Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #31
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Default Re: drew gooden to the spurs

I like this pick and then again I don't. Drew Gooden has a nack for the basketball, and he has a nice little touch down the low block. But defense isin't exactly his fortee, he does try mind you, but I just don't know. The Spurs have everything they need, maybe they were missing another talented big man and now they have one. The Lakers and Spurs SemiFinals and I got the Spurs winning in 7.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #32
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieg
The power of the goatee is strong...

The power of the beard is stronger!

ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:45 PM   #33
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
We?
He also said "we" when making a post in the Raptors forum and I was equally as confused.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #34
mrpuente
pheelme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Yet the terrible ass FO known as the Lakers "staff" are sitting on their asses thinking everything is fine.
they were probably on the phone with their beetches in memphis.
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #35
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
He's a perfect fit for SA. Another light skinned, nice black guy

He has game. Don't listen to the haters. He has above average post moves, can hit the mid range with consistency, and can board and play better D than the haters pretend. I agree he'll lapse and be retarded sometimes, will have games where he's off and doesn't show up to play, but he can be a go to, and another finisher big man. If you haven't seen him play then i think you'll be pleasantly surprised given the hate he gets from Cav's fans mostly.

he doesn't play good D, jesus christ. EVERYONE on the board disagrees with you on this. every analyst disagrees with you on this. if you asked drew's mom she'd say son can ball but his D is suspect. PLEASE....
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #36
JohnnySic
green is good

This is a good pickup for the Spurs. Gooden will provide some post offense for when Duncan is sitting, and he's a good rebounder too. Matt Bonner basically sucks @$$. The Spurs have good depth up front now with TD, Gooden, Thomas, Oberto, and Bonner, which they'll need against the Lakers.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #37
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Yet the terrible ass FO known as the Lakers "staff" are sitting on their asses thinking everything is fine.

i read somewhere that its cause phil doesn't like adding players this late cause it takes them too long to learn the triangle and therefore wouldn't get many minutes anyway. out of all his years coaching, the only player i can think of that he added late and actually contributed was brian williams/bison dele in '97. I know they signed jim jackson a few seasons ago and ira newble last season both late in the season but neither did anything on the lakers probably due to the difficultly of learning the offense. so i can see why the lakers wouldnt bother trying to add someone.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #38
LA_Showtime
Magic Johnson

The Lakers never had a shot at getting Drew Gooden even if they were interested. Gooden is playing for his next contract, and frankly there are more minutes to be taken in San Antonio. Gooden wouldn't even get off of the bench if Bynum comes back healthy.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #39
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
he doesn't play good D, jesus christ. EVERYONE on the board disagrees with you on this. every analyst disagrees with you on this. if you asked drew's mom she'd say son can ball but his D is suspect. PLEASE....

Stick to talking about the Knicks because you clearly don't watch anyone else. Even the Hollinger quote someone posted in that other thread said the same thing which i completely agree with(surprisingly), so get the **** out of here with the "nobody agrees with me" crap.

Even then i don't give in to stupid **** like that since 3/4's of the people here don't watch the **** they pretend to talk about. Most of you are homers and only watch your 1 team, and only get to see others when you play them once in a blue moon

I think its hilarious you think he's on par with Joe Smith as a player but you clearly have no f'in clue what you're talking about. Just shutup already, and cry about Marbury.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #40
kidachi

why did the kings waive him anyway?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #41
TheGrassIsGreen
Why is...those things?

And the cumalative IQ of the Spurs drops 30 points.
TheGrassIsGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #42
Smokee
Banned

I don't even get why Laker fans think they need anyone. Its not like its going to jump them to domination over the Celtics. They have a full cast of players. Best record in the league. They are already the top team to beat.

SA on the other hand hasn't been what they were years ago, and its obvious. They needed and have needed to add another star type of player to complement the 3 they have now to be competitive with the top teams today. I would've been shocked if SA got to the finals this year with what they've had been relying on for a long time now.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #43
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrassIsGreen
And the cumalative IQ of the Spurs drops 30 points.

wrong.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #44
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
why did the kings waive him anyway?

They were trying to save money, which is why they made all of those trades, and i think saved 2 mill on Gooden.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #45
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
They were trying to save money, which is why they made all of those trades, and i think saved 2 mill on Gooden.

well I think releasing Gooden isn't worth saving 2 mill.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: