Default Do you know who you are? Do you act on it?

Are you true to yourself? Do you even know who you are and what you want from life?

Do you restrain yourself for your perception of societal benefit?

Do you restrain yourself for fear of death?

Do you restrain yourself for fear of social rejection?

Do you lie to gain acceptance?

Are you living the life you want to live within the constraints of your daily choices?

Are you genuine? Or are you just a silhouette of what you think people expect you to be?

Sometimes, I wonder these things. I suspect most people are going through life on autopilot, not being genuine and true to who they really want to be. Living as if they'll always be around forever... living scared.

Not living.

Default Re: Do you know who you are? Do you act on it?

My 30s have been incredible for me because i feel like I truly know who I am, what I like, what I dislike, who I want to surround myself with, positive energy and passionate people. Good vibes only sounds like an incredible cliche but it really rings true to me.

Don

[QUOTE=macmac]My 30s have been incredible for me because i feel like I truly know who I am, what I like, what I dislike, who I want to surround myself with, positive energy and passionate people. Good vibes only sounds like an incredible cliche but it really rings true to me.

Don

I just want to live a step over "comfortable"

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Close enough.

"Do you know who you are? Do you act on it?"

I don't believe anyone can definitively answer "yes" to those questions - and yet, I think it's important to never stop trying to do so. Life becomes art when you view it this way. No single work of art can ever capture the entire soul or mind of the artist. The goal is to simply give it as much as you can. In doing so, you continue to learn who you are - but you also never stop changing.

i couldn't answer this if i tried, so i'll just leave this here.

Banned

[QUOTE=diamenz]i couldn't answer this if i tried, so i'll just leave this here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Are you true to yourself? Do you even know who you are and what you want from life?

Do you restrain yourself for your perception of societal benefit?

Do you restrain yourself for fear of death?

Do you restrain yourself for fear of social rejection?

Do you lie to gain acceptance?

Are you living the life you want to live within the constraints of your daily choices?

Are you genuine? Or are you just a silhouette of what you think people expect you to be?

Sometimes, I wonder these things. I suspect most people are going through life on autopilot, not being genuine and true to who they really want to be. Living as if they'll always be around forever... living scared.

Not living.
    I know what I want(ed) in life but I'm probably not going to get it at this point. That's the actual truth, if you are gonna be real and not kiss ass, you're not gonna get to fulfill your dreams as you wanted them (assuming you wanted something mildly grandiose.) But you can still do some thangs. You're just not gonna be put on.

I never wanted to be famous or anything, but being real has def closed a lot of doors for me in terms of letting people put me on. I did alright nonetheless, it was just hard to build momentum.

I do fear certain deaths tho... don't fly anymore, no roller coasters, no boats. Nobody really likes social rejection either.

Live your life like me, then you can look in the mirror when it's all winding down and say "Damn, I was true to myself... damn, if I was a little less rigid, I could have done some way more amazing shit."

**** compromise, boys. CUZ I CAN SAY ON ISH I DO KNOW. I ****ING DID IT.

-Smak

I go through my day pretty normal like, I'm a normal guy, I'm a swell guy, I'm a nice enough guy, I'm a cool king of guy, I'm a pretty groovy guy...but then I get a little SUGAR in me and I get a little KOO-KOO. Doesn't have to be much, this time around it was two fiber one brownies, only 90 calories each but they do the job, if you know what I'm saying.

absolutely. the beauty of being a man is that you learn to think for yourself and if you play your cards right you can have everything you want and some - good relationships, good career meaning lifestyle, can have all the experiences and material shit you want in this world etc etc.

I know a lot of people chasing the wrong shit succumbing to the wrong pressures pleasing people they don't like and buying shit they can't afford. meanwhile others are banking cash paying obligations and moving ahead in life.

unfortunately one of the worst mistakes that I see is guys knocking up a bitch that they don't like or being idiots and locking themselves into an expensive mortgage to impress people. that bad decision-making shit is an epidemic.

5-time NBA All-Star

Learning self-knowledge is lifelong