Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Dwyane Wade = Best Shooting Guard this year?

The guy has been doing great the past few weeks, you can see the explosiveness returning. He's very efficient, much improved defender from last season, and while being the second option has been putting up great numbers.

21\5\5 on 51% shooting, playing a career low in minutes, and least shots taken since his rookie year. Numbers only have been going up, 22\6\5 by the end of the year aren't out of the equation, he always performs better post All-Star Break.

Sure Kobe and Harden are scoring more than him, but they are less efficient, worse defenders this season, and have worst record.

Not to mention Wade is 3-0 against Harden and Kobe this year, while averaging
    25.6 PPG 6.7 APG 5.0 RPG 2.3 SPG 1.2 BPG against these two guys. He locked down Kobe Bryant to a 8\25 shooting game with 6 turnovers.

Is Dwyane Wade the BEST shooting guard this year? Or are Kobe or Harden better?

Default Re: Dwyane Wade = Best Shooting Guard this year?

Kobe & Harden >>>>

/endthispoorexcuseofathread

Samurai Swoosh

No, it's Kobe even as a 34 year old.

Don't get me wrong, Wade has been nice in spurts when he CHOOSES to be, but being that selective doesn't allow him to claim that title if he only plays when he feels like it.

Plus, he plays for the foul call so much now it's appalling, and he's the beneficiary of a TON of illegal moving screens it seems now.

Wade and Harden are the number 2 spots behind Mamba.

I'm really happy to see Wade pick it up and not have the inconsistent play earlier this year. There is sometimes where his shot isn't falling and that bad comes, but he's been impressive as of late.

But I think Bryant and Harden have had better years.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

I think him and Kobe are 1A 1B. Only think Kobe is better at is shooting really. Wade's a better defender, shot blocker, and their passing is at the same level. Look at Wade's teammates though and their numbers. LeBron at 26/7/7 and Bosh at like 18/8. I mean DAMN.

Sure Kobe and Harden are scoring more than him, but they are less efficient, worse defenders this season, and have worst record.
    Maybe if they were sitting out tons of games and being carried by LeBron and Bosh in a joke conference that wouldn't be the case...

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I think him and Kobe are 1A 1B. Only think Kobe is better at is shooting really. Wade's a better defender, shot blocker, and their passing is at the same level. Look at Wade's teammates though and their numbers. LeBron at 26/7/7 and Bosh at like 18/8. I mean DAMN.
    Wait, who do you have has 1A ?

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    Kobe & Harden >>>>

/endthispoorexcuseofathread
    This.

He's been the best SG over the last few weeks, but Kobe still his him beat for the year.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I'm really happy to see Wade pick it up and not have the inconsistent play earlier this year. There is sometimes where his shot isn't falling and that bad comes, but he's been impressive as of late.

But I think Bryant and Harden have had better years.
    His HGH cycle didnt kick in yet

We're not ranking who we think is the best player, but who has been the best this season.

Wade doesn't begin to have an argument over either Bryant or Harden...not even close.

Local High School Star

how can he be the best shooting guard if he cant shoot.

NBA rookie of the year

Give me Wade over both come playoff time. That's for damn sure. Especially considering one in particular likely won't even be there anyway.

Now a Cavs fan again

Wade is the best SG. His raw numbers are down because he plays with the best player in the league. Give him the freedom to chuck/ball-dominate the way Kobe and Harden do and he'd be the same 28/5/7 Wade he used to be.

College star

I find it interesting that OP mentioned Wade having a better record, when clearly his teammate in Bron is not only better than any teammate Kobe or Harden has had this year (by a long shot at that), but also is the reigning MVP and regardless of award, the best player in the league.

Anyway.

Wade has been effective. But Kobe and Harden have been better thusfar. A few weeks of vintage play does not erase the performances Wade put up prior to New Years. If he keeps it up for an extended period of time, we can have that discussion. But there's not much about 21/5/5 that yells out "best SG in the league."

Also, unlike Wade, Kobe and Harden are asked to take up the scoring mantle for the team, while defending the opposing team's best guard or prolific player on the perimeter night in and night out. That job typically falls on Lebron in crunch moments, not Wade. Neither is Wade asked to account for the level of offensive output those two players are. So though I won't argue Wade being a better defender than Kobe or Harden at this stage of their careers, there's more insight to be added than his blocks per game and such.

Regardless, this is an overreaction thread. Love Wade's game, but this is clearly overall one of his worst years, while conversely this is one of Kobe's best years in the last 2 or 3 seasons, and clearly Harden's breakout season. A few weeks of good play doesn't really change that.