Page 119 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1969109116117118119120121122129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1937

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

whoa Mike Rice

he wont be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    USC Hoops = $hit on a stick.

First sign of $$$$ and he bolts. He had the opportunity to build a dynasty at FGCU, especially now since they are much talked about school. Just look at VCU. Shaka chose to stay and they'll be a force to be reckoned with as long as he's there.

Seriously? Guy's making $150K at FGCU.

They're a great story, but there's no "dynasty" to be built. Hell, in today's college basketball landscape, there's no dynasty being built anywhere.

VCU has a better likelihood of being a 1 or 2 win tournament team as long as Smart's there than they do of being much more than that. His notoriety will attract attention and earn them TV spots. What it won't do is bring in big time recruits. No blue chipper wants to play that style. It's hard work and sacrifice. In Richmond, Va.

FGCU caught lightning in a bottle. It's a great story. But on his way to building that "dynasty", two crappy seasons will cost him his $200K job along with prospects for a job at somewhere like USC. In the meantime, he coaches a style that looks like fun to play and has NBA ties. In Southern California.

Gotta make hay while the sun shines.

Poythress is returning. Interested to see if that affects Wiggins.

And UK is preposterously deep. How is it that no one since Wooden has been able to recruit like this? And oh yeah, Wooden cheated.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

And UK is preposterously deep. How is it that no one since Wooden has been able to recruit like this? And oh yeah, Wooden cheated.
    UK's got a 7 man class right? How many scholarships do they even have? I've read Derek Willis isn't even getting a hoops scholarship, but some in state academic thing or something, which just cracks me up.

What's UK's depth chart going to look like next year? This has to be the most loaded recruiting class Coach Cal has brought in even without Wiggins. The front court depth is insane. I think Wiggins might go to UNC.

Gordon / Polson
    Gordon
    Poythress / Young
    Randle / Wiltjer / Lee
    Cauley-Stein / Johnson

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    What's UK's depth chart going to look like next year? This has to be the most loaded recruiting class Coach Cal has brought in even without Wiggins. The front court depth is insane. I think Wiggins might go to UNC.

Gordon / Polson
    Gordon
    Poythress / Young
    Randle / Wiltjer / Lee
    Cauley-Stein / Johnson
    Pretty ridiculous looking team. I feel as though during the all american stuff thats going on and has been going on wiggins is putting thought into where he is going. getting to know some of the players that are going to the different schools better (primarily kentucky players, seemingly).

Steven Adams declares for the draft. I think its a mistake but I cant blame him.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    UK's got a 7 man class right? How many scholarships do they even have? I've read Derek Willis isn't even getting a hoops scholarship, but some in state academic thing or something, which just cracks me up.
    Kentucky really only carried 9 scholarship guys this season, and that's INCLUDING Polson who was a former walk on.

lose Mays, Goodwin, Harrow and I'm assuming Noel, that's 7 scholarships to give out

I mean, if Wiggins signs......

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder

Gordon / Polson
    Gordon
    Poythress / Young
    Randle / Wiltjer / Lee
    Cauley-Stein / Johnson
    PG Harrisonpg / Harrisonsg / Polson
    SG Harrisonsg / Young
    SF Poythress / Young
    PF Randle / Wiltjer / Lee
    C Cauley-Stein / Johnson / Lee

imo, although I don't follow their team that well. I think that's one too many players in the post.

Also Trey Zeigler is leaving Pitt. After he transferred from CMU.

News broke today about RB Rushel Shell transferring from Pitt too. Not a good day for Pitt sports.

Reggie Theus is the new coach of Cal State Northridge....he'll only be here for 3-4 years MAX, but will bring in some solid recruits, hopefully.

Because they are doing the same thing Wooden did?

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Steven Adams declares for the draft. I think its a mistake but I cant blame him.
    he'll be a first rounder for sure based on potential. He's not ready but he needs the money ASAP because of his family.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    "Academic"

Wooden didn't need to cheat. He had top recruits that had no choice but to stay, mature and grow their game for four years. Any comparison with today's college basketball landscape is absurd.

Thumbs down Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Just watched the mike rice footage