Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
sonics0034
Serious playground baller

sonics0034 has decent reputationsonics0034 has decent reputation
Default Warrick or Rudy Gay??

Both of them are available in my league, and i am looking for blks and rebs, who should i pick???
sonics0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

i'd go gay.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #3
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Rudy will be more consistent, 1st time I've ever seen Warrick go off like that, plus he'll give you steals and more points.

Last edited by bigkingsfan : 11-02-2006 at 09:43 PM.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:45 PM   #4
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

I can't believe the stupidity on this board.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:02 AM   #5
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
I can't believe the stupidity on this board.

are you talking about the original post or the advice? if you are talking about the advice then i have to disagree because Gay is the obvious choice...if you are complaining about the poster asking for help, then it kind of defeats the purpose of a fantasy help forum no doesnt it? he came here for help and advice and he was provided with some insight. not everyone is as smart as you.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:15 AM   #6
nahlij1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nahlij1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
i'd go gay.

LOLOLOLOL....couldn't help myself.
nahlij1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:31 AM   #7
sonics0034
Serious playground baller

sonics0034 has decent reputationsonics0034 has decent reputation

I definitely think Rudy gay has more upside, but the problem is that Warrick is the one who starts, Rudy would have played only 23 mins if the game didn't go to 3rd overtime....

I don't know why GoRapz thinks this board is stupid....
sonics0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:40 AM   #8
nahlij1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nahlij1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonics0034
I definitely think Rudy gay has more upside, but the problem is that Warrick is the one who starts, Rudy would have played only 23 mins if the game didn't go to 3rd overtime....

I don't know why GoRapz thinks this board is stupid....

In my league I was thinking about the same transaction, but is Warrick worth it in the long-run? Is Pau coming back anytime soon, and will he have one of those injuries that lingers to the point where he won't be the same this year?
nahlij1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

who asks this question? it's common sence. Gasol is out for a while, it's pretty obvious we're going to be seeing more of Rudy Gay, esspecially with the game he had with the Knicks.

This is like asking "should I eat non-peanut foods or peanut foods. I am allergic to peanuts"

I know this board is for fantasy help, but what the hell is this? it's common sence. If you're having this hard of a time choosing, you mind as well give up on your team.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #10
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
who asks this question? it's common sence. Gasol is out for a while, it's pretty obvious we're going to be seeing more of Rudy Gay, esspecially with the game he had with the Knicks.

This is like asking "should I eat non-peanut foods or peanut foods. I am allergic to peanuts"

I know this board is for fantasy help, but what the hell is this? it's common sence. If you're having this hard of a time choosing, you mind as well give up on your team.
if you look at the box score of the New York game you're talking about, Warrick outscored and outrebounded Rudy Gay. Warrick posted 22, 12 and 1 and the Gay posted 21, 8 and 4. Warrick's FT% was garbage that night but he shot 66% last season and Gay shot 73% his senior year so the decision is a little more complicated than you're making it out to be. The key factor for my decision was the seven more shots that the Grizzlies had Gay take. Even though he was shooting at 38%, it's indicative that the Grizzlies are going to rely more on Gay than Warrick on the offensive end.
I still recommend Gay but I don't agree with your implying the guy doesn't have any common sense after the games both players had.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 11-03-2006 at 02:54 PM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:13 PM   #11
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

agreed. I think its a good question.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:26 PM   #12
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

I doubt Warrick will have another game like that for awhile. It's pretty clear that Rudy Gay is more valuable and will be used more often on the offensive end.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #13
hoopsididitagain
Got Some Game

hoopsididitagain has an OK reputation so far

Rudy Gay will be the more consistent player of the two and I think he will help you more the the catogories you needed.
hoopsididitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: