Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2019, 10:15 PM   #76
Shogon
National High School Star

Default Re: 2 issues I have with waiters and waitresses

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep-itreal
You tip because you’re scared of someone ****ing with your food. You defend a group of workers who likes to spit in people’s food for not giving them extra money. At the same time you want to convince people these poor workers deserve all the sympathy because they don’t make enough

Makes perfect sense

Well you go ahead and live in fantasy land and just continue to believe all of your complaining and general ungratefulness results in perfectly clean food all the time. Ignorance is bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
Exactly. People going to a diner and acting like they want to get treated like the queen of England. Lol mentally ill. I’ve also never sent anything back in my life either. For one I’m not that picky. For two its not rocket science to not **** with people who are burnt out and preparing your food back in a private room where you can’t see.

Yep.

Quote:
Have fun eating jizz. You are probably accustomed to the taste already though

Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:51 PM   #77
keep-itreal
Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus
They're not going to pay the server wages anyway, since most people aren't as greedy as yo

There we go again. Every single post your on your knees slobbing on rich peoples knob. Youíre perfectly fine with these restaurant owners not paying the servers their wages, in fact you seem incredibly happy these rich owners sonít have to do it. Yet you have a big problem with customers not paying for the servers wages. Youíre saying that itís not the ownersí responsibility to pay their workers, itís the customers responsibility.

This is what youíre saying and you think that makes perfect sense. Go ahead and keep bending over for rich people, you dumbass fakkit
keep-itreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:00 AM   #78
warriorfan
The Playboy

Quote:
There we go again. Every single post your on your knees slobbing on rich peoples knob. Youíre perfectly fine with these restaurant owners not paying the servers their wages, in fact you seem incredibly happy these rich owners sonít have to do it. Yet you have a big problem with customers not paying for the servers wages. Youíre saying that itís not the ownersí responsibility to pay their workers, itís the customers responsibility.

This is what youíre saying and you think that makes perfect sense. Go ahead and keep bending over for rich people, you dumbass fakkit

You got champaign taste on a beer budget. Stick to McDonalds you worthless faggot.
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:09 AM   #79
Prometheus
for your health

Quote:

You have shitty comprehension. Or you're idealistic. Or you think your actions make a bigger difference than they do. They don't - you are nobody. Whether or not you and I - think - these people should make a bigger hourly wage is irrelevant. They don't, and they won't. Do you seriously have some vision that you will just refuse to tip often enough that you will rock the boat and the system will bend to your will? LOL. The only result of you being stingy is that a working class person will have less money to pay their rent, despite the fact that they held up their end of the bargain that nearly every other American seems comfortable holding up.

All you have to do, given your opinion, is refuse to eat out at these restaurants. If you went that route, you would be a completely reasonable person. Do you know how to cook? Can you find places where tips are not customary? My guess is yes to both, but you'd rather abuse poor people because you can get away with it.

You're a miserable fucking worm. I guarantee that you have an unhappy life. You don't even have to admit it - you are reading these words and you know that it's true. You're a bitter, selfish prick, and if you have a wife, she either cheats on you or wants to. If you have kids, I feel sorry for them. I doubt you do though.
Prometheus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:44 AM   #80
PWB15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk on Water
I know they must work hard. However there are 2 pet peeves I have and they are always in your face but not when you need them.

1. Interrupt your conversations. Youíre in the middle of telling a story and you lose your train of thought because they interrupted you to ask if you need anything. I donít get this. In the middle of conversation, how is this appropriate?

2. When you need them, theyíre too busy. Iím in a rush and canít stay for 2 hours. But when I want my bill, theyíre nowhere to be found. Even when I wave them down itís a struggle as theyíre busy with the newcomers.

They always interrupt your conversations but you need them you canít find them. Why do they assume we are going to stay for 2 hours?

There should be a better system. A bell when you need them and otherwise no talking. Also I hate it when they tell me their specials. Itís like theyíre trying to sell me on something I donít want.

You be in the middle of a f*cking sentence and they be like........."everything ok?
PWB15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:39 AM   #81
LoneyROY7
Clutch City

Quote:
You got champaign taste on a beer budget. Stick to McDonalds you worthless faggot.

LoneyROY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:34 AM   #82
DaHeezy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
oh so they're doing what they're supposed to do then? It's up to the employer to pay them, not the customers

I commented on you saying all they do is "bring you your food." Which is totally uninformed.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:36 AM   #83
DaHeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
This is true. Is tipping really that big of a deal for some of yall?

I'll tell you one thing, I don't conform to the whole percentages thing...that's absolute BS

So if my tables total bill is $1k, then I owe the waiter $200?? Take this $20 and be happy.

At the same time, if my bill is only $10....ima leave you a $5. It works both ways.

It all depends. I look at how much it contributes to my dollar per hour. But if I am grinding it's nice to see that value go up
Old 08-20-2019, 03:38 AM   #84
DaHeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper
I don't agree with this.

Everything you described is literally their job. It is their job to do those things. They aren't doing anything extra outside of their job description from the things that you mentioned. I don't get a tip at work for doing my job, I get my salary and nothing more.

Fast food restaurants are just that, fast food. They don't specialize in service, they specialize in getting you your shitty food, fast.

Make the employers pay minimum wage and abolish tipping, it's stupid as ****.

And I have worked in the hospitality industry, my dad was also a chef his entire life.

I agree. That's their job. I was just responding to an ignorant comment saying all server do is bring food.
But read my other point on why you should tip
Old 08-20-2019, 03:41 AM   #85
DaHeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
Americans and their tipping

You already paid for the meal why do you have to pay extra to the waiter, for what?

It's not my fault their boss is paying them below minimum wage

It's not the server's fault either. Blame the system. Don't take it out on the server. If you don't like tipping there are plenty of options. McDonalds doesn't accept tips. You're always welcome there.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:49 AM   #86
DaHeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
Is your issue with the pricing or is it just merely the idea of tipping?

Because the US could outlaw tipping tomorrow and you can guarandamntee your sorry ass that meals are going up literally everywhere. EVERYWHERE. And then you'd be forced to pay, lmao.

People that tip, as they should, are the ones subsidizing your cheap jew ass.

You're the dumbass, you faggot.

100%. Like I said, blame the system, don't take it out on the server. Go to other options if tipping is an issue.

Also servers remember shitty tippers. Don't ever expect to get good service if you ever come back. And if you're a decent tipper, you'll get more than exceptional service. My regulars always get free drinks from me. I discount food. Give them all the mistakes. They get a king's treatment.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:36 PM   #87
DaHeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus
Yeah pretty much every non-American says this. Your thoughts are completely unoriginal.

Not just non-Americans. Blacks and Indians are notoriously bad tippers.
Supe, I guess that's why Indian restaurants don't get tipped?
Old 08-24-2019, 04:41 AM   #88
Uncle Drew
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I'm not tipping any waiters or waitresses. Your job is to bring food to the table, that's the only shit you have to do. That's what you get paid to do so why the **** do I have to tip you extra for it
Why tip someone for a job I’m capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I did, however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:22 AM   #89
warriorfan
The Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
Why tip someone for a job Iím capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I did, however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones.

Shut the fuck up jameer
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: