he just always has 1 or 2 meh or bad games that brings everything down.............

National High School Star

Kobe was very poor in his first NBA finals. He played bad every game except for 1 great game when Shaq fouled out, I think that was a double OT game. Pretty sure he had a 4-20 game and game after game he took really bad shots. That is how Kobe has been until the latter part of his career though.

He was absolutely garbage in the 04 Pistons series. He shot horribly but worst of all he was a very bad teammate. Very frustrating series to watch. I'd say out of the 7 trips to the NBA finals, he's had maybe 2 solid series.

I believe Kobe's FG% has been in the 30%-39% range for 17 out of his 39 career finals games, nearly half of his games. People often forget what the young boneheaded Kobe played like. He was a bad teammate and took bad shots too often. Shaq was so ridiculous and the team had a lot of good role players so they still won a 3 peat, but I really thought that team should have been able to win 5 in a row. Kobe just wasn't mature enough at the time. It's sort of crazy to think about. As great as Kobe is, it wasn't until about 2007 where he started to play the game more "correctly" Phil Jackson said it in his own words, Kobe wasn't ready to be a leader until his 12th season in the league. That is basically Phil's quote.

As for the Wade mention, yes, it should be common knowledge and not even debatable that Wade's 06 finals run is the greatest performance in the finals for a perimeter player since Jordan. It's not even a discussion.

This isn't about who is better or anything. It's fact that Kobe has been subpar ever since his first trip to the finals.

I dare people here to go back and watch those series. Kobe was a totally different player, he took really bad shots out of the offense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Actually most rank him in the top 10 apart from sad people who try and discredit him like this idiot troll griffin who does nothing but troll. He will be banned soon.

LOL not if you go out to the real world and outside the kobe d!ck slurping cult between kaiiu, Mr.Jabbar, Jack4 and the likes. His finals performance says it all, he's not on the same level as Bird/Magic/Jordan

Banned

LOL not if you go out to the real world and outside the kobe d!ck slurping cult between kaiiu, Mr.Jabbar, Jack4 and the likes. His finals performance says it all, he's not on the same level as Bird/Magic/Jordan
    of course not those are top 5 players of all time. Kobe doesn't even have an argument for being top 5 but he damn sure is right there with Shaq/Duncan/Hakeem on the second half of the top 10

Who said Kobe is in the top 3? Most would rank him anywhere from 7-10 right now

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    of course not those are top 5 players of all time. Kobe doesn't even have an argument for being top 5 but he damn sure is right there with Shaq/Duncan/Hakeem on the second half of the top 10
    I wouldn't say he doesn't have a case, by accolades, record breaking, longevity, and being a great all-around player for most of his career you could make a case, As for me i have him in the 6-10 range.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    I wouldn't say he doesn't have a case, by accolades, record breaking, longevity, and being a great all-around player for most of his career you could make a case, As for me i have him in the 6-10 range.
    I may have overstated it but either way you agree that he belongs in the second half of the top ten I personally have him 9th

I hit 30-footers

O'Neal is probably the best Finals performer of all-time, at least among those with multiple appearances. The only series he wasn't mind boggling great in was 2006. In the 95 loss, he put up 28/13 on 60%. In 04, 27/11 on 63%. 2000-2002 everybody knows the drill.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    I'd say out of the 7 trips to the NBA finals, he's had maybe 2 solid series.

Really? I can name 4. I didn't think his '01 and '10 series were bad at all. I don't why people suggest they were either. The only thing you could really point to being off would be his FG%. He still contributed 25/8/6 in the series against Philly and played some great defense. Let's not forget he was very facing a great defensive team at the time.

People saying Kobe had a bad series in '10 puts me off as well. He outplayed everyone else in that series. He was a factor in every game which is something you can't say about any other player. I don't know why people were expecting him to put up the same numbers he did against Phoenix considering his physical state and the defense Boston plays.

In '00 he was injured for a good part of it. '04 was bad. '08 wasn't that bad. His team was clearly outmatched. Kobe ran out of gas towards the end.

Serious playground baller

Lol at retards that use FG% as a basis for saying that Kobe had a bad series. Go back and look at MJ's FG % in the Finals for the 2nd 3-peat. Do we care that he shot in the low 40's or that his team still won?

Quote Originally Posted by caliman
    Lol at retards that use FG% as a basis for saying that Kobe had a bad series. Go back and look at MJ's FG % in the Finals for the 2nd 3-peat. Do we care that he shot in the low 40's or that his team still won?
    Of course not. Just more double standards.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Kobe doesn't have a whole bunch of bad finals, what he does have is a whole bunch of finals performances not living up to the hype and expectations the media and his stans have put on him...his lack of epic moments in the finals is what is so mind boggling, u would think a guy with that much talent would have something memorable...but he doesn't. Kobe is a all time great, let's not kill the dude for every damn thing...his lack of memorable/dominant finals performances is what keeps him out of the top 5 players of all time