Default Anyone else more excited for the USA v World Rising Stars Challenge than the AS game?

Anyone else here more excited for the USA vs World Rising Stars Challenge than the actual All Star game?

Game's gonna be sick imo.

vs.

That World team is just nasty.

Default Re: Anyone else more excited for the USA v World Rising Stars Challenge than the AS game?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Anyone else here more excited for the USA vs World Rising Stars Challenge than the actual All Star game?

Game's gonna be sick imo.

vs.

That World team is just nasty.
    Yes, this seems more interesting than the actual ASG which is pretty boring to me. The league may be experimenting on the response to this game as a basis for eventually shifting to this format for the ASG in the near future.

Default Re: Anyone else more excited for the USA v World Rising Stars Challenge than the AS game?

Team World is going to drop an absolutely savage beatdown on Team USA.

Schroder
    Wiggins
    Giannis
    Mirotic
    Dieng

vs.

Carter-Williams
    Oladipo
    Muhammad?
    Zeller?
    Plumlee

I think the World team would mop the floor with the USA team though. Giannis + Wiggins its Giannis time boys

Gonna be great.

Hoping that these dudes play a competitive game, say, close to a "real" game... That way I think it can be definitely be more exciting than the ASG...

Yeah, I just wish Joel Freeland was eligible

You'd expect a high level of skill and finesse from the international guys, but what's really intriguing is the crazy physical tools for some of these guys...Schroder is lightning quick, Wiggins is a once in a decade type wing athlete, Giannis truly is a freak, and Gobert's mobility w/ height/wingspan is also nuts. They could overpower the USA team purely from a physical standpoint, which is something very unexpected. Throw in a sniper like Mirotic and a post presence like Nurkic, and it could get ugly.

If Jabari and Randle were still healthy, I could see it being very competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Yes, this seems more interesting than the actual ASG which is pretty boring to me. The league may be experimenting on the response to this game as a basis for eventually shifting to this format for the ASG in the near future.
    It'd be interesting for the actual AS game, but I'm not sure if this is more just coincidental thing that the international rising stars are all extremely talented this time around. I don't know if there's enough star international talent in the league right now, at least not enough to compete with an all-star USA team.