Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-28-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

Default 2018 - 2019 Season General Discussion

11-7 with a lethal stretch upcoming. So far Pistons have beat who they were supposed to beat and played close the teams they should play close. I was a staunch SVG defender, but Casey has already proved to be a marked improvement.

If the pistons get to November with above a .500 record then they are a serious threat for a 4-6 seed in the East.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:49 PM   #2
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2018 - 2019 Season General Discussion

I really like SVG as a person. I was against him as a coach. Hearing him now on the Lebatard show on Thursdays (ESPN radio), he says so much smart stuff and has such a great insight on the game. I thought that before when he was on there in between coaching jobs. But then he gets to a team and makes such dumb moves. Part of Casey looking better is having Reggie full time. Not that Reggie is great, just he's a clear upgrade from any of the back ups. Here's what really makes SVG not look like he did as well as he could to me though. Take a look at what the Clippers are doing in the Western conference. They have 3 former Pistons playing major roles on that team. Guys who couldn't attain a winning record here. Now I don't expect the Clippers to keep this up all year long, but clearly there is a much smarter way how the players are being used. I still think we kinda lost that Blake Griffin trade. He was the best player but I liked Tobias. Much more cap friendly deal too....

Stanley Johnson has been playing a little better the past few games. Still consider him a bust at this point but at least there's a glimmer of promise. I give Casey credit on using the younger guys better.

This team is still pretty mediocre just as I thought. I don't see a way to get out of it either. Maybe the Pistons do the same thing and somehow bring in that crazy contract of John Wall. An upgrade from Reggie but still can't shoot outside. It wouldn't put them at the top of the conference, but would at least be interesting. Then at least we could all talk about all the money they burned away
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: