Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-12-2007, 06:21 AM   #16
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Steven A.: If LA doesnt get something done this summer, Kobe will ask to be trade

I see gts' point. It's hard thinking Kobe would demand out knowing the consequences. LA has embraced him and given his past history/image, demanding a trade may tarnish it permanently.

I also think thats why management wasn't hurried in any way to build around him, they might have sensed that this is Kobe's only choice. That's why the pressure he is putting on them now is for the better.

Kobe wants to win bad though I know thats for sure
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:09 AM   #17
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Steven A.: If LA doesnt get something done this summer, Kobe will ask to be traded

What you don't realize is that Kobe can force any trade he wants because of his opt out clause.

For example, he can list teams he wants to be traded for. Say Chicago and New York.
Say Lakers can get P.J Brown, Duhon and Nocioni from the Bulls.

And then Minnesota offers KG.

Of course you take KG but then Kobe says he will opt out of his contract in Minnesota.

And what choice do you have? You must trade him to Chicago for that crappy package because Kobe has all the power and the longer the trade process keeps dragging the worse will the offers get and the more will his trade value take a hit, kinda like with Carter in Toronto.

Basically, if they don't do the right thing, Kobe can force them to trade him for ultimate crap and yet again the Lakers may be forced to do another terrible trade of a superstar.

Can't feel sorry for the Lakers, they deserved every bit of it because they took one of the greatest players of all time for granted and he was in his prime.
They deserve the worst possible package they can get in return.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Steven A.: If LA doesnt get something done this summer, Kobe will ask to be traded

^ you mean what Shaq did.....

If Kobe is not furious with this Laker management, then I would not think he's a competitor. So of course he is furious. We are all furious here.

The sad part is that all the "signals" I have been reading from articles and interviews of Laker management seems to indicate the status quo for the summer. I hope I am wrong and that they can do some significant deals to mold this team. The blunders are long listed and the successes are few and far between, post-logo.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:39 PM   #19
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbph7UqZUE
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #20
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

Thanks for giving me a bad stomach ache sizzle :)
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: