Default Unsportsman like fouls need to be introduced in the NBA

I'm sick of watching a lazy defender potentially initiating a career ending foul for the sake of 2 points.
    You get paid to play basketball. Is it the same rules in your rec leagues and college in the states?
    FIBA rules are silimar to a tech foul, deliberately stop the play, expect a penalty. Free throw and possession.
    NBA is oh stuff it I'll wrap the player up preventing any chance of scoring plus the and one.
    Its a relatively recent FIBA rule that would make NBA better for the fan.
    Thoughts?

Default Re: Unsportsman like fouls need to be introduced in the NBA

That's what flagrant fouls are for. You can get ejected/suspended for it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

So you feel the nba is too physical? Compared to who? European basketball is more physical regardless of this rule.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brutalBBQ View Post
    I'm sick of watching a lazy defender potentially initiating a career ending foul for the sake of 2 points.
    You get paid to play basketball. Is it the same rules in your rec leagues and college in the states?
    FIBA rules are silimar to a tech foul, deliberately stop the play, expect a penalty. Free throw and possession.
    NBA is oh stuff it I'll wrap the player up preventing any chance of scoring plus the and one.
    Its a relatively recent FIBA rule that would make NBA better for the fan.
    Thoughts?
    Flagrant foul rules already cover dangerous plays (and have arguably gone too far). I do like the idea of awarding free throw and possession for the wrap-up foul though.

I'd want to see more fouls called as flagrant and less total fouls called. Basically, a foul should be a mistake. One that is harshly punished but called rarely.

Of course it wouldn't play out like that practically because even if everyone tried to play without fouling 100% of the time, the inconsistency of the officiating would mean they'd still be getting called for something or other frequently.