Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-26-2011, 05:41 AM   #16
Chicago Brawls
I rule the local playground

Default Re: if rose wins mvp i will stop caring about MVP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
man all i see u bulls/rose fans is just making butthurt comments

why not give ur insight? WHY DO U THINK ROSE SHOULD WIN THE MVP OVER THOSE GUYS?

TELL ME............. IM VERY CURIOUS TO KNOW....

Yeah right. You want a rational debate now. Right.

It's not like we've been talking about this ALL SEASON LONG.

Derrick Rose should win the MVP because he put his team where everybody thought it was impossible for him to put.

He improved his play to levels all the haters can't believe in because for months they kept saying the kid couldn't do this (shoot, etc.) or do that (draw fouls, etc.).

Now they hate because reality is proving them wrong.

Go ahead and talk about his efficiency and his team's defense all you want. That doesn't tell the whole tale as someone that has ever watched a Bulls game surely knows.
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #17

I think LeBron is the real MVP, but then again I base it on who the best player is. However, I think Kobe's going to win it. If the Bulls and Lakers finish with the same record, voters are going to give it to Kobe. I'm a Kobe fan but I'm not sure I want him to win it. Unlike the TS, I stopped caring about the MVP after Kobe didn't win it in 05/06 and 06/07 when he was absolutely the best player, way above everyone else. Now...I don't care. LeBron is the best, he should win it but I think Kobe probably will. For Rose to win, Bulls have to finish with a better record than the Lakers and I don't see that happening.
0000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #18
monkeypox
National High School Star

Eh, it's maybe the weakest MVP in recent memory, but what can you do? Some years you get like 4 legit candidates, other years you have to really convince yourself that even one player is worthy. It goes the same with championships, some years the playoffs are stacked, and other years it feels like a team wins just because it has to. That's why I think it's worthless to just compare stats between players and teams because the circumstances are so different from year to year.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:53 AM   #19
monkeypox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0000000
I think LeBron is the real MVP, but then again I base it on who the best player is. However, I think Kobe's going to win it. If the Bulls and Lakers finish with the same record, voters are going to give it to Kobe. I'm a Kobe fan but I'm not sure I want him to win it. Unlike the TS, I stopped caring about the MVP after Kobe didn't win it in 05/06 and 06/07 when he was absolutely the best player, way above everyone else. Now...I don't care. LeBron is the best, he should win. I think Kobe probably will.

I highly doubt it unless there's some singular moment where Kobe kills it and Rose falters towards the end of the year. The consensus is Rose. There was an article a while back, but lots of reporters don't like Kobe. Some of them admitted they wouldn't vote for him even if they thought he deserved it because they didn't like him personally. (There was that one year where he was 2nd place in 1st place votes, but ended up like 5th overall because of the number of reporters that left him off the list all together in favor of guys like eric dampier.) The media is desperate to crown the next best thing because they've decided that the Wade/James generation has failed them. Durant has fallen off, so all that's left as a legit candidate is Rose. All this talk about how much better the team is but they don't mention that some of the other players have stepped up and they've added Boozer. Rose is the safe choice.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:54 AM   #20
asdf1990
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
Yeah right. You want a rational debate now. Right.

It's not like we've been talking about this ALL SEASON LONG.

Derrick Rose should win the MVP because he put his team where everybody thought it was impossible for him to put.

He improved his play to levels all the haters can't believe in because for months they kept saying the kid couldn't do this (shoot, etc.) or do that (draw fouls, etc.).

Now they hate because reality is proving them wrong.

Go ahead and talk about his efficiency and his team's defense all you want. That doesn't tell the whole tale as someone that has ever watched a Bulls game surely knows.

he is shooting 44% from the field. He certainly has a bright future but he is not MVP right now. I have seen countless games where he goes 6-22. 7-21, 8-28 and the bulls still win. Now u will say he makes the last bucket to win games, that's like glass half empty half full thing, would the bulls be that close if he decided to give some of those shots up to deng and boozer when he was cold?

There is only one MVP right now and its Dwight, not kobe, wade or lebron, but dwight gets no respect from the NBA, refs or anyone.
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:04 AM   #21
Christofire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
he is shooting 44% from the field. He certainly has a bright future but he is not MVP right now. I have seen countless games where he goes 6-22. 7-21, 8-28 and the bulls still win. Now u will say he makes the last bucket to win games, that's like glass half empty half full thing, would the bulls be that close if he decided to give some of those shots up to deng and boozer when he was cold?

There is only one MVP right now and its Dwight, not kobe, wade or lebron, but dwight gets no respect from the NBA, refs or anyone.

and you havent seen kobe do the same?....Kevin durnat started off the first 2 and a 1/2 months of the season with hose types of shooting nights.I've never heard so much disgust surrounding 44% from the field. this is 44% people this is by no means a bad fg% never has been never will.
Christofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:06 AM   #22
Christofire
Banned

Quote:

Dwight Howard?....are you serious?. he's under achieving with what he;s surrounded with. There's no reason why The magic's record shouldn't be better.
Christofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:12 AM   #23
Chicago Brawls

Quote:

Since when FG% is the key factor in the MVP race?

Even with Boozer, Deng, Noah and Thibs nobody predicted the Bulls to be #1 in the East. They are there because Rose has elevated his game to another level.

Dwight's team is right where everybody predicted them to be (well many predicted them in #3, sorry about that). I guess Dwight is not that valuable.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:17 AM   #24
Clocian-IGN
Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose

so many sore haters . they can't sleep because a 25/8/4 player with the best record in the east is in the lead for mvp. i wonder if people will comit suicide if he wins
Clocian-IGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #25
davidenk0
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I agree with you, even Nash was a better MVP.
davidenk0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #26
sbw19
Good college starter

Then you should've stopped caring ever since Iverson won back in 01. His numbers were hardly spectacular, Rose's numbers this season by comparison has him outshot %-wise across all catergories, plus out-rebounded and out-assisted despite having played 5 more minutes per game. The primary reason why Iverson won MVP was the same why Rose will win it this year: his team overachieved by winning the east (he missed 11 games mind you unlike Rose) and he was the undisputed team leader. Difference being this Chicago team has more scoring firepower and the east now much stronger than it was back then. And btw, that season Shaq averaged 29/13/4/3 rounded and the Lakers led the competitive west and still didn't win, because he won MVP the year before and the Lakers were where they should be that season, the Sixers were not.
sbw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:38 AM   #27
monkeypox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
Since when FG% is the key factor in the MVP race?

Even with Boozer, Deng, Noah and Thibs nobody predicted the Bulls to be #1 in the East. They are there because Rose has elevated his game to another level.

Dwight's team is right where everybody predicted them to be (well many predicted them in #3, sorry about that). I guess Dwight is not that valuable.

except usually that criteria is used for coach of the year, not MVP which I think Thibs deserves. Having a surprising season isn't usually what people use as criteria for MVP, particularly when there has been some changes to the team since last year. I think he's going to get it, and I don't think he's that bad of a choice, but he's hardly worthy of the consensus vote that he appears to be getting right now. Dwight, LeBron and even Kobe I think should be getting some consideration.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #28
Chicago Brawls

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
except usually that criteria is used for coach of the year, not MVP which I think Thibs deserves. Having a surprising season isn't usually what people use as criteria for MVP, particularly when there has been some changes to the team since last year. I think he's going to get it, and I don't think he's that bad of a choice, but he's hardly worthy of the consensus vote that he appears to be getting right now. Dwight, LeBron and even Kobe I think should be getting some consideration.

I'm not talking about evolution from one season to the other. Yes, that's the business of the COY.

I'm talking about evolution from expectations to reality. And that is the business of the MVP. He is the guy that's doing more (#1 in the East) with less (the team that was supposed to be fighting with the Bucks for the division ).
Old 03-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #29
d.bball.guy
Kobe for President

You're a LeBron fan, right?

Just a simple question: What if Rose wins this year's MVP and LeBron wins it next season, will you care about the MVP again?
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:57 AM   #30
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

Dirk hasn't played better. He's probably the worst rebounder to ever play meaningful minutes at PF and is also terrible defensively. One way players don't deserve to win MVP. (seriously, 6.9 rebounds/game at 7 feet?)

Dwight's team stinks and he's also a black hole. On offense all he does is score. His pitiful 1 assist/game average is proof of that. The Bulls offense would suffer WAY more without Rose than the Magic's would without Howard. Why? Because like I said, the Bulls miss Rose's playmaking (only playmaker on the team) AND his scoring, whereas the Magic just miss Dwight's scoring.

Kobe has way more help than Rose and a worse record. Yeah right.

And Wade's overrated arse? Hahahaha. Wade is nothing more than a coattail riding Robin who was too scared to be the Batman of his team. He's not even the second most valuable player in his own division lol. Wade doesn't belong in this discussion.

Same with LeBron. Overrated foo is sitting in third place and he deserves MVP?
2010splash is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: