Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-06-2018, 11:45 PM   #31
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Default Re: that new season of Narcos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Bro, American cops get shit on by the rest of the world as being too quick to use lethal force

And you can't really blame cops here, you either turn the other way and make a few thousand bucks a month more and nothing happens to you nor your family since even government official higher ups are also on the take OR you're that one honest cop who gets tortured to death along with a family member or two...

And again, if Americans weren't so damn thirsty for drugs, we wouldn't be having these issues. Way too much money on the table.

I don't see how you can blame this on American's thirst for drugs. That's a victim mentality right there...you're not forced to kill people and sell drugs for money. If you are, that's on the Mexican system for not providing other economic pathways to succeed. Or preaching better values/culture.

The corruption mentioned in this thread is mostly white collar crime - there's still way more opportunity to succeed in the US then there is Mexico. Not cartels and mafias running the local town.

I just worked with a Mexican guy for three weeks here in Australia - he had never been in a first world country before. We walk around with our work coveralls on in public and he couldn't believe it. There's a high risk of being kidnapped for wearing that stuff in public in Mexico according to him. That shit doesn't happen in the US either.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:47 PM   #32
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
i mean Mexico is plagued by cartels, but america is plagued by capitalists. both countries bend over for someone/something.

Capitalists aren't killing people. You walk the streets fearing capitalists? You have a choice in the matter. You were able to move from one state to another and find a good job. How is that "being plagued?"

Capitalism has made everyone's lives better period.

Great show anyway...really glad I watch it before I head to playa del carmen for a few days.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:49 PM   #33
Vino24
Blunt stuntin’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Capitalists aren't killing people. You walk the streets fearing capitalists? You have a choice in the matter. You were able to move from one state to another and find a good job. How is that "being plagued?"

Great show anyway...really glad I watch it before I head to playa del carmen for a few days.
Kid is starting to sound like Justin blaming his laziness and lack of success on the people providing him opportunities
Vino24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:53 PM   #34
highwhey
me chingue tu morra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker

i didn't say they were? but they play a huge part in corrupt government officials (which is the topic here). remember the housing crisis? and how these bankers didn't even get a slap ont he wrist?
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:54 PM   #35
highwhey
me chingue tu morra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino24
Kid is starting to sound like Justin blaming his laziness and lack of success on the people providing him opportunities
why are u following me around on ISH? did i fvck your mother or something?
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:49 AM   #36
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
i didn't say they were? but they play a huge part in corrupt government officials (which is the topic here). remember the housing crisis? and how these bankers didn't even get a slap ont he wrist?

It's a false equivalency is all I'm saying. And the housing crisis can really be blamed on the federal reserve - not bankers.

That's not really "corruption" but just bad policy. And that's white collar crime. Not death in the bloody streets on a regular basis with individuals fearing for their lives.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:50 AM   #37
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino24

I like highwhey - the conservative and entrepreneurship side in him is there but just needs to stop denying it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: