Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-31-2010, 11:20 AM   #16
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How to turn this team around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
This is how it goes down. The Nets are going to have to get their leaders into an office once the lottery is over and decide what they're going to do. They have the following players to discuss:

Devin Harris
Keyon Dooling
Kris Humprhies
Yi Jianlian
Brook Lopez
Terrence Williams
Josh Boone
Courtney Lee
Chris Douglas-Roberts

They have them, plus 2 first round picks. Depending on how the ping balls bounce, the conversation they have will be very different. Not only that, but I think that if they get the 1st pick and John Wall, I think they do just about anything in their power to get another high pick to take either DeMarcus Cousins or Derrick Favors. That will probably involved trading Devin Harris, Yi, Dallas's pick, and a good amount of Prokhorov's money. At that point, going into free agency, this is their lineup:

John Wall/Keyon Dooling
Courtney Lee/Chris Douglas Roberts
Terrence Williams
DeMarcus Cousins/Kris Humphries
Brook Lopez

Then, they find a high profile coach. That high profile coach gets on a plane with John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Brook Lopez, Rod Thorn, Jay-Z and Mikhail Prokhorov get on a plane to Cleveland and make LeBron want to be a member of the Nets. By any means necessary. Then you stick LeBron James smack dab in the middle of that lineup listed above and make Terrence Williams your 6th man.

Still a pipe dream I know, but if they can get Wall at least, and go make a big pitch to LeBron, with Jay-Z there, and Prokhorov with is endless amount of money, I wouldn't put it past LeBron.

Now for my assessment: 1. Lebron James is not coming to NJ. They will be in the finals this year against the Lakers or the mavs, so why would he come here now? After he's won a ring and Maybe in 3 years i could see him coming to the NJ/NY area.

John Wall and Cousins. There's no denying that John Wall is special and will be a superstar in the NBA...however did anyone see the Kentucky loss to WV? both of these guys to me were not that impressive and definately were not clutch in this disapointing loss. That makes me believe that WALL although he will be Chris Paul status in a few years still needs mentoring. I dont think he is the instant answer right now. Then again, we have to see wat the lotto balls bring us. I could see Devin Harris and Evan Turner playing very well together. Ebanks in the later pick. But yea if we do get wall then obviously the harris trade talk would be realistic and at that point if i were harris i would ask to go to NY or LA.

Harris
Lee/Turner
Gay/TWILL
Stoudemire/LEE/EBANKS
Lopez

Realistic free agents i think would be Rudy Gay, David Lee, Stoudemire, and then look at someone for back up center like Ben Wallace or Drew Gooden

CDR should be packaged up along with Josh Boone and sent to Detroit or Memphis. Hassel...gone

YI and Humprhies u keep for ur bench. Hayes you keep. Dooling...depends on which way the lotto balls bounce but i say keep. Simmons gone! Battie Gone! Quinn stays

Last edited by JerzeyBlaze : 03-31-2010 at 11:23 AM.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #17
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How to turn this team around?

I would love Ekpe Udoh with our 2nd draft pick. That's partially the reason I didn't want to see Baylor go far in the tournament, because his stock would rise dramatically. He's long, he blocks shots like it's going out of business, and he has some sweet power moves. Him next to Brook would be awesome. He'd be the power guy if we cannot get Amare or any other big name power forward.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: