Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Future D1 Dad

Default Re: Anyone work(ed) night shift?

i work 6pm - 6am. didn't take long to get used to for me. especially like the summer since i can get to bed earlier and not have to take my kids to school.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    No offense but why the **** would you work a late night shift at Walmart?
    Probably because it pays a $1 more an hour than daytime shift at the very least.

I'm getting a job at Walmart from 4 PM to 12 AM. Should be easy considering I don't go to bed until 3-4 AM usually anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    Probably because it pays a $1 more an hour than daytime shift at the very least.

I'm getting a job at Walmart from 4 PM to 12 AM. Should be easy considering I don't go to bed until 3-4 AM usually anyway.
    I can only imagine the type of clientele that go into a Walmart at midnight. Are Walmart's open 24 hours a day?

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by StateProperty
    It hasn't been bad. Only thing is I can't sleep many hours straight during the day. Its like 5 hours then awake for 2 hours then another nap. In class right now runnin on five hour energy.
    I think working night shift for eight months in 2011 has had this impact on me. It's rare that I sleep longer than 3-5 hours at a time, and I'm always up overnight, sleepy during the day. I don't really have a sleep schedule

I work at nights to with extreme comfort (i even begged for night time, its kindof more peaceful, no traffic, less stressful and i get payed much more), no problems at all... there is really no "right time" to be up or sleep, its just the earth spinning away from the light of the sun :P.... as long as you get your ~8 hours a sleep you can be up and doing whatever you wish...
    Last edited by pauk; 06-07-2012 at 04:43 PM.

I would die if I worked nights.

Serious playground baller

I work in IT and in the middle of my graveyard rotation.

I work about 2 weeks of graveyard (10pm-630am) every 6 or so weeks. i usually only need 1 day to 'get ready' for the shift. The day/night before i start my graveyard shift I try to stay up as late as I can (6-7am). that way i'll wake up around 1-2 and start my day.

I find it best to go home and sleep right after my shift and then wake up between noon-3pm. that way I feel a little more normal being up with the rest of the world. I'm basically getting up and starting my day at the same time that 'normal' people are getting off work. I still have plenty of time to be social and go out and play basketball. its honestly not that bad, i kinda like it.

the key is to go home and sleep right away. when you wake up, STAY UP. Shower and get started on your day, youre up and about with the rest of the normal world. that makes a huge difference. Otherwise all youre doing is sleeping and working. it WILL start affecting you at a certain point.

Worked midnights for almost 4 years now. It isn't bad. But I suggest you go to sleep soon after you get home (hour or two), then wakeup at 4ish so that you can have the rest of the day to chill. Because when you go to sleep at 2-3ish, and wakeup right before work, it doesn't give you much time to just relax....